Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #1171
Lainey321
Mouseketeer

My 20th anniversary was 4/25 & my birthday is May 19. This cruise is my anniversary & birthday present, as well as Camille's 8th grade graduation gift (I'm getting my money's worth)
Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #1172
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs27 View Post
My oldest son is sick this week, during our state testing. I took him to the doctor and it is viral, so hope he gets better quickly. I am having horrid allergies, just trying to keep it from turning into a sinus infection. Praying everyone is well for the cruise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster18 View Post
I either have a YUCKY cold or allergies too. It's worse at night and in the morning. I don't ever get seasonal allergies but since moving to MD... it's been nasty.
Ick ick ick.. I have the same thing going on. Better for us to get it this week instead of next week right!!?? My allergies have been awful this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post
I neglected to mention, the woman on the phone who told me the rotations listed them in a different order:

Rotation 1 is LAPLA
Rotation 2 is APLAP
Rotation 3 is PLAPL
Ok so we have Palo on night 2... can someone please tell this newbie what I need to request??? I cant remember what all those letters stand for :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMom712 View Post
My goal today is to get everything all bagged up. I have been thinking about shipping the box full of them to the port but I am not sure how much it will cost, or if it's safe to ship this late. If it arrives there by Monday the 7th I should be good, right?
I REALLY want to ship mine as well. Have any of you shipped your FEs?? Have they gotten there ok?? DO they just put them in your room or do I pick them up somewhere?

Quote:
Me too! I even went to the Disboard for that cruise to look. It's funny - that cruise has already sailed and they only had around 30 pages on their feed. Look at us - we're already up to 76 pages!
We are a chatty bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy View Post
Navigators just posted. I got so excited have not even looked at them yet. Here is the link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44709576
Woohoo thanks for posting!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster18 View Post
Leah is going to be Tink for Pirate Night!!!

I'm still trying to pick the darn graphic for our shirts!!!
So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseyrick View Post
I'm soooo excited about this cruise I can hardly contain myself. I ordered a new pirate outfit for DS from eBay and it came in on Wed. DS was running around with his "hook" saying "Yaaaahr mateys!" and kept asking if we're joining his crew or walking the plank. May 9th can't come fast enough!!

Yesterday was my ... um ... 26th birthday (again). What an awesome day it was. Started with DS jumping on my bed with 2 cards while singing "Happy Birthday" twice. Then, DH surprised me with a gigantic fruit basket at work from Edible Arrangements (I've seasonal allergies, so flowers are a big no no.), then DH & DS took me out for dinner with Dining Out for Life and ended with an awesome chocolate cake that DS personally frosted. Plus, ya gotta love Facebook. Can't remember any time I got 60+ birthday wishes on my birthday. Makes a girl feel uber good, even if FB provides an auto reminder.
Happy birthday!!!!!!

Quote:
Holy flying Dumbo is this trip close!
haha that made me LOL

Quote:
If I am seated with in of you awesome people at Dinner do not laugh at me. I have been depriving myself of good food for months now with little success 6 pounds lost. I might be tempted to order everything off the menu. Just kidding but seriously. I been keeping my calorie count at 1200 the past month.
Wait so we are NOT suppose to order 1 of everything on the menu??? I am so sick of watching what I eat... I cant wait to eat like there is no calories in anything

Quote:
I am hoping DH will be up for a deposit on the next cruise too. I talked to him about it and he at least seemed open to the suggestion.
UPDATE! It's a boy!
Oh we are putting a deposit on another cruise. I didnt even ask my DH, I just told him that's the plan

Congrats on the baby boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Oh, one thing that is not mentioned in the Navigators that you might want to keep in mind...Cove Cafe has goodies throughout the day. You are not required to purchase a coffee drink or any beverage to enjoy the goodies. My favorites are the fudgy brownie things and the chocolate cups filled with cream (if I remember correctly they have a sliced strawberry on top).
FREE goodies????? Fudgy brownie things sound great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildforgoofy View Post
My Birthday is tomorrow, I will be ...... 36 cough cough! Long story but I actually thought I was 36 for like 2 years. Finally when I was 38 and I told someone I was 36 Brian turned and looked at me like WTH??? and said you're 38! In which I replied... NO WAY!! It must be a good year for me, now I just stick with 36 for every birthday. Happy Birthday to all the Birthday people in our cruise family!
Happy birthday to you

Quote:
Nope, no need to take the goodies to the register! Actually, it's more like a bar in there. When standing at the bar (facing it), there will be a small food case to the right of it. Plates, napkins, and forks are out next to it. Just help yourself to a few goodies in the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey321 View Post
My 20th anniversary was 4/25 & my birthday is May 19. This cruise is my anniversary & birthday present, as well as Camille's 8th grade graduation gift (I'm getting my money's worth)
Happy birthday and anniversary!!!!!

Where is Kelly?????

Hi friends!!!! I leave in 1 week!!!!!! FE gifts are done and labeled... all ready to go. I have my kids clothes all pulled out and ready to be packed. I am running around like a crazy woman trying to keep things organized. It is coming together!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #1173
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzmom_of_twins View Post
We are a chatty bunch

Wait so we are NOT suppose to order 1 of everything on the menu??? I am so sick of watching what I eat... I cant wait to eat like there is no calories in anything

I hear you. I am tired of watching what I eat. I might be tempted to order two of some of the desserts. I have not had a good dessert in months.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #1174
sararoonie
Earning My Ears

I want to quote and reply to so many things from the past couple weeks, but I'll just stop in for a quick moment and say I can't believe it's almost here!!
Though I'm not sure if I should be jumping up and down or freaking out! Life was totally crazy the week before last before we came to the States. And then 26 hours traveling to the States on a never-ending Monday, jet lag, doctor appointments (physicals and well-child check-ups), hair cuts, shopping, and trying to do some home school since we left Taiwan with 5 weeks of school left! My FE gifts aren't finished, I just bought my material to make a FE, still need to do iron-ons and DH left tonight for a meeting and will be back late on the 7th and we leave the 8th. Oh...and I have to report for jury duty on Monday -- maybe I won't get picked and then I won't have to stay up all night getting everything done!
At least we are with the grandparents! And we may have to jam-pack the couple weeks after the cruise with homeschooling! We have to get ready for a cruise -- no time for school! (just kidding -- totally not what I think!) And after the 11 hour flight, Keely announced she wasn't getting on another airplane for the cruise. Hopefully she will change her mind and I won't have to drag her on! Okay -- just needed to vent a little!

Happy Birthday to everyone and happy getting ready for the cruise!! I know everyone has a busy week, but soon we'll all be on vacation relaxing!!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #1175
PixieMom712
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats!!! Did you save all your clothes from the first???
I did! Even though I did not want another baby. I did NOT save the bigger things like his swing and bouncy chair thing but his toddler bed will convert back to a crib, and we have a high chair. It's actually the best thing about another boy - I don't have to go through all those bins of clothes before we move!

Quote:
Oh, one thing that is not mentioned in the Navigators that you might want to keep in mind...Cove Cafe has goodies throughout the day. You are not required to purchase a coffee drink or any beverage to enjoy the goodies. My favorites are the fudgy brownie things and the chocolate cups filled with cream (if I remember correctly they have a sliced strawberry on top).
I saw that somewhere on these boards and it's written big on my tips sheet. I heard a rumor of occasional chocolate covered strawberries too! My DH may be living in there anyway so he'll have to bring me treats regularly.

Quote:
Yeah for The Avengers!!

As for my FE's I have everything in one little bag that has been lovingly made by me. I kept things small since I'm packing them in my suitcase, but I think they're super cute! I hope everyone likes them.

I'm actually getting more nervous as the cruise is getting closer. I've decided to not look at the navigators because it just seems like one more thing to remember, and I'm spent on remembering things. Every day I walk by my fish extender and I say, "Remember that." walk by some clothes, "pack that." wake up at night, "PASSPORTS!"

My Birthday is tomorrow, I will be ...... 36 cough cough! Long story but I actually thought I was 36 for like 2 years. Finally when I was 38 and I told someone I was 36 Brian turned and looked at me like WTH??? and said you're 38! In which I replied... NO WAY!! It must be a good year for me, now I just stick with 36 for every birthday. Happy Birthday to all the Birthday people in our cruise family!

Congrats on finding out that you're having a boy!! I have 2 boys and Cole absolutely loves and looks up to his older brother. I fondly refer to my children as my heir, my princess and my spare.
I am sure we will all love your FE! I am excited about having DS help me deliver them. He saw the stash of lollipops yesterday and tried to take one but I told him they are presents for our Mickey Boat friends (I did get one for him too)

I have a list, but I am still afraid I will forget my FE. This weekend I am definitely going to start a laundry basket with all the 'stuff'. I won't forget clothes but I totally might forget stuff!

to you to too! I think 36 sounds like a great year . I just keep telling my mom to tell people she just turned 40, even though she would have been 9 when I was born.

QUOTE=iloverags2;44724554]Happy Birthday!!! Lots of May celebrating going on here! Too funny about your year(s) of being 36! You know, I often have to think for a few seconds when someone asks me how old I am. 4 years away from 50...ugh![/QUOTE]

And yet you are still three years younger than Brad Pitt! You just remember that.

Quote:
Wow, so many great things to celebrate! Our 10th anniversary is in a few weeks so we're celebrating that too. And don't forget Mother's Day!

Quote:
Ok so we have Palo on night 2... can someone please tell this newbie what I need to request??? I cant remember what all those letters stand for :D

I REALLY want to ship mine as well. Have any of you shipped your FEs?? Have they gotten there ok?? DO they just put them in your room or do I pick them up somewhere?

Congrats on the baby boy

Where is Kelly?????

Hi friends!!!! I leave in 1 week!!!!!! FE gifts are done and labeled... all ready to go. I have my kids clothes all pulled out and ready to be packed. I am running around like a crazy woman trying to keep things organized. It is coming together!
It depends on what menu you are OK with missing, mostly. Search here and the DCL site for menus. Mostly I would say you DON'T want Rotation #1 because I am pretty sure you get to see the Animator's Palette "show" the first night you are in that dining room. Remember that they don't guarantee your rotation either.

I was just wondering where Kelly is! And speaking of her, she shipped part of her FEs on her last trip (I know because I read her TR on another board) and had no troubles. They need to arrive by Monday the 7th. They bring them on with the crew mail so they might be later than your luggage, but will be delivered to your room. Click on the FAQ and scroll down for the address and stuff.

As for desserts, I totally plan on ordering lots of them! My DH and I will share. :D

Thank you for the congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sararoonie View Post
I want to quote and reply to so many things from the past couple weeks, but I'll just stop in for a quick moment and say I can't believe it's almost here!!
Though I'm not sure if I should be jumping up and down or freaking out! Life was totally crazy the week before last before we came to the States. And then 26 hours traveling to the States on a never-ending Monday, jet lag, doctor appointments (physicals and well-child check-ups), hair cuts, shopping, and trying to do some home school since we left Taiwan with 5 weeks of school left! My FE gifts aren't finished, I just bought my material to make a FE, still need to do iron-ons and DH left tonight for a meeting and will be back late on the 7th and we leave the 8th. Oh...and I have to report for jury duty on Monday -- maybe I won't get picked and then I won't have to stay up all night getting everything done!
At least we are with the grandparents! And we may have to jam-pack the couple weeks after the cruise with homeschooling! We have to get ready for a cruise -- no time for school! (just kidding -- totally not what I think!) And after the 11 hour flight, Keely announced she wasn't getting on another airplane for the cruise. Hopefully she will change her mind and I won't have to drag her on! Okay -- just needed to vent a little!

Happy Birthday to everyone and happy getting ready for the cruise!! I know everyone has a busy week, but soon we'll all be on vacation relaxing!!
Wow, see YOU are the busy one. That's crazy. I hope you don't get selected for jury duty for sure. And remember that your kids can always catch up some after the cruise if they need to. Try to enjoy this part of your vacation too and don't stress too much! A canvas tote bag totally works for an FE if you can't get yours made.

We are heading out to see if we can find a reasonably priced sport coat for my DH today! Outside of work he is very casual and doesn't have one that fits him. How silly is that? We also have to go pick up his French Press mug at REI (coffee snob anyone?) and we MIGHT look for a second bathing suit for me. More likely we will go out to eat and I will try to go suit hunting later in the week.

Tiffany, DH, DS-4, and DearBaby due Sept 22nd
PixieMom712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #1176
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's funny! I totally am like that too. Maybe my mind just blocks out how old I really am. Guess it's called denial. Anyway, happy early birthday!!!

Quote:
This is the exactly same for us. My b-day is 4/26 and our anniversary is 5/28. Happy birthday & anniversary to you too!

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

aseyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #1177
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Oh my! Y'all sure have a way of making a girl feel all warm-n-fuzzy inside! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I swear! Just soooo busy busy busy....

...Brian has needed my help with his school quite a bit this past week. He will for the next week, too. And, he may need to bring his laptop on the trip to do a little school each day. Before y'all go thinking I'm the meanest, my awfullest mama ever let me tell you what happened. But you can't let him know I told you! I generally don't go checkin-up on the boys' school stuff. In the past they told me what they needed me to do, I'd make a few clicks to look over things, and I trusted they were doing what they should when they should. Well, Brian has been fudgin' it for a loooong time. And me not being as familiar with how to spot these things with this curriculum (our first year using it) didn't catch it. Until last Monday. And we had a morning like this -->. So, all his fun is over for a bit. He had to turn over his iPad, iPhone, PS3 power cords, etc. I will give him credit, tho. He never fought the consequences. We've talked about it a lot. I think he's really learned from all this mess. Plus, since the big fall-out he's been working like a mad-man to catch everything up. I never would've thought he'd keep his nose to the ground and work THIS hard. Depending on how the next week goes, he *may* get to have a vacation free of school after all. Or maybe we'll have him bring the laptop thinking he'll be working an hour or two every day then let him have the good news once we're there.

Chandler went for another visit to the endo-doc Thursday. He said there doesn't seem to be any change in the size of the nodules. He wants to do another ultrasound in 3 months. To date, blood work indicates his thyroid is working fine. Still not sure how I feel about this doctor. I don't get the most solid vibe from him. We're going to be moving to Houston in the next few months anyway. I think after we get back from vacation we may go ahead and get him in with the Kelsey-Seybold folks and seek another opinion as well as establish him with a group in Houston.

I'm sewing my fingers off making my pirate skirt for Pirate Night. I have a cross-body bag I'm supposed to have finished and shipped before the end of next week for a Disney-fan-friend who's paying me to make it. And I wanted to make myself another bag, too.

Oh! Made my notebook for keeping notes (trip report purposes) last week. It turned out awesome! I'll try to get some quick pics. I made it from a beat up Little Golden Book version of Pixar's Up! It's so cool!

FE stuff is all done & packed. I'm shipping my box via USPS Priority on Tuesday. It should be to the port by the end of the week so I don't think there will be a problem with it making it on the ship. Yes, when you ship a box to yourself you'll receive it in your stateroom. Some say they didn't get it until later in the evening on embarkation day but when I shipped to the Dream it was in our stateroom waiting when we arrived.

Still trying to gather clothes for the various dinner dressings. Chandler needs dress shoes. Brian needs a white dress shirt to wear with his coat & tie. Kohls hasn't had any in weeks which totally chaps my behind. And I'm STILL shopping for me a dress for Palo that I'll be satisfied with. I've seen a few I liked but hate the thought of spending another $100 on a dress that I'll have to spend yet another $100 buying heels to wear with it.

OMG! Can't believe I'm forgetting this! Remember the old man is a huuuuge aviation buff???? And we're celebrating his big 4-0 on the cruise???? ((His b-day is actually 5/15...funny because that's the day he'll be going back to work!)) Well, we talked about Key West last weekend and he was saying how cool it'd be if we could do a sea plane tour like the ones I had seen when I was cruising the internet looking at KW stuff way back. Well, guess what we're doing in Key West?!?! Yep! Going on a 50-minute private sea plane tour! We're so jazzed! Gonna get some aerial pics of the ship, fly out to see some shipwrecks and wildlife from the air, then do some splash downs. None of us has ever been up in a sea plane/float plane. It's always been on my bucket list to take-off/land on the water. Hubby is so excited, too! I'm almost afraid I'm opening a major can o'worms here. He's been combing the internet for places in the Houston area to go back and finish his private pilot license. I keep tellin' him if he'd just sell that stinkin' boat of his.......

I've been reading the thread keeping up with everyone. I just haven't been taking the time to post. I know that's awful. I so hate to to post when I can't take the time to respond in a way that you all know I've been reading and thinking of you. Believe me, I'm thinking of you! And the cruise!

And, Tiffany, many congrats to y'all on your next little boy bundle o'joy! Both times I was pregnant we wanted a girl in the worst way. Now? I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. They love their mama so sweetly. Chandler was dress shopping with me last week (he has great taste). He judges dresses by how un-sexy or curvy I look. He says, "I do NOT like it when guys look at you. It makes me want to beat the crap out of random dudes and that's not a good thing." Awwwww....he's protective! And ask Brian who's my little "Boo". He's 14 and still wants to sneak some cuddle time whenever he can. Boys are weird as weird can be sometimes but it's awesome being the princess on 3 pedestals.

Okay. Enough yammering. Back to the sweat shop....er....sewing machine......
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #1178
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Working on cleaning my house and FE stuff. I got the bought stuff bagged up. I little spoiler there will be one bag per room from me and the hubby but stuff in it is for adults and children. I am going to try and finish what I am making to go with it. If it does not fit in the bag there might be a couple of lose items in everyone's fish extenders from me.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #1179
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

Yikes Sara you are busy!!!

Kelly Im glad you havent ditched us

Ok I am going to mail my FE gifts. I think they will add too much weight to our bags. I would rather pack more shoes :D
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #1180
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
More celebrating! Honestly our little group here could just have the ship a'rockin with celebrations!

Quote:

It will depend on which regular dining menu you won't mind missing. The first three nights are the regular menu's for each restaurant. In addition, Animator's Palate will be their show, so you really do not want to miss out on that with this being your first cruise. So, that leaves Parrot Cay and Lumiere's. That would be a tough choice for me, since I love PC's Caribbean inspired menu. Having said that, most folks would rather skip it (not sure why...I love it!). Lumiere's has a wonderful menu as well, with their French Onion Soup, Creme Brûlée, and really just an all-around great menu. If my hands were tied and I had to pick something to miss for the regular menu, I guess it would be PC since I would still get to enjoy the restaurant later in the cruise just with a different menu. If we are feeling up to it, we plan on hitting up our regular dining room after Palo for salad or appetizer and dessert. Anyway, after that long-winded response, if you decide to go with what I said, you will want to choose APLAP.

I hear you! Things are coming together and getting exciting!

Quote:
I hear you. I am tired of watching what I eat. I might be tempted to order two of some of the desserts. I have not had a good dessert in months.
Oh trust me, I will be ordering two desserts at least at Palo (must have Chocolate Amaretto Indulgence and might be in the mood for Panna Cotta as well). Most likely the better half will order Chocolate Souflee so I get to enjoy that as well! I've been known to order the dessert trio sampler in addition to a regular dessert. *oink* *oink* here! (Sad thing is I ordered three freaking desserts at Palo on a cruise in May 2009. Had the same server, whom I adore, in Nov 2011 there and he remembered my oinkiness and rattled off my entire meal, including the three desserts, for me before I could even open my mouth to order. How embarrassing!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sararoonie View Post

Wow, wow, wow! You are busy! I bet you can't wait to get on the ship so you can take a breath and relax!

Quote:
I saw that somewhere on these boards and it's written big on my tips sheet. I heard a rumor of occasional chocolate covered strawberries too! My DH may be living in there anyway so he'll have to bring me treats regularly.

I am sure we will all love your FE! I am excited about having DS help me deliver them. He saw the stash of lollipops yesterday and tried to take one but I told him they are presents for our Mickey Boat friends (I did get one for him too)

And yet you are still three years younger than Brad Pitt! You just remember that.
I like that idea! Send the hubs out to pick up treats!!!

How cute about DS finding the lollipops! You guys will have such a blast delivering your treats!

Well, if you put it that way, then my age doesn't sound so bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Oh my! Y'all sure have a way of making a girl feel all warm-n-fuzzy inside! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I swear! Just soooo busy busy busy....

...Brian has needed my help with his school quite a bit this past week. He will for the next week, too. And, he may need to bring his laptop on the trip to do a little school each day. Before y'all go thinking I'm the meanest, my awfullest mama ever let me tell you what happened. But you can't let him know I told you! I generally don't go checkin-up on the boys' school stuff. In the past they told me what they needed me to do, I'd make a few clicks to look over things, and I trusted they were doing what they should when they should. Well, Brian has been fudgin' it for a loooong time. And me not being as familiar with how to spot these things with this curriculum (our first year using it) didn't catch it. Until last Monday. And we had a morning like this -->. So, all his fun is over for a bit. He had to turn over his iPad, iPhone, PS3 power cords, etc. I will give him credit, tho. He never fought the consequences. We've talked about it a lot. I think he's really learned from all this mess. Plus, since the big fall-out he's been working like a mad-man to catch everything up. I never would've thought he'd keep his nose to the ground and work THIS hard. Depending on how the next week goes, he *may* get to have a vacation free of school after all. Or maybe we'll have him bring the laptop thinking he'll be working an hour or two every day then let him have the good news once we're there.

Chandler went for another visit to the endo-doc Thursday. He said there doesn't seem to be any change in the size of the nodules. He wants to do another ultrasound in 3 months. To date, blood work indicates his thyroid is working fine. Still not sure how I feel about this doctor. I don't get the most solid vibe from him. We're going to be moving to Houston in the next few months anyway. I think after we get back from vacation we may go ahead and get him in with the Kelsey-Seybold folks and seek another opinion as well as establish him with a group in Houston.

I'm sewing my fingers off making my pirate skirt for Pirate Night. I have a cross-body bag I'm supposed to have finished and shipped before the end of next week for a Disney-fan-friend who's paying me to make it. And I wanted to make myself another bag, too.

Oh! Made my notebook for keeping notes (trip report purposes) last week. It turned out awesome! I'll try to get some quick pics. I made it from a beat up Little Golden Book version of Pixar's Up! It's so cool!

FE stuff is all done & packed. I'm shipping my box via USPS Priority on Tuesday. It should be to the port by the end of the week so I don't think there will be a problem with it making it on the ship. Yes, when you ship a box to yourself you'll receive it in your stateroom. Some say they didn't get it until later in the evening on embarkation day but when I shipped to the Dream it was in our stateroom waiting when we arrived.

Still trying to gather clothes for the various dinner dressings. Chandler needs dress shoes. Brian needs a white dress shirt to wear with his coat & tie. Kohls hasn't had any in weeks which totally chaps my behind. And I'm STILL shopping for me a dress for Palo that I'll be satisfied with. I've seen a few I liked but hate the thought of spending another $100 on a dress that I'll have to spend yet another $100 buying heels to wear with it.

OMG! Can't believe I'm forgetting this! Remember the old man is a huuuuge aviation buff???? And we're celebrating his big 4-0 on the cruise???? ((His b-day is actually 5/15...funny because that's the day he'll be going back to work!)) Well, we talked about Key West last weekend and he was saying how cool it'd be if we could do a sea plane tour like the ones I had seen when I was cruising the internet looking at KW stuff way back. Well, guess what we're doing in Key West?!?! Yep! Going on a 50-minute private sea plane tour! We're so jazzed! Gonna get some aerial pics of the ship, fly out to see some shipwrecks and wildlife from the air, then do some splash downs. None of us has ever been up in a sea plane/float plane. It's always been on my bucket list to take-off/land on the water. Hubby is so excited, too! I'm almost afraid I'm opening a major can o'worms here. He's been combing the internet for places in the Houston area to go back and finish his private pilot license. I keep tellin' him if he'd just sell that stinkin' boat of his.......

I've been reading the thread keeping up with everyone. I just haven't been taking the time to post. I know that's awful. I so hate to to post when I can't take the time to respond in a way that you all know I've been reading and thinking of you. Believe me, I'm thinking of you! And the cruise!

And, Tiffany, many congrats to y'all on your next little boy bundle o'joy! Both times I was pregnant we wanted a girl in the worst way. Now? I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. They love their mama so sweetly. Chandler was dress shopping with me last week (he has great taste). He judges dresses by how un-sexy or curvy I look. He says, "I do NOT like it when guys look at you. It makes me want to beat the crap out of random dudes and that's not a good thing." Awwwww....he's protective! And ask Brian who's my little "Boo". He's 14 and still wants to sneak some cuddle time whenever he can. Boys are weird as weird can be sometimes but it's awesome being the princess on 3 pedestals.

Okay. Enough yammering. Back to the sweat shop....er....sewing machine......
Oh, I am so glad you checked in. Yeah, kids just don't realize how deep they get themselves into things until they are fully sinking. Thank goodness Brian is on the ball though with getting back up to speed. (You wanna have him share his secret with DH's daughter???)

Sounds like Chandler has been given good news so far. I agree though...get yourselves established with the new folks as soon as you can. And always listen to your gut. If you guys are not comfortable with the doc, for whatever reason, then find someone you will be comfortable with.

That is very cool about the seaplane excursion! Can't wait to see pics and hear deets!

Birthday Celebration on the Dream!

Last edited by iloverags2; 04-28-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: typo
iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #1181
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

Thanks Cindy for the dining help
Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #1182
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Both times I was pregnant we wanted a girl in the worst way. Now? I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. They love their mama so sweetly. Chandler was dress shopping with me last week (he has great taste). He judges dresses by how un-sexy or curvy I look. He says, "I do NOT like it when guys look at you. It makes me want to beat the crap out of random dudes and that's not a good thing." Awwwww....he's protective! And ask Brian who's my little "Boo". He's 14 and still wants to sneak some cuddle time whenever he can. Boys are weird as weird can be sometimes but it's awesome being the princess on 3 pedestals.
Love the dress sitch. I couldn't agree with you more about having a boy! It's great to have you back!

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

aseyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #1183
magicbegins
Earning My Ears

Hi my dear fellow cruisers!!!

Congrats to all of you celebrating anniversaries and birthdays!!!

We've just started my DH's 40 birthday trip!! His birthday is on 5/6 we'll be in Magic Kingdom!!!

We are in USA!!! We arrived yesterday, after a nine hour flight Naples received us with a rainy day... I hope it gets better tomorrow!

I'm soooo excited!!!!!

Hope to meet you soon!

Luz

WDW September 2010 at Port Orleans Resort Riverside
WDW April 2012
Magic Cruise May 2012
Fantasy Cruise September 2013
magicbegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #1184
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

Dining Rotation #2 request DONE!

Can someone confirm that this is where I mail my FE gifts...

Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
8633 Transport Dr
Orlando FL 32832

Do I just put our name and room # on the box?? The lady I talked to didnt seem too sure about all of this. Wanted to ask the pros ... you guys
Old 04-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #1185
PixieMom712
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I have a binder/notebook thing for the trip but it's not nearly as creative as yours sounds - I would love pics!
I was homeschooled and always diligent but my cousin did something similar at one point and it was a lot of work to get caught back up. I'm glad that you noticed and proud of the way he's handling it. Sounds like a good learning experience!
I am so happy that Chandler continues to get good news, but I agree with Cindy that moms have to trust their instincts. It won't hurt anything to get a second opinion, and that way like you said you will have support when you arrive in Houston.
I thought you were wearing the pink number to Palo? Or maybe that was just to formal night and I'm the only one planning the same dress for both events XD. I hear you on shopping - we FINALLY got DH a sport coat this weekend. He looks so nice in it!
The sea plane thing sounds awesome. My FIL has (part of) a small plane and last year we flew to St Pete which was fun. Not quite as cool though!
And lastly, thank you for your encouraging words. I admit that I have struggled a lot with the idea that we'll never have a daughter. No princess dresses, no shopping for prom and wedding planning, no Barbies and girly stuff. Your words made me cry (again) and are a great encouragement. Thank you!

Quote:
Working on cleaning my house and FE stuff. I got the bought stuff bagged up. I little spoiler there will be one bag per room from me and the hubby but stuff in it is for adults and children. I am going to try and finish what I am making to go with it. If it does not fit in the bag there might be a couple of lose items in everyone's fish extenders from me.
Sounds good! Almost done!

Quote:
Yikes Sara you are busy!!!

Kelly Im glad you havent ditched us

Ok I am going to mail my FE gifts. I think they will add too much weight to our bags. I would rather pack more shoes :D
If none of the shipped bags show up, we can all go for a coffee /drink together and call it a day! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbegins View Post
Hi my dear fellow cruisers!!!

Congrats to all of you celebrating anniversaries and birthdays!!!

We've just started my DH's 40 birthday trip!! His birthday is on 5/6 we'll be in Magic Kingdom!!!

We are in USA!!! We arrived yesterday, after a nine hour flight Naples received us with a rainy day... I hope it gets better tomorrow!

I'm soooo excited!!!!!

Hope to meet you soon!

Luz
Happy birthday to your DH and keep traveling safely!

Cindy - Somehow I didn't manage to quote you. Thanks for all of your continued cruise expertise!

Tiffany, DH, DS-4, and DearBaby due Sept 22nd
PixieMom712 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: