Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

OMG - Chimpanzee movie is.....

so DANG CUTE!!!!!!!

everything about the movie was great! the scenery, the narration by Tim Allen and of course the interaction of the chimpanzee's....if you want to brighten your day go see this movie!

rating from us
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Reddy
Scrapbooker
 
Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,339

I'm buying the dvd - I don't think my boys do good in the theater & I don't think it is going to the drive in (I wonder what is showing at the drive in??)
__________________
Reddy DH DS 18 : DS 17
Reddy Redo
Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,978

I'd like to see it this week so I can get double points for my tickets from the movie rewards I'm glad to hear it was cute. I heard they don't show the momma dying, so that will make it a little easier to take.
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
I'd like to see it this week so I can get double points for my tickets from the movie rewards I'm glad to hear it was cute. I heard they don't show the momma dying, so that will make it a little easier to take.
they don't show it, but you hear her cries....
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer
 
MyMagicKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
they don't show it, but you hear her cries....
Oh good, when they have documentaries on Discovery Channel, etc it always makes me so sad to see animals get hurt and for a fleeting moment I get made at the videographers from not saving them, especially when its a baby animal being eaten!!

I love Tim Allen so that sweetens the deal for me...hopefully DH and I can get out for a date night soon because although DS likes going to the theater, I don't know that he'd sit through this.
__________________
*August 1987 ~ The Polynesian*
*August 1991 ~ The Polynesian*
*July 2006 ~ Offsite*
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
lucigo
DIS Veteran
 
lucigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chester, VA/Pace, FL
Posts: 2,323

My 17yo DD and I both loved it. My 8yo DS resorted to plan B (ipod touch and jacket over his head) for most of the movie. It was cute but not engaging for him.

To me the best part was at the end where they show the film crew!
__________________
lucigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMagicKingdom View Post
Oh good, when they have documentaries on Discovery Channel, etc it always makes me so sad to see animals get hurt and for a fleeting moment I get made at the videographers from not saving them, especially when its a baby animal being eaten!!

I love Tim Allen so that sweetens the deal for me...hopefully DH and I can get out for a date night soon because although DS likes going to the theater, I don't know that he'd sit through this.
that's why we loved this so much, not showing anything graphic!
Tim Allen was perfect for the movie, he even gets his signature "grunt" in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucigo View Post
My 17yo DD and I both loved it. My 8yo DS resorted to plan B (ipod touch and jacket over his head) for most of the movie. It was cute but not engaging for him.

To me the best part was at the end where they show the film crew!
sorry your DS didn't enjoy it! I know! the ending was very good, loved seeing what the crew had to go through to film it!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer
 
MyMagicKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
that's why we loved this so much, not showing anything graphic!
Tim Allen was perfect for the movie, he even gets his signature "grunt" in
He does?! Yay! I don't know when the last time I heard that aside from watching our Home Improvement box set.
__________________
*August 1987 ~ The Polynesian*
*August 1991 ~ The Polynesian*
*July 2006 ~ Offsite*
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.