Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #751
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsorc View Post
Can you book the Chef's Table for one?
The chef's table is booked for whatever the size of your party, be it one or ten.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #752
jenneth79
DIS Veteran
 
jenneth79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd78 View Post
Really hoping to book the Chefs Table for our wedding anniversary in November. Can you book the Chefs Table 180 days plus 10 if you are staying on property, or is it just 180 days? Also, is there a special number to call.

We've never been to V&A's before. Can't wait to try it.
Also, is it possible you are staying Club Level? The IPO can make your V&A reservation for you... and I'd highly recommend for you to go that route if you can. I have always gotten everything I've requested through IPO, for all dining locations, typically within 10 minutes of my requested time.
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #753
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,745

Dress code question

DH does not get dressed up for meals (he makes sure to take off a hat though!). He has a suit he wears to funerals and weddings. Would that suit be appropriate for V&A? If at all, he prefers not to wear a tie but he also hates to underdress (or overdress). He wants to blend in. So would he blend in more wearing a tie or not wearing a tie?

And ladies - it says you can't wear sandals??? Do they expect you to wear pantyhose with closed toed shoes then? Or what shoes have you worn? Thanks!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #754
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,418

A coat is required for men but a tie is not. We ate there earlier this month and I'd estimate 2/3rds of the men were wearing a tie. I did not and didn't feel at all uncomfortable about it.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #755
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
A coat is required for men but a tie is not. We ate there earlier this month and I'd estimate 2/3rds of the men were wearing a tie. I did not and didn't feel at all uncomfortable about it.
Well, a tie isn't that much to pack so we'll have him bring it. He can decide if he wants to wear it. Thank you!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #756
netsorc
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 8

For those who have eaten at V&A, can you give any etiquette tips? I'm pretty good when it comes to not making a fool of myself when eating at a nicer restaurants, but when I sit down, am I going to be faced with a choice of six forks, five spoons, and seven knives? Do the servers only have what utensils you need for each course? Any insight is appreciated!
netsorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #757
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner
 
DrGaellon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yonkers NY
Posts: 333

If you are presented with multiple iterations of tableware, the rule of thumb is very simple - the outermost pieces are for your first course, and you work your way inward.
__________________
GayDays visits: 2002 (CBR), 2006 (Regal Sun), 2007 (Regal Sun), 2008 (WGL), 2009 (WGL), 2010 (WGL), 2011 (WGTC)
Other WDW visits: Jul 1983 (motel), Dec 2006 (motel), Dec 2008 (WGL), Jan 2010 (WGL), Oct 2012 (WGTC), Mar 2013 (WGTC), Dec 2013 (WGTC), Dec 2014 (WGTC)
DrGaellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #758
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsorc View Post
For those who have eaten at V&A, can you give any etiquette tips? I'm pretty good when it comes to not making a fool of myself when eating at a nicer restaurants, but when I sit down, am I going to be faced with a choice of six forks, five spoons, and seven knives? Do the servers only have what utensils you need for each course? Any insight is appreciated!
You will only be presented with the utensils needed for each course. You'll be fine!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #759
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

Prior to each course being served, each person will receive the proper utensils for that course, and they will be cleared away at the end of the course.

I remember the first time I went to V&A, for the soup course Judy ordered the consomme and I ordered a cream soup. Judy's was served in a two-handle consomme cup with a round spoon and I was served in a bowl with the flattened edges with an oval spoon. Both the bowls and the utensils were "correct" for what was served.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #760
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place
 
LilyWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indy
Posts: 9,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Prior to each course being served, each person will receive the proper utensils for that course, and they will be cleared away at the end of the course.

I remember the first time I went to V&A, for the soup course Judy ordered the consomme and I ordered a cream soup. Judy's was served in a two-handle consomme cup with a round spoon and I was served in a bowl with the flattened edges with an oval spoon. Both the bowls and the utensils were "correct" for what was served.
I am so happy to read this. It was stressing me out too! I try, I really do try, but I have no experience with this sort of dining. I was terrified that I wouldn't know what to do with which utensil and I would look like a fool.
__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/



LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #761
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran
 
MoonFaerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Big Orange Country
Posts: 1,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
And ladies - it says you can't wear sandals??? Do they expect you to wear pantyhose with closed toed shoes then? Or what shoes have you worn? Thanks!
You know, I didn't even think about it, but technically I wore sandals. They were of the strappy heeled variety though. I'm sure that dressy sandals are fine, and that it's flip flops and other casual sandals they are talking about.
__________________
Me DS (10) DD (9)
MoonFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #762
ctnurse
DIS Veteran
 
ctnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,178

What we wore.

DBF and I dined in the QV room in December. He wore a dark suit with a Mickey tie and I wore a silver and black sequin cocktail dress with a pair of black heels without hose. I would have worn opened toes heels,but I'm not sure about the sandals, only because of the dress I was wearing. I do own some pretty dressy sandals/flip-flop style shoes that are dressy enough for V&As.

I felt that we were dressed right and were able to get some great pics in front of the tree before dinner. We loved getting dressed up and going to dinner. I would rather be a bit over dressed than under dressed. I hope this makes sense.
__________________

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #763
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
You know, I didn't even think about it, but technically I wore sandals. They were of the strappy heeled variety though. I'm sure that dressy sandals are fine, and that it's flip flops and other casual sandals they are talking about.
I was thinking the same thing - that sandals was referring to something casual. Many of my heels could be considered sandals due to them being so 'strappy' but I have no desire to wear closed toed heels with or without hose in July! I'll go with my strappy heels - I doubt it will cause a rucous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
DBF and I dined in the QV room in December. He wore a dark suit with a Mickey tie and I wore a silver and black sequin cocktail dress with a pair of black heels without hose. I would have worn opened toes heels,but I'm not sure about the sandals, only because of the dress I was wearing. I do own some pretty dressy sandals/flip-flop style shoes that are dressy enough for V&As.

I felt that we were dressed right and were able to get some great pics in front of the tree before dinner. We loved getting dressed up and going to dinner. I would rather be a bit over dressed than under dressed. I hope this makes sense.
I agree - I'd rather overdress for just about anything! Especially if it came to V&A. Thanks!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #764
domiii
To all who come to this happy place, welcome! - Walter E. Disney
 
domiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Three Bridges, NJ
Posts: 1,226

We just had our first visit and we were dressed to the 9's. DH in tux and I wore a gown. We were in the QV room. What an experience. Terry and John were fantastic servers.

I was overcome when we walked in, the tears just flowed. There was one other table in the room and found out the women at that table was overcome when she walked in as well. Has this happened to anyone else?
__________________
Karen, Dom III and Kayla
___________________________
05/87 BV Palace/Contemporary ... 11/89 HoJo's ... 07/92 CBR ... 08/97 PO ... 11/99 ASMu/ASMo ... 06/02 WL/Wonder ... 04/04 Pop Century ... 11/04 POFQ ... 12/05 Christmas Magic-DCL ... 08/06 SSR ... 11/07 SSR GV ... 03/08 ASMu (K&D) ... 06/08 SSR (KE w/JR) ... 11/08 Wonder/SSR ... 07/09 OKW/AKL GV-KV/OKW ... 05/10 CS ... 12/10 SSR GV ... 04/11 ASMu ... 06/11 Dream/THV ... 05/12 THV ... 10/12 AKL-KV


domiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #765
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs
 
MaryJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Mt. Vernon, IN
Posts: 3,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
DH does not get dressed up for meals (he makes sure to take off a hat though!). He has a suit he wears to funerals and weddings. Would that suit be appropriate for V&A? If at all, he prefers not to wear a tie but he also hates to underdress (or overdress). He wants to blend in. So would he blend in more wearing a tie or not wearing a tie?

And ladies - it says you can't wear sandals??? Do they expect you to wear pantyhose with closed toed shoes then? Or what shoes have you worn? Thanks!
When we went there last fall, DH wore a suit with a tie. There were two other women and myself in our party and we all wore sandals. No one turned us away.

I am really excited because we were able to get the Chef's Table in November on my birthday!!! Really looking forward to this one! We have eaten in the Queen Victoria room before, but this will be our first time at the Chef's Table!
__________________
Mary
MaryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Target Savings Thread Whitty Budget Board 1016 04-18-2011 04:52 PM
Disney Picture of the Day Thread - June 12, 2009 WeatherbySwann Theme Parks Community 3744 02-01-2010 06:48 PM
The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread MiaSRN62 DVC-Mousecellaneous 1502 01-18-2010 07:38 PM
8/15/09-Eastern-Tortola Treasure Seekers:Kids thread AL'N'STEVE Disney Cruise Meets 221 08-22-2009 06:47 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3231 08-02-2009 12:39 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: