Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #811
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I agree. I just read that someone said a "CM" told someone that free dining for Oct -Dec is supposed to be released in a couple of weeks...that seems really early to me though
I saw that too. I'll believe it when I see it, but that's just sort of my approach to everything. I guess the Sept FD deal will expire at that time, and I'll cross my fingers that it's 1st quarter FD that shows up next. But I also remember the same hopes last year. I had been about 50/50 on whether I thought they'd do FD with the FLE opening. But they are so non-committal on their dates for opening the new stuff, I can see them needing to offer something just to get some reservations on the books.

I did ask Timmy what he remembered from the experience middle school exams as I consider taking Katie out so close to the end of the semester. He rolled his eyes and told me to do it. I do recall everyone trying to scare the kids about 6th grade, but it not being that big a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
I was just catching Julia up on your pictures from MVMCP (she LOVED them) and we compared them to the Princes and Princesses pictures that we got that night. We went during Wishes and didn't see the same one's you did. Sleeping Beauties Prince looked like he was about 12 yrs old and they were kind of... you know unexciting. Our Snow White and Prince and Rapunzel and Flynn were amazing. Julia had so much fun with them. I have no idea how to post pictures on here but if I can figure it out I'll put them up.
Wow! Maybe they swapped out while the others took breaks. Did you have the same Flynn? Maybe we were way luckier than we even thought! In retrospect, I can't believe how lucky we were to find the right one. I smile every time I think about it. It's fun to be in the role of helping sprinkle pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Congrats to Timmy! Michelle did Girls state and had a blast.
Thanks Vanessa! I'm excited for Timmy to have this experience. And I'm glad Michelle did. Did she take pictures so you could scrapbook it? I'm expecting absolutely nothing back from Timmy. Probably not many stories either. He is a man of few words!

I did just read today that he needs to bring a suit or a coat and tie. I guess we better get shopping.

What year is Michelle in college this year?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #812
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

I'm caught up with the TR but behind on commenting.

All I'm gonna say is to the ONE room that night.

We had a date with Jack Sparrow and wasted SO.MUCH.TIME. in the princess line.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #813
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post

I'm caught up with the TR but behind on commenting.

All I'm gonna say is to the ONE room that night.

We had a date with Jack Sparrow and wasted SO.MUCH.TIME. in the princess line.
Yeah. Sort of irritating that it wasn't sold out, was indeed seen as a "low-ish" attandance night (although it certainly didn't feel like it) but that the line was insanely slow because they went with one room........

I'm hoping to catch back up on your TR tomorrow. I keep getting pulled away. Between Timmy's tennis, and Katie being sick most of the week..... it's been even crazy by our standards. I went ahead and brought Katie is for a throat culture this morning, but it was negative, so I guess we're just waiting out a virus.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #814
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

No bueno, senora...

There is a cold bug going around and it's just starting. And luckily it's not another round of strep. My 5th grade teacher has it and has been miserable the past two days.

Hopefully Katie gets through it quick.

How IS Timmy's tennis going???
Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #815
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
I know a couple of gals who would love to see you then.
I'm one of those Gals! Jen, we need a good bribe.....I mean treat!

Quote:
I am really party stupid. I may be asking lots of questions.
So my plan is to enter the MNSSHP at 4 with our ticket. Do they give me a bracelet then?
We got our MNSSHP band right before entering MK, they had a station set up right before the tunnel to go in. We entered at 4.

Quote:
I agree. I just read that someone said a "CM" told someone that free dining for Oct -Dec is supposed to be released in a couple of weeks...that seems really early to me though
Would that be great! I won't get my hopes up thought. I do hope Be our Guest opens soon for ADR's though!

Yay for Timmy! A lot of hard work must have gone into that, congrats!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #816
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
No bueno, senora...

There is a cold bug going around and it's just starting. And luckily it's not another round of strep. My 5th grade teacher has it and has been miserable the past two days.

Hopefully Katie gets through it quick.

How IS Timmy's tennis going???
Thanks Jenn. I sure hope Katie is on the down side of THIS bug. And that somehow miraculously everyone else can escape it. I was really thinking strep since the whole thing started with vomiting last Sunday night. But apparently not. That happened once and she was over that part pretty quickly, but then the respiratory stuff sarted. Now she's coughing like crazy.

It has been a lot of fun to watch Timmy develop over the tennis season. He doesn't win a LOT of matches, but has won a few and I think that's enough to encourage him. He really seems to be having a lot of fun and making lots of new friends. I really thought he'd miss that if he wasn't part of a team. He already told me he plans to play his senior year.

I'm still plodding along with photographing tennis. I'm wishing I had a different lens. I've been using my 50-150, but sometimes that 50 is too long depending on where he's at. When I get a moment I'll post a few more shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm one of those Gals! Jen, we need a good bribe.....I mean treat!

Hey....... I can be bought! Especially if there's a Mickey bar involved! LOL! Maybe not after yesterday's timeline announcement though. I still think your odds of the new stuff being open are very high. But it's something I want to be able to count on.

We got our MNSSHP band right before entering MK, they had a station set up right before the tunnel to go in. We entered at 4.

Would that be great! I won't get my hopes up thought. I do hope Be our Guest opens soon for ADR's though!

You'll know it HERE! I keep pretty plugged into the other boards here so I can find out as quickly as possible. I'll be posting here while I'm on hold for ADR's I bet!

Yay for Timmy! A lot of hard work must have gone into that, congrats!

Thanks Carey! The best part was watching his reaction when I told him the news!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #817
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

Amazing photographic skills and needlework, as usual.

What is your favorite technique for attaching flippable photos (with journaling on the back) on your scrapbook pages? Do you use a photo pocket?

Looking forward to the next installment!

Sharla
Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #818
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
Amazing photographic skills and needlework, as usual.

What is your favorite technique for attaching flippable photos (with journaling on the back) on your scrapbook pages? Do you use a photo pocket?

Looking forward to the next installment!

Sharla
Many thanks Sharla!

I used to attach my flip up pages with cute metal hinges. But now I mostly just use a narrow piece of textured cardstock scored down the middle and covered by the journling printout.

I have used photo pockets, but not on any of these pages.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #819
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I still think that Be Our Guest will open in Oct...I just have a feeling.
Quote:
I just read that someone said a "CM" told someone that free dining for Oct -Dec is supposed to be released in a couple of weeks...that seems really early to me though
First off, congrats to your son! That is wonderful news. I know you are so proud of him.

I sure hope those FD rumors are true but I think that would be the earliest that it has ever been released. I'm not so sure about that one. I hope I hear about it before it happens though!

Also, I want to know about the Be Our Guest opening. I would LOVE to get an ADR there. I bet they are going to go in a matter of minutes! Please do post if you ladies hear anything definite.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #820
nannye
DIS Veteran

Question for you, I remember you and katie went to the perfectly princess tea party. I am thinking about buying one of their dolls for V and a cinderella outfit for it. My other option is getting an American Girl Doll and then getting a cinderella outfit made for it. V has 2 baby dolls, but she does not have a "big girl" doll if you know what I mean. Just wondering what you think of the quality of the Princess Tea Party doll versus an American Girl Doll - Trying to decide what the better choice is.

Thanks for the advice!
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #821
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Hey....... I can be bought! Especially if there's a Mickey bar involved! LOL! Maybe not after yesterday's timeline announcement though. I still think your odds of the new stuff being open are very high. But it's something I want to be able to count on.
I'm not above a good bribe!

I am hoping for at least a soft opening of FantasyLand. I think our trip is close enough for that at least.

Quote:
You'll know it HERE! I keep pretty plugged into the other boards here so I can find out as quickly as possible. I'll be posting here while I'm on hold for ADR's I bet!
I expect a phone call, text, email and carrier pigeon as soon as you know anything!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 04-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #822
joy13
DIS Veteran

Phew - I just got caught up from very early one via your chapter links! Sounds like I missed some scrapbooking pictures though, so I'll have to scroll through. Reading several of your trip reports are such an inspiration for going with just Maddie. I've got it in my head that we will go again in November I want to stay in the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA if we do go. Are you thinking of that too - think of all the new photography possibilities!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #823
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
First off, congrats to your son! That is wonderful news. I know you are so proud of him.

Thanks Rinky! We sure are proud. He's really stepping out of his comfort zone attending this, but he knows it's important, so he's all in. I think it will also give him a good taste of what it will be like living in a dorm in college.

I sure hope those FD rumors are true but I think that would be the earliest that it has ever been released. I'm not so sure about that one. I hope I hear about it before it happens though!

I'm wondering if maybe because of the economy and lack of a date certain or the FLE opening, maybe bookings are down and they want to get some more cash coming in the door. So I'm starting to get optimistic about all of it again. I do wonder though if they'll be conservative on the dates and leave December out because that's more certin to have FLE open. I sure hope not though since I'm not pretty convinced we have to go in December.

Also, I want to know about the Be Our Guest opening. I would LOVE to get an ADR there. I bet they are going to go in a matter of minutes! Please do post if you ladies hear anything definite.

As I said, I'll be posting as I'm on hold, I doubt they'll be online right away. Better program Disney dining into my speed dial. Dang. I don't know how to do that. Better have the 11 year old do that for me........:rotfl2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Question for you, I remember you and katie went to the perfectly princess tea party. I am thinking about buying one of their dolls for V and a cinderella outfit for it. My other option is getting an American Girl Doll and then getting a cinderella outfit made for it. V has 2 baby dolls, but she does not have a "big girl" doll if you know what I mean. Just wondering what you think of the quality of the Princess Tea Party doll versus an American Girl Doll - Trying to decide what the better choice is.

Thanks for the advice!
Erin
Hey Erin! I'm SO sorry! You PM'd me and I totally spaced on replying.

The AG dolls are a nicer quality. The problem of course is trying to put a value on that additional quality. I think it's mostly the hair. Even older girls playing with a doll will mess up their hair. The AG dolls stand up to that pretty well and takes a lot of styling without looking much worse for the wear.

Really, I think she'd be happy with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm not above a good bribe!

I am hoping for at least a soft opening of FantasyLand. I think our trip is close enough for that at least.

I think your odds are really good of catching that stuff in soft opening. I just feel like I want to be certain it will all be open when we go. SOME of us don't already have a trip planed for 2013. *cough* *cough*

I expect a phone call, text, email and carrier pigeon as soon as you know anything!

How about E) All of the above? I'll alert the media when I hear something! I'm counting on you guys to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Phew - I just got caught up from very early one via your chapter links! Sounds like I missed some scrapbooking pictures though, so I'll have to scroll through. Reading several of your trip reports are such an inspiration for going with just Maddie. I've got it in my head that we will go again in November I want to stay in the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA if we do go. Are you thinking of that too - think of all the new photography possibilities!
Yeah! I'm so glad you're all caught up and on board!

2 days ago I would have said the odds were really good we'd switch to AoA if it's included in FD. But after looking at the map of the resort, I'm not sure any more. I REALLY like to get a room at the Pop really close to the food court, pool and bus stops. The standard rooms at AoA are a ways back in the layout. Right now I let Katie run up to the food court for a few minutes and come right back. I'm not sure I'm ready to do that if we're that far away.

Besides....... I'm lazy. We go, go, go in the parks, sometimes from open to close. But when that day is over.........man, every step counts.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #824
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:

2 days ago I would have said the odds were really good we'd switch to AoA if it's included in FD. But after looking at the map of the resort, I'm not sure any more. I REALLY like to get a room at the Pop really close to the food court, pool and bus stops. The standard rooms at AoA are a ways back in the layout. Right now I let Katie run up to the food court for a few minutes and come right back. I'm not sure I'm ready to do that if we're that far away.

Besides....... I'm lazy. We go, go, go in the parks, sometimes from open to close. But when that day is over.........man, every step counts.
It is so funny that you said this. I had been considering staying at AoA also. I just looked at the map though and thought the exact same thing as you. I don't want to be way at the back of the resort either. You are so right... at the end of the day, every step counts. I love that you can pay for a standard room at Pop and still be right next to the food court in the 60's building.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #825
nannye
DIS Veteran

Oh that's okay! no worries. Someone also suggested My generation dolls as a cheaper alternative available at Target (Nothing is ever available in Canada!) So I'm stuck.... I'm also stuck on thinking I may look for a doll that looks more like V as opposed to a cindy doll look alike and then it will really be her doll no matter what. Decisions Decisions. AG Dolls aren't as Big here in Canada as they are in the US and the whole idea could end up being a big fat flop! Sigh... I wish I wasn't such an indecisive person who has to look into all possibilities instead of just picking one. Thanks for the advice!!!!! I am leaning more and more towards AG Doll

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: