Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
cropdocmom
Earning My Ears

Smile polynesian questions

what is best room to request? i am thinking tahiti lagoon view top floor or first? never stayed at poly before. getting 2 rooms so the 5 of us will not be too crowded. please tell me about online checkin. how, when? does this give best chance of getting request? i like quiet beach view best i think. is luau good? when should i go?only there 3 nights.can you give second choice for room? if so, i am thinking tokelau? garden view? help! thanks! also what restaurants do you rec. anywhere? and do resort restaurants count on dining plan? Kona? thanks!!!
cropdocmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
justcantwait
DIS Veteran

We stayed in Tokelau, garden view, second floor. It was very nice. If we went out on the balcony and looked to the right, we could see the lagoon. Went to the end of the hall and out onto the landing at night to watch Magic Kingdom fireworks. The building wasn't too far from the GCH, right near the quiet pool. Online checkin is 10 days before arrival. I've heard varying reports as to whether it helps your requests be granted. It's more helpful if you're checking in at a time when a lot of people will be checking in because it supposedly saves you time at checkin. Don't know how true that is. We went to Spirit of Aloha years ago, so someone else can talk more about how it is now. We enjoyed it then, great seats, good food. But I know they've made changes since we went. Restaurants at the resort are on the dining plan and Kona is a good choice. Some people love 'Ohana for dinner, some hate it. I haven't been there for dinner, only breakfast. Breakfast is an all-you-can-eat, family style (brought to your table) character breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. One of my kids' favorites. Worked out well as a departure morning breakfast. HTH

Kathy
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

First narrow it down to what view you want to pay for, then make your request from there. You've mentioned lagoon/beach view and garden view - they are separate booking categories, garden view being the least expensive, lagoon view being the next up, and Theme Park view being the highest. You can't book a garden view & "request" any of the higher categories, they have to be paid for.

We had garden view in Tokelau & it was perfect. I would request that again, it was equidistant from the TTC, GCH & the bus stop. We walked right off the patio to the quiet pool.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
Cappy81
Mouseketeer

My vote is for Tokelau, we stayed in a second floor room, our view was of the quiet pool. Very nice, not a far walk to anything, very quiet!

3/12 Poly, 9/12 AKL, 9/13 WL, 9/14 AKL
Cappy81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, luau, polynesion resort, restaraunts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: