Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
ilovezach33
Earning My Ears

Question Honeymooning at Disney World?

I'm starting to casually plan my honeymoon to Disney World. It will be early June of next year, and we'll be going for seven days.

We will both be 19, and it will be our first time to Disney World!

Do you have any recommendations?
Where to stay? I'm looking for something that won't be too noisy. Also, not a value resort. A moderate resort seems like the more sensible choice, because of the price, but after looking at the deluxe resorts I've fallen in love with a few of them, such as the Contemporary and the Wilderness Lodge.
Also, location is key. I don't want to spend hours on a bus ride to a certain park.
And, do most of the resorts have comfortable beds? Looking at some of the pictures, it seems like a few of them have really uncomfortable beds.

Dining Plan? Should we get the deluxe or the basic? I know that we won't want to waste time doing a table-service except for dinner, but I'm also looking forward to a few of the signature diners which take 2 table-service credits. But the basic is hundreds of dollars cheaper.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just looking for all the advice and tips I can get.
ilovezach33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
emma212010
DIS Veteran

First of all, congratulations! Second of all, I'm going to have my honeymoon in WDW someday! Third of all, well here we go

If you want to splurge on a delux (or you manage to get a great deal), I honestly am in love with the Dolphin! It is so peaceful (Swan is more quiet because it is smaller) and it is sophisticated and beautiful. The Boardwalk is right there as well as a short boat ride over to Hollywood Studios and Epcot! Oh and those beds are HEAVENLY!

Another one of my faves (also a deluxe) is the Polynesian. I think the grounds are the prettiest on property! BUT it is very expensive!!!! It's a Magic Kingdom resort, so there's a boat available for the MK as well as a monorail to MK and Epcot which is always lovely and convenient.

I've never stayed at the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge, so I can't say anything about them.

My favorite moderate resort is Port Orleans French Quarter just because it was my first I ever stayed in a looooong time ago! But it is very pretty and we are actually going back in June to stay there again! The resort itself can be loud at times, especially in the food court, but the rooms are usually pretty quiet- my experience anyway! The downside is that you have to take busses to the parks, although there is a boat to Downtown Disney which is nice.

As far as dining goes, it is really up to you and your eating style! If you prefer many signature dining experiences then definitely do that one. However, the basic is also convenient and can easily be manipulated to pay for a signature restaurant by eating quick service or out of pocket that day.

I hope this helped a little!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
ilovezach33
Earning My Ears

Ah, I didn't think about paying out of pocket one day to save a table-service.
That would be pretty smart!

And the French Quarter is the one we had decided on, until I started looking at the deluxe (and way more expensive!) resorts. So I'm glad you said that was your favorite, cause it reassured me a little bit on leaving that as an option.

I really wish the Dolphin and Swan had the dining plan option. They seem like great hotels.

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it.
ilovezach33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Congratulations! First time I went to Disney was my honeymoon too, and I also was 19. But, that was a very long time ago, when the only 2 Disney resorts were the Poly & the Contemp. We couldn't afford either. We stayed at what would now be considered a DTD area hotel.
We've stayed at the POR for a moderate. For deluxe we have stayed at the Contemporary (wing) and the Contemporary (tower),and more recently the Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary resort = Also, we've stayed at the Polynesian and Boardwalk. We've stayed a Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West which are dvc properties. There are ways of "renting" points you could look into that more if you decided you would be interested in going to one of the dvc resorts.
I'm sure you will get many opinions on here. We've always had children with us when staying on property, so the romance hasn't really been something we've been aiming for. I was disappointed in the Poly, but that is just my opinion. If I were young again and going for my honeymoon, I think I would pick the Boardwalk. If you truly want quiet for your first priority, I would suggest teh Poly, OKW, or SSR. I find those all to be quiet.
You may want to look into AP's. If you weigh the advantages and savings you get with the AP, and IF you are staying several days, it may very well be worth it. There are dining discounts, eligible for Tables in Wonderland, often substantial room discounts. You may find that is a better way to go than some of the "deals" disney offers.

So, I'm sure others will offer excellent advice. Good Luck!! and again Congratulations!!!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dining plan, first time, honeymoon, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: