Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #61
Leshaface
DIS Veteran
 
Leshaface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central, CA
Posts: 5,037

Holy cow, you really did score some great airline tickets, plus car rental, plus train tickets, plus two night hotel stay Soooooo, whenever my DH and I decide to go to Europe (HOPEFULLY 2015 or 2016) can you help me?!? You seem like you know what you're doing.

I'm so onboard for this trip!
__________________


DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #62
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Holy cow, you really did score some great airline tickets, plus car rental, plus train tickets, plus two night hotel stay Soooooo, whenever my DH and I decide to go to Europe (HOPEFULLY 2015 or 2016) can you help me?!? You seem like you know what you're doing.

I'm so onboard for this trip!
I would be MORE than happy to help you plan a trip. I love doing that stuff, playing with numbers, finding good deals and such. The biggest thing to traveling to Europe is that you have to be flexible with your destination city, because if you have a very specific one in mind, 9 times out of 10 you're not going to get the pricing you want.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #63
Merida
DIS Veteran
 
Merida's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh, those waffles are amazing. Carbs are definitely my favorite food, but oh so bad for you.

I used to get made fun of so bad for the fries with mayo thing. Now fries with ketchup and mayo mixed together? Bleh. I just don't get it.
I don't like ketchup... it weirds me out! Mayo + fries foreverrr (Though it's becoming surprisingly popular out here! I hope spaghettieis is the next Euro food trend to come stateside. I was browsing Disney Food Blog (I think?) and they had an article about Disney's ~unique~ new spaghetti ice cream sundae and everyone was going on about this great and special new "Disney detail." The Disney spaghetti ice cream doesn't look as good as the ones I've had in Germany but it's a start!).

Your travel plans look great - I really like flying in and out of Heathrow, since airports where I don't speak the language makes me nervous. I just don't want to take that many risks with my travel arrangements!

My (pilot/airline enthusiast) boyfriend really like Virgin Atlantic - we do a lot of driving for vacations because there are SO many airlines he refuses to get on, so I guess it's a good company! And they're working on powering the planes with coconut oil, which is totally awesome.
__________________
Merida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #64
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I don't like ketchup... it weirds me out! Mayo + fries foreverrr (Though it's becoming surprisingly popular out here! I hope spaghettieis is the next Euro food trend to come stateside. I was browsing Disney Food Blog (I think?) and they had an article about Disney's ~unique~ new spaghetti ice cream sundae and everyone was going on about this great and special new "Disney detail." The Disney spaghetti ice cream doesn't look as good as the ones I've had in Germany but it's a start!).

Your travel plans look great - I really like flying in and out of Heathrow, since airports where I don't speak the language makes me nervous. I just don't want to take that many risks with my travel arrangements!

My (pilot/airline enthusiast) boyfriend really like Virgin Atlantic - we do a lot of driving for vacations because there are SO many airlines he refuses to get on, so I guess it's a good company! And they're working on powering the planes with coconut oil, which is totally awesome.
Haha, I think we should make shirts that say Mayo + Fries Foreverrr. I would totally wear it, I'm not gonna lie.

I've never heard of the spaghetti ice cream thing, but I'm intrigued by the idea. I think I'm going to have to find it and eat it.

Flying in and out of a city speaking a foreign language actually wasn't as bad as I though it would be. When we flew in and out of Paris, basically everyone spoke English. No issues whatsoever.

I'm glad to hear that Virgin Atlantic gets a thumbs up. I have heard good things about it. That's very cool that they're working on powering planes with coconut oil. What a way to save fuel.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #65
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,469

Oh my gosh, that is one ridiculous amount of traveling in one day. If I'd ever did the exact same thing, my family would have to carry me off the plane and onto the train. Well, maybe not, I'd probably be excited or something or other I know. Whatever you do when you go on a TWO WEEK VACATION TO EUROPE! Yeah, pretty exciting stuff there, but it seems you know what you got to do and after reading about what happened on your last trip you are prepared (Only packing half your Belgian chocolates, really?). Well, let's hope it doesn't happen again, either!

Can't wait to hear more about this trip!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Oh my gosh, that is one ridiculous amount of traveling in one day. If I'd ever did the exact same thing, my family would have to carry me off the plane and onto the train. Well, maybe not, I'd probably be excited or something or other I know. Whatever you do when you go on a TWO WEEK VACATION TO EUROPE! Yeah, pretty exciting stuff there, but it seems you know what you got to do and after reading about what happened on your last trip you are prepared (Only packing half your Belgian chocolates, really?). Well, let's hope it doesn't happen again, either!

Can't wait to hear more about this trip!
I am afraid that I am going to have to be wheeled at some time during our travel day.

I'm super excited about this. Contrary to popular belief, I may seem like I know what I'm doing, but I fake it pretty well.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #67
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran
 
ZehnJahren's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,699

That's awesome about the lower airfare cost - but for me, I need it even lower! Because, I'm cheap! I did see fares into London that weren't bad; but then I have to worry about hopping over to Frankfurt or Cologne. And then, if it's Frankfurt, there are more hours on the train.... and more cost for the train ride... etc. etc. I just want a cheap ticket RIGHT INTO COLOGNE - you know, it doesn't even have to be CHEAP, just affordable. Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

It's nice that you get the two nights in London, though; I passed through on my way to Germany and was petrified. When I was very young (three or so), I told my mom I was going to die in England so I didn't want to go there (she has no idea where I even learned about England!). And I remember being young and being certain I was going to "die in England" and being afraid, as this went on for about 10 years! So when my layover at Heathrow happened, I felt very odd, like I was laughing in the face of death. Even now - I'd love to go to London and check out a lot of the Tudor-era history, but I actually do worry a little about dying there! Go figure.

I agree with you that the foreign airports aren't bad. It's not like you necessarily have to chat with everyone, anyway. Even if you want to just go buy a water (and not that disgusting mineral fizzy water, yech), you just pick one out, hold it up to the cashier, they tell you the cost, and then you pay. No words needed.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #68
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
That's awesome about the lower airfare cost - but for me, I need it even lower! Because, I'm cheap! I did see fares into London that weren't bad; but then I have to worry about hopping over to Frankfurt or Cologne. And then, if it's Frankfurt, there are more hours on the train.... and more cost for the train ride... etc. etc. I just want a cheap ticket RIGHT INTO COLOGNE - you know, it doesn't even have to be CHEAP, just affordable. Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

It's nice that you get the two nights in London, though; I passed through on my way to Germany and was petrified. When I was very young (three or so), I told my mom I was going to die in England so I didn't want to go there (she has no idea where I even learned about England!). And I remember being young and being certain I was going to "die in England" and being afraid, as this went on for about 10 years! So when my layover at Heathrow happened, I felt very odd, like I was laughing in the face of death. Even now - I'd love to go to London and check out a lot of the Tudor-era history, but I actually do worry a little about dying there! Go figure.

I agree with you that the foreign airports aren't bad. It's not like you necessarily have to chat with everyone, anyway. Even if you want to just go buy a water (and not that disgusting mineral fizzy water, yech), you just pick one out, hold it up to the cashier, they tell you the cost, and then you pay. No words needed.
Girl, trust me, I'm cheap too! This trip was a must go though, because we had promised our family and made our DLRP reservations, so we had to find any way possible to get there. These tickets are still about $200 more than each ticket was when we went to Paris in 2010.

Your "dying in England story" is funny! How strange that you would have a dream like that as a toddler. I could understand how it could be unsettling going forward.

I had no problem in Paris. You're right, you don't have to do much chatting, and I think most times, the customer facing people speak English really well.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #69
Dugette
DIS Veteran
 
Dugette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,762

From one number-cruncher to another, good job on the travel day! Way to get more for your money. It may be a long day, but what better tribute to Disney than utilizing multiple modes of transportation. That train sounds pretty cool.
__________________
Me (37) DH (36) DD (born 9/20/12) Bailey Kitty
Nov. 7-16, 2014: Aulani ("It All Started with a Massive Price Glitch") PTR In Progress! | Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2014: Pop Century ("I Like Warm Hugs!") TR In Progress! | June 10-13, 2014: Offsite
Dec. 7-14, 2013: Polynesian ("Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's First Trip") TR Complete! | Oct. 5-12, 2011: Pop Century ("Poor Unfortunate Souls: So Wet, So Full")
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #70
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
From one number-cruncher to another, good job on the travel day! Way to get more for your money. It may be a long day, but what better tribute to Disney than utilizing multiple modes of transportation. That train sounds pretty cool.
Haha, from one accountant to another, right?

I know. In one waking period (I can't call it a day, it's more like a period of time that I will be awake), I will have ridden in a plane, train, and an automobile. Yeah!
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #71
Dugette
DIS Veteran
 
Dugette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Haha, from one accountant to another, right?
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I know. In one waking period (I can't call it a day, it's more like a period of time that I will be awake), I will have ridden in a plane, train, and an automobile. Yeah!
That's pretty awesome! If only you could work a boat in there too!
__________________
Me (37) DH (36) DD (born 9/20/12) Bailey Kitty
Nov. 7-16, 2014: Aulani ("It All Started with a Massive Price Glitch") PTR In Progress! | Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2014: Pop Century ("I Like Warm Hugs!") TR In Progress! | June 10-13, 2014: Offsite
Dec. 7-14, 2013: Polynesian ("Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's First Trip") TR Complete! | Oct. 5-12, 2011: Pop Century ("Poor Unfortunate Souls: So Wet, So Full")
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #72
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Exactly!


That's pretty awesome! If only you could work a boat in there too!
I forgot about the boat! Dangit! Guess we're gonna have to take the hovercraft....
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #73
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer
 
DVCWDWMEMBER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 494

Maybe we should leave the hovercraft for next time . I don't know about you but I plan to go back again
__________________
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #74
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Maybe we should leave the hovercraft for next time . I don't know about you but I plan to go back again
Well, I definitely plan on going back. I just don't know where. I mean, we've got Italy, Greece, Spain, so many other countries!
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #75
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer
 
DVCWDWMEMBER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Well, I definitely plan on going back. I just don't know where. I mean, we've got Italy, Greece, Spain, so many other countries!
We will have to pick where we are going next time. YEAH
__________________
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: