Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #1021
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I have been looking for that info thanks! We have 2 Pool/garden View studios booked with points. I asked for dedicated studios and they said it was not a "category", lady at ms was hesitant to even put it as a request, not sure why? so I guess I will request it in my online check in!
Dedicated studio is not a request. Many years ago, they were when they were called the Studio Plus. The Studio Plus had a small "daybed" in the location where the door would connect to the adjacent one bedroom villa. The "daybed" was about crib sized, like a Deacon's bench with a thin mattress on it. Our son was about five or six the one time we stayed at BWV and got the Studio Plus and he hated that thing. Now, you can no longer request it because it is not a booking category. Too many people wanted to book that room to squeeze five people into the studio and Disney got smart.

At BWV you can only request Standard view, Preferred - BW view or Preferred/Garden/Water view.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1022
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I think there is a lot of speculation and assumptions based on personal experience about online checkin. If you want the official word from Disney on what it is and why to use it - here it is:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq...otel-check-in/

These are the two items that I specifically noted:

What are the benefits of Online Check-In Service?

Guests who participate in Online Check-In Service may spend reduced time checking in upon arrival at the Disney Resort hotel, and Cast Members can focus on providing helpful information and answering your questions.

Are Guests' rooms assigned as a part of Online Check-In Service?

No, this service does not provide room selection or assignment. Please note, if you requested a Disability Accessible Room at the time of booking, then a specific room will be assigned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Good, helpful, information.
My advice in the particular situation above was based on:
1. My feeling that a honeymoon is a particularly special life event
2. The last two times I've check in at WDW, the online "line" was longer, slower, and had fewer CM's.
Of course, there are two options, and each guest should do what works best for them. Cheers!
Thank you both for the great advice! We have chosen to check in when we arrive and not do online check in. I don't mind a little extra waiting time, especially since I will be at the happiest place on earth.

I am packing today! Please someone send the packing angel to get me through this!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #1023
stefani_
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani_ View Post
I'm trying to choose between BC/YC/BWI for a short, possibly split stay between resorts. What is/are everyone's favorite thing(s) about BWI, in general and also compared to BC/YC?

Also, out of curiosity, is there any construction going on here? I know there is at GF, which is why I am sad to say we won't be able to stay there for our first Deluxe resort visit
Not sure if anyone saw this, but there was no response from anyone so I just thought I'd quote this to make sure anyone that has an opinion for me can let me know! Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #1024
gojoe
DIS Veteran

No construction to my knowledge.
Too many reason to list why we love Boardwalk. It has it all and more. Start at the first post and you will see.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #1025
stefani_
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
No construction to my knowledge.
Too many reason to list why we love Boardwalk. It has it all and more. Start at the first post and you will see.
I've been through the entire first page several times, but OK point taken
Old 04-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #1026
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Dedicated studio is not a request. Many years ago, they were when they were called the Studio Plus. The Studio Plus had a small "daybed" in the location where the door would connect to the adjacent one bedroom villa. The "daybed" was about crib sized, like a Deacon's bench with a thin mattress on it. Our son was about five or six the one time we stayed at BWV and got the Studio Plus and he hated that thing. Now, you can no longer request it because it is not a booking category. Too many people wanted to book that room to squeeze five people into the studio and Disney got smart.

At BWV you can only request Standard view, Preferred - BW view or Preferred/Garden/Water view.
Aha, that's why. It's a little different at BWV, our home is AKV, and we can usually request a dedicated even though it's not a category so that's why I was confused. Thanks!

Looking forward to our 3rd trip back to the the Boardwalk, this will be a special trip! Every time has been a milestone event for us so I am pretty excited!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #1027
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure if anyone saw this, but there was no response from anyone so I just thought I'd quote this to make sure anyone that has an opinion for me can let me know! Thanks
Here's my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth. I wouldn't do a split stay for a short trip and I DEFINITELY wouldn't do a split stay between two resorts in the same area. I can understand doing a split between and Epcot-area resort and an MK-area resort to take advantage of the two locations. But moving from one resort to another in the same location really doesn't appeal to me.

You're on the BW thread so pretty much everyone will say they'll pick BW over BC. But it depends on what you like in your resorts.

BC clearly has a draw with Stormalong bay, but I've read from plenty of people that they like the BW pool better because of the slide.

BC has a CS location for breakfast in Marketplace, BW has the bakery and Boardwalk Joes (which both only have limited options for breakfast).

BC is smaller, BW has more to do at night.

It's really a matter of personal preference as to which one to pick.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #1028
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

I have stayed at BWI and YC and will stay BC this summer. All trips are club level so this could taint my view on things.

I prefer YC. I like the local better, little quieter, better pool, better hotel layout....BWI is very pretty and club level is very nice. However I really like YC better. Room decor I feel is better at YC....
DP
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #1029
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I'm trying to choose between BC/YC/BWI for a short, possibly split stay between resorts. What is/are everyone's favorite thing(s) about BWI, in general and also compared to BC/YC?

Also, out of curiosity, is there any construction going on here? I know there is at GF, which is why I am sad to say we won't be able to stay there for our first Deluxe resort visit
So sorry for over-looking you, stefani_

A PP already mentioned that there isn't any construction going on currently at BWI or BWV.

I've never stayed at BC, so I can't compare BWI with it, but I have tried YC/CL and stayed at BWI/CL less than a month ago. While we love staying CL, we did not like BWI and YC CLs. IMHO, they just can't compare with our favorite CL at the WL. I've already posted a BWI/CL review and as far as the Regatta Club, we think it's too small. But, we did like the resorts and would probably stay at YC and BWI again, but just not CL.

~We prefer the health club at BWI over BC/YC because BWI's health club doesn't share with another resort. Ship Shape shares with two resorts, but is the same size as health clubs that are only used by one resort.

~We prefer the theming of YC. Just a personal preference, but we prefer the nautical feel of YC over the flowery feel of BWI.

~I prefer YC's gift shop. It has a very classy, large selection of Polo and Disney branded merchandise.

~DD13 prefers the pool selection at BWI. There are 3 pools for one resort and the quiet pool is never crowded. SAB shares with two resorts and is often very crowded, which DD didn't like and it can be difficult to keep track of children who venture off to different parts of SAB, unless you follow them everywhere.

~BW View rooms at BWI can be very noisy in the evenings when the buskers are performing. They play music which is very loud, although this is only Thu. - Sun. and only for a few hours. The boat horns are also very loud and during PM EMH they can be heard until around 0100. If you're noise sensitive, don't book a BWV room at BWI.

~Pool View rooms at the YC can be very noisy in the afternoons during the pool party. There is music and a PA system that is loud in the afternoons.

~There is a quick serve at BC/YC, but there is none inside BWI.

~The STD CL rooms at the YC are on the top floor (5th), but at BWI they are not on the top floor, they are on the 4th floor. We personally prefer being on the top floor so that there isn't anyone above us.

~CL at YC is on a keyed access floor, which we prefer, but at BWI, only half of the 4th floor rooms are CL. The lounge and all but 3 STD CL rooms are accessed through a door on the 4th floor, rather than by elevator.

~BWI is across the street from a Hess which some find very convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I have been looking for that info thanks!
You're welcome, pixie08.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #1030
jujube
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We got back last night and tthere is not construction at BW.
The BC has had ongoing construction at SAB. I'm not sure when that is supposed to be finished.
I do know a guy staying at the YC was complaining about construction there.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #1031
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
Thank you both for the great advice! We have chosen to check in when we arrive and not do online check in. I don't mind a little extra waiting time, especially since I will be at the happiest place on earth.

I am packing today! Please someone send the packing angel to get me through this!
Happy packing!

Best wishes for a beautiful wedding and a lovely honeymoon!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #1032
stefani_
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Here's my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth. I wouldn't do a split stay for a short trip and I DEFINITELY wouldn't do a split stay between two resorts in the same area. I can understand doing a split between and Epcot-area resort and an MK-area resort to take advantage of the two locations. But moving from one resort to another in the same location really doesn't appeal to me.

You're on the BW thread so pretty much everyone will say they'll pick BW over BC. But it depends on what you like in your resorts.

BC clearly has a draw with Stormalong bay, but I've read from plenty of people that they like the BW pool better because of the slide.

BC has a CS location for breakfast in Marketplace, BW has the bakery and Boardwalk Joes (which both only have limited options for breakfast).

BC is smaller, BW has more to do at night.

It's really a matter of personal preference as to which one to pick.
Thanks for your input! I hadn't noticed that BW didn't have a CS location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
I have stayed at BWI and YC and will stay BC this summer. All trips are club level so this could taint my view on things.

I prefer YC. I like the local better, little quieter, better pool, better hotel layout....BWI is very pretty and club level is very nice. However I really like YC better. Room decor I feel is better at YC....
Thank you, I appreciate your take on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
So sorry for over-looking you, stefani_

A PP already mentioned that there isn't any construction going on currently at BWI or BWV.

I've never stayed at BC, so I can't compare BWI with it, but I have tried YC/CL and stayed at BWI/CL less than a month ago. While we love staying CL, we did not like BWI and YC CLs. IMHO, they just can't compare with our favorite CL at the WL. I've already posted a BWI/CL review and as far as the Regatta Club, we think it's too small. But, we did like the resorts and would probably stay at YC and BWI again, but just not CL.

~We prefer the health club at BWI over BC/YC because BWI's health club doesn't share with another resort. Ship Shape shares with two resorts, but is the same size as health clubs that are only used by one resort.

~We prefer the theming of YC. Just a personal preference, but we prefer the nautical feel of YC over the flowery feel of BWI.

~I prefer YC's gift shop. It has a very classy, large selection of Polo and Disney branded merchandise.

~DD13 prefers the pool selection at BWI. There are 3 pools for one resort and the quiet pool is never crowded. SAB shares with two resorts and is often very crowded, which DD didn't like and it can be difficult to keep track of children who venture off to different parts of SAB, unless you follow them everywhere.

~BW View rooms at BWI can be very noisy in the evenings when the buskers are performing. They play music which is very loud, although this is only Thu. - Sun. and only for a few hours. The boat horns are also very loud and during PM EMH they can be heard until around 0100. If you're noise sensitive, don't book a BWV room at BWI.

~Pool View rooms at the YC can be very noisy in the afternoons during the pool party. There is music and a PA system that is loud in the afternoons.

~There is a quick serve at BC/YC, but there is none inside BWI.

~The STD CL rooms at the YC are on the top floor (5th), but at BWI they are not on the top floor, they are on the 4th floor. We personally prefer being on the top floor so that there isn't anyone above us.

~CL at YC is on a keyed access floor, which we prefer, but at BWI, only half of the 4th floor rooms are CL. The lounge and all but 3 STD CL rooms are accessed through a door on the 4th floor, rather than by elevator.

~BWI is across the street from a Hess which some find very convenient.
That's okay! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound snooty by re-quoting myself

Thanks for all the insight, that was all very helpful and I will definitely take into consideration all those details you mentioned!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #1033
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

We stayed club level a few years ago and they served rolled up PBJs. Does anyone know if they still have these?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #1034
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
There are 97 dedicated studios:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/boardwalk-villas

15 are Standard View with 14 being a view of the driveway and 1 being a view of the tennis court according to this:

http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread....w-Availability
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #1035
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
We stayed club level a few years ago and they served rolled up PBJs. Does anyone know if they still have these?
Yes they do At least at the BWI Club level
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: