Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #316
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
congrats on getting your ADR's ! We went to beaches and cream at a busy time in march and only had about 20 minutes to wait , and it was worth the wait
Thank you! I'm glad to hear y'all didn't have a long wait @ Beaches & Cream. My plan is to get there right when they open, so hopefully that will help minimize our wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
Now DF wants Ohana's , grrrrrrr , seems like I will have to give u one of the signatures , will have to be AP , I guess I need to be fair and let him pick some restaurants , and like all good cavemen , the extremely large amounts of food , followed by huge skewers of meat , what man can resist ?
Yeah, we're doing dinner at 'Ohana for my DH. It's one place he's been dying to go to & I've never been able to get an ADR before. I definitely think it's a "man thing".
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #317
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Happy Monday Everyone!

I am here to give my ADR report! I woke up bright & early (4:45 am) to do my online ADRs. I had read on the boards that lots of people are having trouble being able to do their ADRs online on their 180 day. Of course, this was the case for myself. The website showed our reservation but couldn't find it when it came time to book ADRs. So, I finally just gave up & waited until I could call in at 6am. I dialed in at 5:59 am & got someone right away. All was going well....she did my first 3 ADRs then she started having phone troubles, saying she couldn't hear me. But, the CM was great....she told me she was hanging up & calling me back. And she did just that.

Once we reconnected her phone problem was solved & we were able to quickly confirm the rest of my ADRs. So, here is what I ended up with:

Drumroll Please...........

Sat., 9/29:
No ADRs

Sun., 9/30:
Lunch at Beaches & Cream (they don't take ADRs, so none made)

Mon., 10/1:
5:00pm dinner at Les Chefs de France (call us crazy - we are going to Epcot just for dinner & it is the 30th anniversary of Epcot )

Tues., 10/2:
7:30am breakfast at 'Ohana

Wed., 10/3:
8:05am breakfast at Hollywood & Vine
4:55pm dinner (F! package) at Mama Melrose

Thurs., 10/4:
6:20pm dinner at Via Napoli

Fri., 10/5:
8:10am breakfast at Crystal Palace
7:05pm dinner at 'Ohana

Sat., 10/6:
7:30am breakfast at Kona Cafe

That's it folks!
Congrats.... Looks like a great lineup. I'm doing my CP breakfast and Ohana dinner on the same day as well ( mine is a few months earlier )

How long do you think it will be until you change it??? (LOL)- hopefully you're resting now. Glad things went smoothly
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #318
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

okay Amanda, i figure i might as well get it over with and join you here...

Here are my initial ADR's- and the reason's i'm thinking of changing some of them.

Thurs Epcot

Akershus 9:50 a.m.

I think the goal will be to make rope drop, stop by the Character Connection, and then make a leisurely walk to Norway. I’ll check lines and either have Chris grab FP while in line at the character connection, or we’ll grab them on the way to Norway.

Friday Magic Kingdom

Crystal Palace 8:15 a.m.

This was totally random... i started thinking about preopening pictures... and if we don't do the Signature then we will have one additional ADR to fit in somewhere...

Ohana 7:50 p. m.

Saturday Animal Kingdom

Tusker House 9:30 am

We'll just go in and get a set of fast passes for the safari first. It takes forever to walk back there anyway. at least we won't have to rush.

Sunday Party (and some MK)

Crystal Palace 1:00 p.m.

If we end up deciding against HBD and choosing a one credit meal instead, then this one would get cancelled and replaced with something.

Monday Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Brown Derby 7:00 p.m.

I just wanted to make it late enough to not interrupt characterpalooza

I'm contemplating changing Hollywood Brown Derby to Yachtsman or Captain's.

And i'm contemplating changing the timing on many others so that i can concentrate on the short lines in the mornings. I had neglected to take in the fact that i can no longer fastpass horde... i just have no idea yet...

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #319
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
okay Amanda, i figure i might as well get it over with and join you here...

Here are my initial ADR's- and the reason's i'm thinking of changing some of them.

Thurs Epcot

Akershus 9:50 a.m.

I think the goal will be to make rope drop, stop by the Character Connection, and then make a leisurely walk to Norway. I’ll check lines and either have Chris grab FP while in line at the character connection, or we’ll grab them on the way to Norway.

Friday Magic Kingdom

Crystal Palace 8:15 a.m.

This was totally random... i started thinking about preopening pictures... and if we don't do the Signature then we will have one additional ADR to fit in somewhere...

Ohana 7:50 p. m.

Saturday Animal Kingdom

Tusker House 9:30 am

We'll just go in and get a set of fast passes for the safari first. It takes forever to walk back there anyway. at least we won't have to rush.

Sunday Party (and some MK)

Crystal Palace 1:00 p.m.

If we end up deciding against HBD and choosing a one credit meal instead, then this one would get cancelled and replaced with something.

Monday Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Brown Derby 7:00 p.m.

I just wanted to make it late enough to not interrupt characterpalooza

I'm contemplating changing Hollywood Brown Derby to Yachtsman or Captain's.

And i'm contemplating changing the timing on many others so that i can concentrate on the short lines in the mornings. I had neglected to take in the fact that i can no longer fastpass horde... i just have no idea yet...
Welcome! So glad to see you here!

I think your plan looks great. I do like the breakfast ADRs before Rope Drop. You can get so much accomplished without having to break in the middle of the morning. And I think doing it before RD may help with the FP enforcement.

As for HBD.....I have heard some people say that they really like it. But, if you move to one of the others, you could maybe do a 715pm ADR so y'all could do Characterpalooza & then take your time getting to the restaurant.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #320
chinarider
DIS Veteran

ok, I'm down to like 45 days ....... still debating changing and concerned because (dum,de, dum, dum)....... I had to have my gall bladder out 10 days ago!!!!

I guess surgery went well but, now I'm not sure what my body will allow me to eat!!! I really didnt want to have it done before the trip but, 2 doctors recommended that it be done now. I also really didnt want to risk it becoming a medical emergency while I was gone ( or on the ship)

So, now I'm afraid that all the food that I looked so forward to enjoying might not work out as planned.....
Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #321
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinarider View Post
ok, I'm down to like 45 days ....... still debating changing and concerned because (dum,de, dum, dum)....... I had to have my gall bladder out 10 days ago!!!!

I guess surgery went well but, now I'm not sure what my body will allow me to eat!!! I really didnt want to have it done before the trip but, 2 doctors recommended that it be done now. I also really didnt want to risk it becoming a medical emergency while I was gone ( or on the ship)

So, now I'm afraid that all the food that I looked so forward to enjoying might not work out as planned.....
OMG! First off....glad you're okay & that the surgery went well. I think you made a good decision going ahead & having the surgery done. That would indeed be terrible to have a medical emergency at Disney....or even worse....on the boat!

Have the doctors given you diet restrictions or guidelines?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #322
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome! So glad to see you here!

I think your plan looks great. I do like the breakfast ADRs before Rope Drop. You can get so much accomplished without having to break in the middle of the morning. And I think doing it before RD may help with the FP enforcement.

As for HBD.....I have heard some people say that they really like it. But, if you move to one of the others, you could maybe do a 715pm ADR so y'all could do Characterpalooza & then take your time getting to the restaurant.
oh yeah, i'd give up food before i'd give up characterpalooza... and that's saying a lot coming from me.

i've realized that i really rushed into making my ADR's. we kind of made our dates and then were like, crap, ADR's are in a few days. Now i've decided that we must have dessert at T-Rex fro my little dino lover. Only my schedule doesn't allow for many opportunities to fit it in and where it does, there are no openings so far. wish me luck!

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #323
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh yeah, i'd give up food before i'd give up characterpalooza... and that's saying a lot coming from me.

i've realized that i really rushed into making my ADR's. we kind of made our dates and then were like, crap, ADR's are in a few days. Now i've decided that we must have dessert at T-Rex fro my little dino lover. Only my schedule doesn't allow for many opportunities to fit it in and where it does, there are no openings so far. wish me luck!
I hope you can get TRex. My best friend & her husband just took their kids on their 1st Disney trip this past Feb. They ate at TRex one night & loved it! She texted me a pic of their dessert....OMG! It was huge & looked delicious! I'm sure you probably already know this, but just in case you don't......don't use Disney's online system to try to get an ADR at TRex, call them. They usually have more available than what shows up online with Disney.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #324
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG! First off....glad you're okay & that the surgery went well. I think you made a good decision going ahead & having the surgery done. That would indeed be terrible to have a medical emergency at Disney....or even worse....on the boat!

Have the doctors given you diet restrictions or guidelines?
I thinks it's still trial and error with foods. They say to stay away from fatty and fried foods but, still not sure on how my system will adjust to everything else. I dont want to have to give up all the yumminess that WDW and the cruise has to offer
Old 04-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #325
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thinks it's still trial and error with foods. They say to stay away from fatty and fried foods but, still not sure on how my system will adjust to everything else. I dont want to have to give up all the yumminess that WDW and the cruise has to offer
I would probably give it a few weeks & see how I'm doing with certain foods. Maybe keep a food journal so you know what kinds of things not to order while on vacation.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #326
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you can get TRex. My best friend & her husband just took their kids on their 1st Disney trip this past Feb. They ate at TRex one night & loved it! She texted me a pic of their dessert....OMG! It was huge & looked delicious! I'm sure you probably already know this, but just in case you don't......don't use Disney's online system to try to get an ADR at TRex, call them. They usually have more available than what shows up online with Disney.
Okeydoky, so i guess i've officially made my first change! I added T-Rex at 8:15 on our arrival night. I think we will land about 4:30, go and check in, head over to DTD. My hope is that we will be there early enough to eat at Earl's and then head over to T-Rex for the Chocolate Explosion dessert. James will be on cloud nine, but i think it will be a bit loud, so a decent compromise. If we end up changing around with our signature we can always use this as a full meal if needed, hopefully move it up a bit if we do that.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #327
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okeydoky, so i guess i've officially made my first change! I added T-Rex at 8:15 on our arrival night. I think we will land about 4:30, go and check in, head over to DTD. My hope is that we will be there early enough to eat at Earl's and then head over to T-Rex for the Chocolate Explosion dessert. James will be on cloud nine, but i think it will be a bit loud, so a decent compromise. If we end up changing around with our signature we can always use this as a full meal if needed, hopefully move it up a bit if we do that.
Yay! You got a TRex ADR! I think that sounds like a really good plan! That chocolate explosion dessert is what my friend's family had when they ate there. She had texted me a picture. OMG! It is huge & looks delicious! Enjoy!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #328
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Hi, hope everyone is doing well. Have none of us really not changed any reservations or are we just not fessing up to it??? LOL
CRT came out with a new breakfast menu and I now want to try and score one of those hard to get breakfast reservations. I cant believe my trip is a month from Wednesday!!!! Have never eaten in the castle and for 2TS , I wasnt too interested in any of the meals but, the new breakfast does entice me. I am checking daily incase something might open up ( there's just 2 of us so perhaps... and it doesn have to be prior to park opening ) however, if I am able to score one , then I will have to revamp some of my others!!!!
I'm glad based on Tuttos new menu that I didnt plan on going there. Nothing on it really appeals to me. I'm still on the fence about the menu and Rose and Crown but, it's gotten a great deal of good reviews and I have the highly demanded 7:40 ressie for Illuminations so, I'm thinking we will keep it. Decided not to do Garden Grocer and am having a case of water delivered by Costco for under 10 dollars. Picked up 3 plastic containers to put in suitcases with pastries etc for breakfast. Picked up a $8.50 coffee pot from Walmart and will take it in my carry on ( we're staying at POP so, no coffee pot in room. and then I will just trash it when done). Bought powdered creamer and Maxwell House coffee in the filters so, I think I'm good to go. Gotta start packing soon. Stomach is doing okay from surgery, still figuring out what I can eat but, most seems to be okay. My DD and I are starting diet on Tuesday, hopefully I can lose 15-20 pounds in the 30 days. Doing the HCg, it worked before , I just need to stay focused.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #329
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi, hope everyone is doing well. Have none of us really not changed any reservations or are we just not fessing up to it??? LOL
CRT came out with a new breakfast menu and I now want to try and score one of those hard to get breakfast reservations. I cant believe my trip is a month from Wednesday!!!! Have never eaten in the castle and for 2TS , I wasnt too interested in any of the meals but, the new breakfast does entice me. I am checking daily incase something might open up ( there's just 2 of us so perhaps... and it doesn have to be prior to park opening ) however, if I am able to score one , then I will have to revamp some of my others!!!!
I'm glad based on Tuttos new menu that I didnt plan on going there. Nothing on it really appeals to me. I'm still on the fence about the menu and Rose and Crown but, it's gotten a great deal of good reviews and I have the highly demanded 7:40 ressie for Illuminations so, I'm thinking we will keep it. Decided not to do Garden Grocer and am having a case of water delivered by Costco for under 10 dollars. Picked up 3 plastic containers to put in suitcases with pastries etc for breakfast. Picked up a $8.50 coffee pot from Walmart and will take it in my carry on ( we're staying at POP so, no coffee pot in room. and then I will just trash it when done). Bought powdered creamer and Maxwell House coffee in the filters so, I think I'm good to go. Gotta start packing soon. Stomach is doing okay from surgery, still figuring out what I can eat but, most seems to be okay. My DD and I are starting diet on Tuesday, hopefully I can lose 15-20 pounds in the 30 days. Doing the HCg, it worked before , I just need to stay focused.
I have held strong to my ADRs....so far. I think I'm just too busy with other things right now to obsess over them right now. But, once things calm down in about 3 weeks, that could be another story.

I haven't even looked at the new menus! I hope you're able to get a breakfast ADR for CRT. I think something will probably open up before you leave.

You sound very prepared! That's a good idea to just have Garden Grocer deliver water.

Glad to hear your stomach is doing okay! Hopefully, all will be well for your trip. Good luck on the diet!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #330
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I'm glad to hear y'all didn't have a long wait @ Beaches & Cream. My plan is to get there right when they open, so hopefully that will help minimize our wait.

Yeah, we're doing dinner at 'Ohana for my DH. It's one place he's been dying to go to & I've never been able to get an ADR before. I definitely think it's a "man thing".
i could be a vegetarian and still would have no problem going there... the salad is so good, and the dessert is drool worthy!

Quote:

i'm with amanda- i haven't changed yet, but am stlll contemplating it, just had other priorities at the moment. what is the new CRt breakfast?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: