Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #796
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

So happy to see you posting your pages with the report. I think it adds to the story.

Love your costumes. You both look great! I just loved the story with Flynn. The pictures really do show the story so well. I'm sure he loved seeing how much he is loved by the fans.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #797
MickeyMouseCD524
Mouseketeer

I always feel weird posting on these threads I feel like such a creeper, but your costumes are gorgeous as usual. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on this trip and I'm loving the pictures.
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #798
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
12/13 Continued:

Of course, we were on another mission as well. Finally08 from the DIS, mother of the world's biggest Flynn fan.... had asked for our help. Her adorable little girl loves Flynn. And not just ANY Flynn. It had to be HER specific Flynn. She had a book made with pictures from their prior meetings and sent it to me to deliver in person. I had it with me. Now I just had to wait through the line......... and hope the right Flynn was there that night.

The line was posted as a 70 minute wait. It was every bit that long, probably more. There were some cast members in line ahead of us chatting with another big Flynn fan behind us in line. Eventually, my curiosity about whether the right Flynn would be in got the better of me. That other Flynn fan had been through the line already that night, so I got the book out and showed him a photo of Flynn and asked if he was back there. Not only did he say our Flynn was in, but there was only one princess room open, so it would indeed be the right one. My excitement over being able to complete our mission was only SLIGHTLY overshadowed with me being miffed about them only running one room. So we finally get there on a slightly slower night........ and they compensate by running only one room. Oh well, at least it meant we would be able to accomplish our mission!

After an endless wait, we finally went back. I told Flynn that we brought greetings from a faroff land. The look on his face was absolutely priceless, completely worth the long wait in line. Of course, I'm sure he was wondering why this crazy lady dressed as the Evil Queen was involved....... but I'm sure that just added to the moment! He took quite a while to look over the book with Rapunzel, and even went over to show Aurora and Prince Philip. He also took time to write out a thank you note for Finally08's daughter. It was a ton of fun, and I'm so glad I got to help spread a little magic.

While waiting....

IMG_6580 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

More waiting......

IMG_6584 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

And finally we made it....

IMG_6600 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I love the look of anticipation on Rapunzel's face....

IMG_6601 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6607 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6603 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

This one just says it all........

IMG_6606 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Time for "show and tell".......

IMG_6610 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

And some thank you's.........

IMG_6611 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6609 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

It was TONS of fun getting to play a part in Finally08's magic. I'm so glad she included me in her daughter's love of Flynn!

IMG_6616 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6614 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Ohhhh.... there WERE other princesses there that night too.......

Photo0395FourBySix-2 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Photo0399FourBySix-2 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6622 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_6619 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

yay, my favorite part of the trip report has come to fruition!!! Thank you so so much for doing that, it gave Layla even more magic seeing all the photos (which I now need copies of, lol) and getting the note from her Flynn. And when we saw him a couple weeks later (the day we arrived, 12/28) he told us it was the best Christmas gift he'd received.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #799
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
We also made our MK day a party day in October - and there were no long lines that day in the park! Love the pics of you both in costume! And I am glad you got to see the right Flynn - I think that is the same Flynn we saw - I highly recommend planning some meet and greets during the parade - we only waited 5 minutes to get in and see the Princesses during the second parade. And Flynn was so bored that Rapunzel was teaching him to braid her hair! OK - after comparing photos, I DON"T think we saw the same Flynn, but he was still lots of fun!

Nope, not the same Flynn....your Flynn is commonly seen as the Snow Prince on stage and in parades though. He was the Snow Prince for the Christmas parades this past year. My sister is in LOVE with that guy, lol.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #800
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL! That would definitely do it! And that thread wouldn't last 5 minutes over there right now.
OMG what drama have I missed? Sorry I am hijacking your trip report though, lol.
And all this talk of "my Flynn" - well, you ladies will all need to deal with my daughter. I don't think she's gonna share, especially since she's carried on a secret behind the scenes romance with him. haha!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #801
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
I am still thinking about going in Dec and taking both girls this time. Now that I have done a trip with each child individually I can start again. My son would like to take another trip with just him and I but the girls want to go together. Hubby is pretty good about going but one trip a year suits him just fine. What I would really like to do is go in Oct for MNSSHP but I think it is a little soon after just being there is Aug so Dec would spread it out a bit better. If Julia thought she would see Katie again she would vote for Dec for sure!
An all girls trip sounds perfect! But then you've probably figured out by now that's how I feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
It is your choice about missing school. We have an absence section that says "absent: Family approved". It doesn't excuse it, but it explains it. I usually don't mind if parents take their children. Especially to Disney! I encourage them to help their child (or if the child is old enough, as I've taught other grades) write a journal, or make it a visual scrapbook, and bring it in to share with the class. Sometimes the parents send e-mails too and we get to read and learn about what the missing child is doing. Don't stress over it too much, it's only a week!

I am the opposite of you... I LOVE the heat! I enjoy it much more than the cold. That's why I need to get back to DL... to experience it when I'm warm. I think that's why I only took 4500 or so pictures... I was too cold to take more! That many parties would be lovely though, because then you have the time to do everything that you want to do... see the characters, shows and parades, ride some rides when the parades are on etc. It's wonderful.
I'm really not worried about Katie missing school for a week. My issue really is when that week is. In middle school their grades are cumulative over the course of the entire semester. And that week would hit her at the very end of the first semester when they are likely to have some testing going on. I've never had trouble with the schools for taking kids out. I even took Timmy out for a week in High School. I just need to decide about taking that particular week.

So you're a heat lover. Hmmmm.... sorry, but we can't be friends. I just think there's something in my makeup that makes me heat intolerant. I've been that way from a very young age. I marvel at the folks who are able to do Disney in the summer. Heck, I don't even like the BEACH in the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I've been looking at lens for a while, but right now it comes down to money for Disney or extras like lens and an ipad (I would love both, but pick Disney each time) Maybe someday...

I will pm you my email. I'm really interested in a shirt for MVMCP.

She said you made the costume so that means you're not the real evil Queen. She's a smart one!
LOL! Tell Kadence she's a little too smart for her own good! But then I reckon you know that already!

I hear you on the lens thing. Everything loses when it comes down to X .......... or more days at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Okay, firstly, I'm SO sorry I haven't commented in awhile. I won't go into the whole why thing because it's basically the same thing as with any person who goes MIA on the DIS (School, Life, Activities, etc.), but I'm back now and ready to leave a nice little comment for ya...

Boy, if anyone can understand that........ it's me. This time of year is crazy when you have school age kids. Glad you're back with us!

Sorry you didn't get a great spot to take your photos of the Magic, Memories and You! You just seem to be out of luck with that show on this trip. Good thing you have so many more nights of that show to get some amazing shots So sweet of your daughter to comfort you too.

Yeah, that was really sweet. It made missing the show worth it.

Great pictures of Katie with Rosetta and Tink! I just love how you just always have a costume "up your sleeve" for her for basically every M&G. It really looks great in the photos and how the characters seem to enjoy interacting with you two so much. (:

Thanks! That was a great character meet. A nice little silver lining to missing the MMY show and fireworks. And one of the real benefits of doing more than one party.

Again, absolutely love your photos of the Christmas decorum, so very pretty!

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I'll try to get to another update soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Trying to get caught up over here...

Your scrapbooks pages are beautiful! You did a great job on those. I've got a whole room full of scrapbooking stuff that I haven't touched in years.

It's really hard toget started when you've been away from it for a while. But once you get past the first one...... they get much easier. I promise!

I totally agree about party days at MK! They are FABULOUS!!!

OK, but don't tell anyone. We want to keep it just between us, right?

Glad to hear you liked LTT. We are thinking of eating there on our next trip.

It really is good. I liked the family style dinner, so you can try a little of everything, but we've had lunch there before and it's all really good.

Famous last words huh? I might know a little something about that.

The whole Flynn story made me teary. I know I'm a dork. I could just feel the magic my heart while reading about it! Makes me want to be there right now so bad! That sort of stuff is what gets us all back year after year.

Wasn't it awesome! It was a lot of fun to be able to help spread some pixie dust.

Love your Evil Queen costume! I would totally wear that! I really want that 7 dwarfs picture too! They are only out at the parties right? Katie's Snow White gown is beautiful. I really like the blue/white combo!

OK, I'm hoping that little emoticon guy is laughing WITH me and not AT me! And thanks for the nice comments on Snow. I was copying the gown on a winter Snow White doll I bought on Ebay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Again nice photos. Dinner at Liberty Inn can set you back a pretty penny. We finally at there last summer and for a party of five I almost asked if I could wash the dishes instead of pay that hefty bill. Good food though.
Mike, we go when we can get free dining. So LTT was on the plan. Dinner at ANY table service meal at Disney without the dining plan will give you heart palpitations. We paid OOP at Chef Mickey for 3 adults (since Katie is a Disney dining adult now) and that was enough to upset my stomach. So for 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
So happy to see you posting your pages with the report. I think it adds to the story.

Love your costumes. You both look great! I just loved the story with Flynn. The pictures really do show the story so well. I'm sure he loved seeing how much he is loved by the fans.
Thanks as always Vanessa! I really have loved hearing all the stories about the much beloved Flynn. I hope Disney understand what a gem they have in him.

I feel like I'm within striking distance of finishing scrapping this trip. I'm on the second to the last page. I did a couple more yesterday. I'm gonna have to throw a party or something when it's finally done. I'm embarrassed to admit I'll probably fill 3 albums. Anyone have some room to store them for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMouseCD524 View Post
I always feel weird posting on these threads I feel like such a creeper, but your costumes are gorgeous as usual. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on this trip and I'm loving the pictures.
No weirdness necessary. Just pop in and say hi every now and then and all is good!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #802
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
yay, my favorite part of the trip report has come to fruition!!! Thank you so so much for doing that, it gave Layla even more magic seeing all the photos (which I now need copies of, lol) and getting the note from her Flynn. And when we saw him a couple weeks later (the day we arrived, 12/28) he told us it was the best Christmas gift he'd received.
Awwwww...... I'm so glad we got to be part of Layla's crush on Flynn!

Quote:
Nope, not the same Flynn....your Flynn is commonly seen as the Snow Prince on stage and in parades though. He was the Snow Prince for the Christmas parades this past year. My sister is in LOVE with that guy, lol.
I knew he looked familiar! I'll have to go though my photos now and find him in the parade!

Quote:
OMG what drama have I missed? Sorry I am hijacking your trip report though, lol.
And all this talk of "my Flynn" - well, you ladies will all need to deal with my daughter. I don't think she's gonna share, especially since she's carried on a secret behind the scenes romance with him. haha!
Drop me a line by email and I'll fill you in. And send you some photos!

And I tried to fend them all off for you. I'm glad you're finally here to take up the fight yourself!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #803
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I started reading yesterday and t hen finally finished today...and I had a list of questions...that I no longer remember.

Oh well. I am sure I will reread this TR closer to my trip and then remember what I wanted to ask.

So you are thinking of Nov. ay? Well I think this is the perfect year to take that dream trip of yours...you know ..the one where you do the 2 parties in one trips...halloween and Xmas......I know a couple of gals who would love to see you then.

I am really party stupid. I may be asking lots of questions.
So my plan is to enter the MNSSHP at 4 with our ticket. Do they give me a bracelet then?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #804
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I started reading yesterday and t hen finally finished today...and I had a list of questions...that I no longer remember.

Oh well. I am sure I will reread this TR closer to my trip and then remember what I wanted to ask.

So you are thinking of Nov. ay? Well I think this is the perfect year to take that dream trip of yours...you know ..the one where you do the 2 parties in one trips...halloween and Xmas......I know a couple of gals who would love to see you then.

I am really party stupid. I may be asking lots of questions.
So my plan is to enter the MNSSHP at 4 with our ticket. Do they give me a bracelet then?
Well, I can tell you that today I am less likely to do November than I was yesterday. At the big presentation this morning they said Be Our Guest and the Little Mermaid ride would be open "Holidays 2012". That's cutting it a little close. I'm guessing they've padded that by quite a bit to allow for any delays, but I really don't want to take a chance on missing any of it. The "dream trip" might have to wait just a bit longer.......

When they start letting people in with party tickets at 4 PM, they put your wristband on right then and there. I actually entered at the front gate with a party ticket for the first time since we did the Pirate and Princess party all those years ago. Every other time since (2 Halloween parties and 7 Christmas parties) I've been in the park and just gotten my wristband at the station they had set up.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #805
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

We had a great day yesterday. I got an email telling me Timmy had been selected to attend the American Legion's Boys State this summer. 4 boys from his school were selected. It's a leadership conference, a great experience and a great item to add to his college resume. Of course, it's nice that it comes with many scholarship opportunities.

I just love moments like these!

Last edited by mom2rtk; 04-27-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #806
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Yay Timmy!!!

I still think that Be Our Guest will open in Oct...I just have a feeling. BUT, even if it is open when I go. with my luck I won't see the ADR's opening up right away and still not be able to get it. LOL!
I really wish they would post a menu for it.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #807
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay Timmy!!!

I still think that Be Our Guest will open in Oct...I just have a feeling. BUT, even if it is open when I go. with my luck I won't see the ADR's opening up right away and still not be able to get it. LOL!
I really wish they would post a menu for it.
Thanks Jen!

I have a hunch it will be open in October too. But I want to stack the deck in my favor. I really want to head west to DL in 2013..... but that requires that I see this phase of the FLE.

And we all have to promise to alert each other when the word goes out. I bet we can crash the Disney system...... not that it's that hard to do!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #808
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Thanks Jen!

I have a hunch it will be open in October too. But I want to stack the deck in my favor. I really want to head west to DL in 2013..... but that requires that I see this phase of the FLE.

And we all have to promise to alert each other when the word goes out. I bet we can crash the Disney system...... not that it's that hard to do!
I agree. I just read that someone said a "CM" told someone that free dining for Oct -Dec is supposed to be released in a couple of weeks...that seems really early to me though
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #809
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

I was just catching Julia up on your pictures from MVMCP (she LOVED them) and we compared them to the Princes and Princesses pictures that we got that night. We went during Wishes and didn't see the same one's you did. Sleeping Beauties Prince looked like he was about 12 yrs old and they were kind of... you know unexciting. Our Snow White and Prince and Rapunzel and Flynn were amazing. Julia had so much fun with them. I have no idea how to post pictures on here but if I can figure it out I'll put them up.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 04-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #810
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had a great day yesterday. I got an email telling me Timmy had been selected to attend the American Legion's Boys State this summer. 4 boys from his school were selected. It's a leadership conference, a great experience and a great item to add to his college resume. Of course, it's nice that it comes with many scholarship opportunities.

I just love moments like these!
Congrats to Timmy! Michelle did Girls state and had a blast.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: