Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #31
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Sorry I haven't forgotten about this trip report. I've just had a lot going on the last few weeks. First off some great news is we have booked our next trip to Disneyland for May 11 - 16 and will be celebrating our 8th Wedding Anniversary.

Second our news started out awesome...We found out we were expecting baby #4 2 weeks ago. Unfortunatly today when I went to the Dr for my first prenatel appt we were unable to find a heartbeat. Due to measurements and dates we know I'm about 9 weeks along. So we are now doing blood work to confirm the bad news. I know things have a way of working themselves out (this is not my first lost pregnancy) but it is still very hard to deal with. I'm just thankful we never told my older two kids cuz they just wouldn't understand that one minute mommy is having a baby and the next she's not. We will try again. This has just confirmed that we do want at least one more baby. Please understand if I'm not around for awhile as I am just so confused right now and am trying really hard to not cry in front of my little ones and to just enjoy being with them. Thanks for understanding.

I will be back hopefully soon to finish this up. I only have one more Disney day to report and then our last day which was our drive home. I hope everyone is well and will try to be back soon.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #32
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Dear Sandra, The trip to DL will be a HUGE time of healing for you I know. I posted this on my TR when I read the news, please forgive me, I wanted to post it here as well!

My heart aches for your loss and I do know what that feels like to lose a baby. I was 14 weeks along when that happened to us, and, unfortunately Christian did know (not David or Rachel). He was heartbroken and cried for a long time when he found out. Through his tears that night he composed a beautiful poem (he has always had a gift for writing). It has brought me much comfort over the years when I think of our Abigail Grace and I have it framed, hanging in my house. I hope it might bring you a measure of peace as well.

Our Angel’s Lullaby

God is so Great,
He’ll do you no Harm,
He is Rocking you Now,
In His Mighty Arm.

So do not Cry
Or Whine or Stir,
For God is Protecting
Your Heart so Pure.

Your arms Outstretched
So Light and Sweet.
Your Enemies,
God shall Defeat.

People Rejoice and
Idols will Fall,
At the sound of your Voice,
Your Cry, so Small.

Wrapped in a Blanket,
As White as a Dove,
As God sings His Lullaby,
Of Faith and Love.

Christian B.
Written at age 11

Sandra, there are many on these boards who have lost a baby while pregnant. I know we will all be thinking of you and lifting you up as you take care of yourself and family. This is a difficult time I know and your health and well-being must come first.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #33
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #34
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Sandra I am so deeply sorry for your loss. God does indeed work in mysterious ways, but knowing that is small comfort some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post

My lovely DD who just had to see Minnie refused to get into the pictures!!! Of course after we left she decided that she wanted to see her but by then there was a line and we weren’t going to wait again. She was fine with it all though. No crying thank goodness!!
Doesn't that just figure! girls! go figure
Miss Minne is cute in her flying gear!
Quote:
Up next we decided it was time to go check into one my son’s favorite hotels. The Tower of Terror!! He told Grandma that he was going to ride with her first and then with me and then with her again! Lol Little did Grandma know but he only likes to ride this ride once a trip!!!

That is my DS and mom in the front row on the left of the picture. Yes he has his hands up and had them up the ENTIRE ride!! He is my little dare devil!! His first time on this ride he was 4 and has loved it ever since!!

fun picture, how cute that he is big brave boy! My DD liked the ride part but the preview "movie" part of it scared her so I am not sure if she'll ride it again next time or not.
Quote:

Let’s see if we can get one of just the kids.

so funny with all the kids running around!

Quote:
Now let’s finish that walk and go see some of our favorite Toy Story pals.

Up first……

Jessie

She was leaving but was kind enough to take pictures with people in line.

Next up….

Woody

You have some great character interactions ! Love when they will really have fun with the kids, its awesome.

LOVE LOVE the sleeping baby pictures. so sweet!
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #35
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Sandra I am so deeply sorry for your loss. God does indeed work in mysterious ways, but knowing that is small comfort some day.
Thank you! Right now I'm just taking it hour by hour, day by day. It's all I can do to keep going.

I do love the pictures we did get whether my DD was in them or not or even if she was crying. It's all about our memories and that is how she was at those particular times. When she asks me when she's older how come she's not in the picture I can just tell her the truth. You didn't want to be.

They sure can be precious when they are sleeping. Makes you forget how they act when they are awake!!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #36
blessedmom4

I just wanted to let you know you are on my heart!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #37
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I just wanted to let you know you are on my heart!
Thank you!! Just know you and your family are in my thoughts daily whether I log on or not. I know what I'm going through is nothing compared to what you have to do (and go through) on a daily basis. You are one amazing person!!

I am actually trying to work on an update today and will hopefully either have it posted tonight or some time tomorrow. My DH is working tomorrow so I should have time. I would like to have this completed before we leave on our next trip in 2 weeks!! In that 2 weeks I need to try do a big spring cleaning (we've out grown our 2 bedroom condo but are trying to make it work for a little while longer until we can get into a house), pack and of course our normal day to day things. But I am going to give myself this weekend to rest and heal so come Monday I can really start doing what I need to do.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #38
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Just read your TR as I'm planning a DL trip in 2013. It was fabulous to hear your take on Leap Day.

I was sorry to read your latest updates - ((hugs))
elaine amj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #39
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
Just read your TR as I'm planning a DL trip in 2013. It was fabulous to hear your take on Leap Day.

I was sorry to read your latest updates - ((hugs))
elaine amj!! Hope your getting some tips to use on your trip next year. Even though Disneyland ended up being super crowded that night we still had a fantastic time!! My mom and I were actually talking about it last night and we both said we'd do it again!! The only thing different would have been to make sure we had a change of clothes for the kids!!!

Thank you. We were heartbroken when we went to the Dr. But this has shown us that we really do want at least one more child so we will try again. We love the children we have but we just don't feel complete.

Next update coming right up!!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #40
ladylyons

Day 3……Mickey, Jake, and a Flight over California!!

Today we decided to head back to California Adventure since there were a few things we missed the day before and we really wanted to do them. So we got up and decided to try the Continental Breakfast at the Ramada. It wasn’t really nothing to exciting – 3 or 4 different types of muffins, 3 different types of cereal, biscuits and gravy, apples, juice and milk. Sorry I’m a bad Disser didn’t think to take pictures!!!

Here are a few of us getting ready to leave the room.

Putting everything in the crib so we wouldn’t lose the kids blankets, pillows, stuffed animals and my DD absolute favorite lovey!!

So off to California Adventure we go for a 10 am opening. First up Monster’s Inc and since we were right there we headed over to the Disney Visa Meet and Greet. We were about 15 mins early but this trip was different than my last trips. We were just taking our time doing everything and just enjoying being together. We had a really nice talk with the CM at the entrance while we waited and I took some pics of the kids running around.

Again my DD decided she didn’t like the characters right now. But just wait until later this day!!

Next up was someone we tried to see the day before but unfortunately he was not visiting from Neverland but he was today!!

I had to get in on the fun!!

My mom liked this outside of Off the Page.

Up next one of the kids favorite shows…..Disney Junior

OOPS!! They even have technical difficulties here!!! People kept yelling this wouldn't happen with an Apple!! Well if it was me working it it would!! I seem to kill Apple products so I'm not allowed to have an iPhone.

It didn’t take long for the system to reset because before we knew it the show had started!!

Searching for the treasure chest.

Being a crocodile to scare off Captain Hook.

GOLD DUBLOONS!!

Continued in next post…..

Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #41
ladylyons

Disney Junior Continued….

Now after the show my kids love to collect up as many of the streamers and gold dubloons as they can. So while I was watching both of my son’s my mom was supposed to be watching my DD while we were getting up off that ground. For anyone that has watched this show you know how hard it can be to get up after the show. Well I turn around and go “Where’s Sarah?” My mom looks and goes “She’s right…..” UH OH!! Where is she?!?!?!?!? Luckily we only had this scare for a minute because the lady next to us heard us and goes she’s right there by the entrance COMING BACK IN!!!! Come to find out she went outside to throw away the streamers and gold dubloons. Talk about a scary moment!!! That is when I stressed to my DD again the importance of staying with us and not to wander away because we’d be really sad and scared if we lost her.

After Disney Junior we headed to Soarin’.

Some pictures on the way:

While DS and I rode Soarin’ my mom took these pictures of my DD. She was not in a good mood that I took her brother on a ride without her!! Lol She love’s her grandma but she didn’t want to be with her at that moment in time.

After that we decided it was time to let the Princess see some of her favorite people so it was time to put that park hopper of my mom’s too good use and head back to Disneyland. (We have AP’s so my mom was the only one with a regular ticket.)

Up next we get to meet a duck and some Princesses!!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #42
ladylyons

Day 3 Continued…..We get to meet Donald!! FINALLY!!! And some Princesses!!

After Leaving California Adventure we went over to Disneyland. As soon as we walked in the gate and through the tunnels we saw the line for Donald Duck!! My DS has been wanting to meet him for the last few trips now and the timing just never worked out until today!! We got into line and waited about 10 mins and then it was our turn!

Looking down Main Street towards the Castle.

Now let’s see if we can get a few shots of just the kids.

I guess not. After we put the kids on the stroller I went to grab my hat off the stroller and some how dropped the camera. I was so afraid that this is how the rest of my trip pictures were going to turn out because I had no clue where to even begin to fix it.

That’s how I felt at this moment in time.

Then all of a sudden we got this….

YEAH THE CAMERA WAS WORKING AGAIN!!!! Don’t ask me what I did because I have no clue!!

Since we were celebrating my son’s 5th birthday on this trip we went into City Hall to leave a compliment card for the awesome CM Brett who helped us make sure we got to see Darth Vader and while we were there they told my DS that he had a special birthday message waiting for him.

When he got off the phone we asked him who it was and he told us Goofy wished him a Happy Birthday. He was soooo excited. He’s been on a Goofy kick for a while now and I have no idea why since I’ve been brainwashing him since birth to like Mickey. Now it was time to see some Princesses.

On the way we happen to see Mary Poppins. I don’t know where she was headed but snapped a quick picture. It didn’t turn out but my DD really wants to see her on our next trip so that is something we will be doing.

We got in line to see Rapunzel and while we were waiting I got the Princess ready to go. This trip she wanted to wear her Cinderella dress (even though Belle is her favorite and she has a Belle dress she just didn’t feel like wearing it that day.)

I love this one. My DD is saying look how cute I am and my DS is rolling his eyes in the background!!

She knows she’s cute! Everyone in line around us was like ahhh look how adorable she is. And she’d just give them a smile.

Finally our turn..

I love how she got down to their level when it came time for pictures.

Next we headed toward Princess Fantasy Faire. One the way we saw these two. And of course he was causing nothing but trouble.

Continued in next post...

Old 04-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #43
ladylyons

The Princess meets some more Princesses!

Finally we made it through the crowd and made it to the Princess Fantasy Faire. Here’s a couple pics of the area and of course the Princess.

First up….

PRINCESS TIANA

She just loves to meet the Princesses!

My DS had to meet the Princesses by himself. He didn’t want to share with his sister.

She snuck back in.

Next up…

ARIEL

Right before this next picture was taken Sarah walked up to Jeremy and pushed him towards Ariel and told him “It’s your turn.” My mom and I looked at each other and just laughed. It was so cute and funny at the same time.

Again she snuck into the picture.

Then last but not least the one Princess that always makes my DD’s day when she gets to see her…..

BELLE

Belle asked my DD if Cinderella was her favorite Princess and my DD’s answer was “No you are. My mommy’s favorite is Cinderella.” You could just see how much that touched Belle. So not only do they make magic for us but sometimes our little one’s make magic for them too.

Jeremy’s turn..

She wished him Happy Birthday and he told he was 5.

You can see Sarah here pushing Jeremy towards Belle.

Once again Sarah had to be in the pictures. Poor Jeremy couldn’t even get a picture by himself with a princess.

One last hug.

Continued in next post...

Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #44
ladylyons

More pictures..

My Princess..

My Princess and silly boy..

He wanted me to take a silly picture of him.

This visit to Princess Fantasy Faire was all about the kids so that’s why my mom and I aren’t in any of the pics. The kids took enough time I didn’t want to make the families behind us have to wait any more. After the Princesses it was nap time. So back to the room we went. Here’s a couple more pics before nap time. She was being a ham for the camera.

Now there’s my children. I was wondering where they went. This is how they normally act towards each other.

Now there she is again trying to be all cute and innocent. She loves her bear blanket.

Now there’s my handsome little boy.

Up next... What do we do after naps?

Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #45
blessedmom4

the new update, good job on all of the precious memories and pics! SO happy Sarah came back, but they DID look like they enjoyed the show! We had a VERY fun time with Mary Poppins...if I ever get to write about it....LOVED the pics of the Princesses and Jeremy was so cut hanging back just a bit, needing a "little"encouragement from Sarah, such sweeties. HOw fun that he got a BD call from his main man, Goofy!

Tke good care of yourself, sweetie, thinking of you! Thanks for the update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: