Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #29
dougsmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
De-lurking to say hello and how much I've been enjoying your TR.

I had to laugh at your experience at the Farmer's Market/The Grove. We have a long flight from Oz to LA (14 hours) and we normally are out of the airport by about 10.30 in the morning. I ALWAYS plan for us to go get lunch at the Farmer's Market/The Grove as this is too early for us to check in to any hotel.

The last two times we did this, my DS (then 8 and 10) would be asleep on the back seat when we get to the parking lot.
DH and I have to do the tag team thing to go get lunch so that we can eat and also make sure that DS is okay at the same time. We both end up rushing around and not getting to check out the vendors properly.

I'm not sure which is worse....getting there right on when they close or getting there when everything is opened and not being able to properly explore.

There won't be a third time. Next time we head to LA, we are definitely planning a day OTHER THAN arrival day to visit.
Thanks for following along with my trip report. I think we will definitely plan on the Farmers Market next time we head out to California and plan to spend a couple of hours there exploring our options for food and then eating. I guess you can watch them make ice cream, decorate cakes in the window, make candy... I think we could have used more shopping time on this trip too. We obviously never made it to The Grove shops and we also never made it to Downtown Disney. I don't like to spend a lot of time shopping on vacation, but I would have liked a little shopping.

Up next - Off Site @ Grand Reserve April, 2015
1st Trip Dec 2002 - Holiday Inn Nicki Bird, 2nd Trip June 2004 - Fantasy World Villas, 3rd Trip Feb 2006 - Windsor Palms, 4th Trip Feb 2007 - Regal Palms, 5th Trip Feb 2008 - Solana Resort, 6th Trip Feb 2009 - Windwood Bay, 7th Trip Feb 2010 - Grand Reserve, 8th trip Feb 2011 - Grand Reserve, 9th trip Feb 2012 Grand Reserve, 10th trip April 2012 Disney Land - Castle Inn and Suites, 11th trip Feb 2013 Grand Reserve, 12th Trip Feb 2014 Grand Reserve
dougsmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: