Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

2011 - What day is it? - Day 23 - Goodbye OKW, Hello Disney Dream **VIDEO ADDED**

Day 23 – Goodbye OKW, Hello Disney Dream

*** TODAYS VIDEO *** – SAIL AWAY PARTY AND ANIMATORS PALETTE

The next few days cannot be justified by my text efforts, so that is a good excuse for the vast amount of photographs to follow.

We were all washed and dressed by 7:00 am and completed the final packing. One last visit was in order to POR for breakfast. We also managed to spend our last three snack credits in the shop on bags of sweets. On returning back to OKW we did one final sweep of the room and then loaded the suitcases into the car. We left OKW at 9:30 am in convoy, together with Martin and Wayne. The journey to Port Canaveral was uneventful except for an emergency stop off at a petrol station because Martin was running on fumes! We arrived at Port Canaveral a little early and were directed to drive slowly around the block. On returning back to security, after showing passports etc. we offloaded our luggage with one of the many porters at the kerb side, and then proceeded to park the car in the multi story car park. The terminal entrance was reached via a covered walkway and this gave us our first close up sighting of the Disney Dream.

At check in we were given our silver Castaway lanyards since this was our second Disney cruise. After checking in we grabbed a few photos with various characters that were wandering round.

Initially we were given boarding card 15, however one of the Disney photographers gave us a boarding card 4, which got us onto the ship a lot earlier.

We were announced aboard and greeted by a number of the crew, before making our way to our first of many visits to Cabanas. The quality and selection of food was amazing. Whilst I concentrated on the seafood selection, both Sue and Emma made light work of the numerous desserts. All of which was washed down with a couple of cocktails of the day!

We arrived at our stateroom (7562) at 13:30, to find our Castaway Club gift on the bed.

After a little unpacking we decided to have a wander around the ship to find our bearings and also take a few photos along the way.

We decorated our cabin door with a few magnets, and as a surprise, we fixed a few to Martins door before knocking it and running off!

At 16:00, we gathered in the Walt Disney Theatre for the lifeboat drill. This was a lot quicker that our first cruise where everyone assembled on deck wearing life vests. We returned back to the cabin to collect my camera and then made our way onto the upper deck ready the sail away party. It was quite a while before I realized we were moving, cruising past the waving onlookers outside the various restaurants. At one point an Orange County Sheriff gave us a good long blast of his patrol car sirens.

When the sail away party finished, we returned to our cabin, to shower and change ready for our evening meal which tonight was at Animators Palette. I had read a lot of how the theming had changed from the other two Disney ships, but what we were about to witness later, was totally amazing.

continued in next post.........

Last edited by DISWolves; 04-29-2012 at 02:00 PM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
DISWolves

Post continued from above......

We managed to get three families seated together on one table. The menu had a wide variety to suit all tastes, which made choosing a difficult option.

Nigel: Baked potato and cheddar cheese soup – Marinated Angus beef tenderloin – Sweet temptations (a trio of desserts) – Bahama Mama cocktail
Sue: Vine ripe tomato salad – Lemon Thyme marinated organic chicken breast – Cookies n cream sundae – Bahama Mama cocktail
Emma: Vine ripe tomato salad – Lemon Thyme marinated organic chicken breast – Cookies n cream sundae – Diet Coke

During the meal, the cartoon cells on the wall came to life and I had an encounter with Crush the Turtle (see video here).

After dinner we returned to our cabin for a short while to find the bed had been turned down and
a towel animal and three chocolates greeted us.

We then made our way to the Walt Disney Theatre for tonight’s presentation of the Golden Mickeys.

After dinner, we browsed in the various shops and continued to wander around the ship taking a few photos along the way, also grabbing a slice of pizza before retiring to our beds after a long and eventful day.

Coming up next – Aqua Duck – Nassau – Senor Frogs – Formal night in Enchanted Garden

Return to INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 04-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

wow it all looks amazing
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Excellent photos. Love Emma saluting.

I so want one of those red dream pillows.

Nearly time for me to get a silver lanyard.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh this has just made my day and got me soooooooooooooo excited for our Cruise
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Your photos are amazing
Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
DISWolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
wow it all looks amazing
It really has to be seen to be believed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Excellent photos. Love Emma saluting.

I so want one of those red dream pillows.

Nearly time for me to get a silver lanyard.
I reckon a few red pillows go walks....but I am sure Disney will charge you when reported and I bet they are not cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh this has just made my day and got me soooooooooooooo excited for our Cruise
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
Your photos are amazing
Glad you are enjoying them. The next couple of days are causing a problem in reducing the number of pics.I may have to do across 3 posts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: