Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #136
Piglet24
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Hi Team! Happy Monday!

Lynn- I’m glad you found your dogs after they escaped! Glad your lilacs seem to be doing ok so far!! Nice to hear you were able to make it out for a few bike rides.

Robbie- Yes they were the dreaded side stitches. Great job on your race last weekend and your PR!!! That is awesome!!!

Rick- Great job on your race!

Vicky- I like my shoes. I don’t want to return them. I think it was just getting used to a completely different shoe than my foot is used to wearing. I have continued to wear them and I’m not having that issue anymore so I’m just chalking it up to adjusting to them. Glad your runs this weekend went well.

Elizabeth- Congrats on registering for the Tower of Terror run!!! If we were on the east coast I would definitely have signed up!

Dave- Glad you and Sally are doing well!

Kipp- Glad your run went well! Great job!

Kimberly- Good luck on your half this weekend. Keep at it and it will get better. When I am feeling down, stressed, or worried about something, I try to remind myself of all the positive things I have in my life and everything I am grateful for. It helps pull me out of my self sorrow and negative thoughts. I also remind myself not to stress about the things I cannot change and tell myself that one way or the other things will work out. I say it again to myself every time I notice my mind having a negative thought. And I remind myself of how lucky I am to have all those things I am grateful for. It helps to put it into perspective when I stop to think that many people have things going on that I consider to be much worse than what I may have going on in that moment. Hope that helps.

Emily- I hope your runs this week go better for you.

AFM, I made it through my 16 mile run last week on the TM. DH was working and couldn’t leave the station so the TM it was. We watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 while we ran to help pass the time. Although it only lasted 2 hours so we had to restart it again. Note to self: next time doing a long distance on the TM, bring 2 movies! Yesterday I had a shorter 13 mile run and it went well. The weekend here was beautiful. We had sunshine and it was in the low 60’s. I may have enjoyed my run a little too much yesterday though as DH and I are both a little sunburned today. We had great runs this weekend though. We ran 3 miles on Saturday and 2 dogs jumped out of an open van door out of nowhere and came running after our dog barking like crazy when we were running. They didn't stop chasing our dog until she finally stopped and turned around to them. And they continued barking until we had turned the corner and out of their view. Everyone walking around the area just stopped and stared. The owners of the dogs were, of course, nowhere to be found. I'm glad the dogs did not try to attack my dog or it would have gotten ugly. Just one more LR this weekend and then I taper for the Portland RnR half. I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Piglet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #137
LuzzBightyear
Mouseketeer

Hi all

If anyone is interested, I wrote a race report on my blog

Hope everyone is doing well, will catch up later in the week

Robbie

LuzzBightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #138
windwalker
I need an Adventure

Good morning team.

Sally and I are going to go to Disney for a week of relaxing and fun the third week of Sept. Anyone else going to be visiting the mouse about that time?

Today is one of my 2 long days at work so no training today. I'm still trying to get back to normal anyway so another rest day is probably a good idea. I'm still having issues with my achillies and calf, it's better but not 100%.

Have an awesome day y'all.

Dave

http://pandaendurance.blogspot.com/

National Senior Olympics June 07
Ranked 9th in 1500m, 8th in 5K

Next Goofy 2012, Second trip to the National Senior Olympics July 2013
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #139
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs

Dave... Ken and I will just miss you. We are coming down at the end of September for the ToT race.
Regina... Wow! 16 miles on the TM! I don't think I could do it. Of course, there is no TV in the room with my TM, so all I can do is listen to podcasts to pass the time. I've been trying to think of movies that last close to 3 hours, but haven't come up with any yet. If I do, I'll post them here for you.
AFM... Ken and I just got back from visiting our DD in CO. No time for running while we were there, but we did get out for some walks with her dogs a few times. Went back to the gym yesterday morning. Ran 2 miles on the indoor track, then worked out with the weights some. Thinking about getting in an early morning walk today.

Hope all of you are well!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #140
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

In case you haven't seen it yet, Goofy is now 52% full. So if anyone's on the fence about registering, start thinking about which race you want to do. I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks before it fills up but you never know

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #141
es45
DIS Veteran

Once again, work is crazy so I haven't had much time to post.

Am I reading correctly that Mary and I are running ToT? Now if Dave and Sally would extend their trip to the mouse just one more week....

Regina: 16 miles on the TM? Wow! At my gym, where I run on the TM, I have the choice of ESPN or CNN. After a while, they both are excruciatingly boring. I've been listening to music but never thought to add a movie to the mix. Thanks for the great idea and way to go on the distance!

Vicky: Congrats on going Goofy again. Love your fb profile pic.

Robbie: Congrats on the PR!

Kimberly: How are you feeling about your running this week?

Emily: How is the ankle?

AFM: My back is bothering me. Not sure what I did to re-injure it as I woke up one morning in pain. I can already feel that I'm walking differently to compensate so I'm worried that it will aggravate my knee too. My next run is tomorrow and I plan to go; I'll just take it slow. I'm anxious to get back to normal so that I can train for the ToT.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #142
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Todays weather calling for high in the 80’sF, so warmer weather headed your way!

Dave - Have fun at WDW, we will not be there then, our trip will be in October. Take care of the calf and ankle.

Robbie - Thanks for the link to your blog.

Elizabeth - Pixie Dust for the back, take care of it!

Regina - Sounds like you had a good weekend of running!

Mary - How can you have a TM with no TV????? Hope you had a good trip to Colorado.

AFM - Nice day yesterday, we did a 22 mile ride, I was really sore after the ride, but good today, hoping to get out again, but wind has picked up again. Scott made his Maple Spam Donuts this morning for breakfast - good (Vicky, we never found a mini donut pan,so just made them regular sized.) Today we are going for record high of 84F, cooling off after today.

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #143
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Dave: Enjoy your Disney trip! I am sure you will have a restful time, and the lines won't be so long at that time. Take care of the Achilles and calves!

Vicky: Looks like the Marathon Weekend races are filling up faster this year than last. Glad you are signed up now. Looks like "Team Goofy" is well represented. And when Rebecca signs up, we will have an awesome lineup!

Regina: Way to go on 16 miles! The longest TM run I have done was 10.5 miles I think. And I couldn't have done it without my iPad and the movie "X-Men: First Class" to keep me engaged. It was really early so there weren't many people in the gym so it was just me running and running and running..LOL

Emily: Have you tried KT Tape? It might really help with your ankle. Hope you get better soon!

AFM: I did my cardio assessment this morning and did well. My VO2 Max went from 32 last June to 43 today! Very cool! And my heart rates zones are looking good too! After the assessment, I ran another 5K distance at a 9:27/mm pace before hitting the showers. No more running until Friday's 5K and Saturday's HM. I feel ready for both races, hoping to PR both.

Tonight, I have a massage scheduled for my hips, piriformis, and calves. Then I will be relaxed. I am pretty excited for this.

Have a great day everybody!!!
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #144
Saylan
Frosty Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRookie View Post
Vicky: Looks like the Marathon Weekend races are filling up faster this year than last. Glad you are signed up now. Looks like "Team Goofy" is well represented. And when Rebecca signs up, we will have an awesome lineup!
Lol no pressure, right? If they would just give me one more month to save, I've got a check coming to me that would certainly lessen the blow of a Goofy reg., but that 52% is making me nervous...

Oh, and Vicky, I forgot to confirm I'm doing the Inaugural Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon on June 3. Still looking into Midsummer's and a full in the fall (possibly the Azlheimer's in late September, if you care to join me *hint hint*).

Last edited by Saylan; 04-24-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: forgot to add!
Saylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #145
KippWade
Mouseketeer

Hi all!

My back is still doing fine. I had a "lazy" weekend and ended up not running at all.

I did pick up a couple of cheap book shelves for my room and put them together, so I had some physical activity on Saturday.

Sunday I did normal things like mow the lawn and chores around the house.

It was just a cold and overall blah feeling weekend.

Tonight I got back onto the treadmill-o-doom and put in 3.25 miles. Since I couldn't really get into a good rhythm, so I started with a few fartleks.

I did much of my walking at a 4.0 MPH setting and got some of my fartleks up to 5.6 MPH on the treadmill-o-doom! That high speed was only for about 1/5 of a mile.. but still, I was rather proud that I was able to keep up that pace for ANY length of time. I think I managed to get a whole 1/4 mile at a 5.0 pace. That was rough.

I think the biggest surprise was when I loaded the HR data into the site... I only had a max of 169 during the whole workout! I thought for sure with pushing up as high as I did that I'd see a number spike up higher than that. Last year during my 1/2 training I was hitting the 170's quite frequently during my runs.

Once I hit 2 1/4 miles I finally was able to get into a pace and ended up doing 3/4 of a mile at a good steady pace at 4.5 MPH.

Oh, and Friday I got my hair cut. It ended up MUCH shorter than I really wanted it to... but it'll grow. It's been difficult to find a men's hair stylist down here in Indy. I've never been fond of these cheap franchise places. Back where I came from, I went to the same guy for almost 30 years!
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 7, 2012 3:48:49 | Indianapolis Monumental 1/2 Marathon - Nov 3, 2012 3:37:29
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 12, 2013 4:00:29
My Blog - 100 Pounds/1 Year
I'm also on RunKeeper as KippWade!
KippWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #146
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Rick - Good job on the cardio assessment! Good luck on your races!

Kipp - Good job on the workout!

AFM - Got a dog walk in early before it got too hot for them - our thermometer said 83F, don’t know if that broke the record or not. It will be cooling off now. It has been windy, (so what else is new).

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #147
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Hi team!

Lynn - Sounds like you really lucked out with the weather. Sunny and warm! Are you and Scott packed up for Hawaii? I'm still looking for my donut pan. I think I'd probably go with the regular sized one because I'd probably end up eating the mini donuts like peanuts LOL

Kipp - Great job on your run! I'm not a fan on the TM either. Good barbers/hairdressers are hard to find! I guess the problem of haircuts going too short also happens to guys as well

Saylan - I would have loved to postpone my registration for an extra month too. I was just worried that it would fill up. I'm pretty sure you've still got a couple of weeks before it passes 70%. Ooh that would be fun if you're going to do Midsummer's I'll have to let you know about Amhertsburg - it's about a 4.5 hour drive from the city. I thought it would have been closer. Go figure. I'll get you added to the race calendar for Niagara!

Elizabeth - How did your run go? I hope your back is feeling better

Rick - Yes we have quite the "Goofy" team! Hope your massage went well

Tandy/Kim/Mike - Hope things are well with you!

AFM - I worked out at the gym on Monday doing the usual weights and metabolic exercises. I had planned to run yesterday but got sidetracked with a headache. Grr! I suppose it was just as well since it was cold and rainy out.

I'm back at the gym tonight and going to get some work done on my knee as well. Hopefully that will set things straight for the half!

The weather today is finally starting to warm up! The sun is out and the winds have died down. Here's hoping the weekend will be warm

Have a great day everyone!

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #148
Saylan
Frosty Princess

Vicky: I might wait until the 70% mark just in case it does make it to the cut off. I won't wait longer than that though. My mom still thinks I shouldn't do the Goofy. She's trying to convince me not to all the time now.

I really would like to do the Midsummer I think just because it's a good middle distance between a full and a half. I love chunking and it's a good benchmark to chunk with. I should look at the prices and where it is since I just have a vague idea it's not near me, lol.

I just went back and looked at the map for it, and it looks cool. Goes through some historic park and a nature reserve for Ducks Unlimited (which I have adored since I was a kid) but I'll admit I have no concept of where that is in relation to where I am.

I'm still toying with Warrior Dash since I won't be going out to Chicago... My German friend has been poo-pooing that Disney does 'runs' (he wont' even call them races) instead of multi-sport events. Says it's not worth his time, but everyone else thinks he's just covering for the fact he can't do it. He says he'd do the Warrior Dash if it had swimming, lol, so I think he's just finding excuses.

I hope your knee work gets everything right. I am looking forward to the Half, I just wish I could make sure I can get in a couple of short runs at least. My last 'long' run was over 1.5 weeks ago and that makes me very nervous. Plus, I've never run a non-Disney race so I have no idea what to expect! Stupid nerves!

My burn is now a huge red welt with a tinge of beigey-browness. Bleh!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #149
LuzzBightyear
Mouseketeer

Kipp: Good job with the speed workout. Keep doing it and will go further and further at your faster pace. Your heart rate data is saying you are running more efficiently…keep itup!

Rick: Good luck this weekend! Sounds like you are all primed for a great couple of races.

Elizabeth: Hope your back is feeling better

Dave: Not going to WDW in Sep, but I have a friend who went that time a few years ago…you definitely shouldn’t have a problem with line ups

Lynn: Spam donuts? Never heard of that before…is it just as described? Donuts with Spam in it? Interesting…

Regina: I find Lord of the Rings movies good for lasting an entire long treadmill run…I hope to someday run through the all of one of them.

Vicky: Too bad you missed your run, hopefully your knee gets racer ready ASAP.

Rebecca: Definitely keep an eye on it, but the 52% thing was announced two days ago and has not moved since, so I am guessing it was a bunch of eager beavers like me driving the number up quickly…so I am thinking you will be fine waiting a month. As far as not having a long run in 1.5 weeks, I was in the same boat very recently; a flu grounded me two weeks before my race. I had the same fears you are having. The layoff/rest apparently helped as I did very well in the race!

AFM: I am registered for another race. This one is a relay actually. Red Island Relay, on June 2nd

The race consists of 5 legs:
1. 7.75km run (me)
2. 27km bike (friend)
3. 10km run (me)
4. 20km bike (friend)
5. 6km kayak or canoe (both of us)

We did the same race a few years ago and even though we finished in last place in the 2 person division overall, we did not finish last in any individual leg and we beat the times of several 6 person teams. Still, our fitness has improved greatly since then (especially my friend who was really out of shape) so we are hoping for a big improvement.

LuzzBightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #150
windwalker
I need an Adventure

The new ToT race sounds like fun but I'm going the third week in Sept to rest before the State Games that will be held the first week in Oct. I plan to win the race walk and secure my spot on the Ky team for the nationals next year.

I think the marathon will actually fill up this year since it's an special medal, the goofy and the half usually fill before the marathon but this year maybe not.

I did a 10 miler this morning, the first 5 miles were painful till I finally broke up the scar tissue in my tendon that had tightened up. The last 5 were comfortable and even now 12 hours later I still feel better.

I'm seeing an Ortho Dr on Monday to talk about a more permanate solution to that achillies problem that I've been dealing with.

Have a restful evening y'all.

Dave

http://pandaendurance.blogspot.com/

National Senior Olympics June 07
Ranked 9th in 1500m, 8th in 5K

Next Goofy 2012, Second trip to the National Senior Olympics July 2013
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: