Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #31
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Love all the updates!

I'm getting myself some popcorn! That bucket it awesome!

Chuckwagon sounds terrible.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #32
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Day 5 (part one) - Birthday Celebrations and (slight) Disappointment

Well, here we are - the final day! Thank you to anyone who has made it this far.

We woke up early to finish packing (had been too tired to it the night before) and we were out of the room by 08.30am. On our way out we had a quick photocall with Goofy before getting the bus to the village:

We had booked ourself another Character Breakfast - partly as Olivia is character mad but also because we couldn't face visiting the Chuckwagon Cafe again! (With hindsight, I REALLY wish I'd stuck with my guns and gone for breakfast in DLH).

We were shown to a table that was in the conservatory area. As soon as we saw Gepetto, Goofy & Pluto again, my heart sank. It was going to be exacly the same characters as our last visit. But Olivia didn't seem to mind too much:

On our way out I had a word with the lady on the booking desk, we had a lunch reservation and cake booked for Olivia's "birthday" but I didn't want to go back there again if it would the same characters AGAIN! The lady on the desk assured me that they have different characters at lunch than they do at breakfast. So off we went to enjoy our last bit of time in the parks...

As we had pretty much exhausted the Studios we decided to finish our time in DLP. First ride we went on was Phantom Manor - Olivia loved it again, although my Mum seemed to have a million (ok, 2!) bags with her which meant getting on and off the ride was more a struggle than it should be!

We were walking past BTM when Olivia perked up and said "Daddy, if you hold onto me REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY tight I will give BTM another go!". I was very proud of her as we've always taught her to give things a go more than once.

So with Daddy promising to hold her tight, we joined the queue. It was about 30 minutes before we go on the ride but it seemed to move quickly.

Olivia enjoyed the ride at first, but the end bit where you go down in the dark tunnel for what seems like forever really freaked her out and she was in tears again. but she was very proud of herself for trying it again and I bought her a BTM pin for being so brave!

We stopped off for a drink and out of the corner of my eye I saw Rafiki. As these meet and greets weren't publised very much there was hardly anyone queueing for him. So we couldn't pass up that offer!

Just as we were walking away, Baloo and King Louie came out! So we quickly jumped back into the queue to meet them, too:

After the disappointment of breakfast, I was really happy that the parks seemed to be covered in Characters. So many that we didn't have time to see them all!

We had a wonder around the parks a bit more, Olivia was quite tired so didn't want to go on many rides so we just took in the beauty of the park! All of a sudden, the queen of hearts was stood right behind us!

Olivia got her signature and the Queen would not give Olivia her book back until she curtseyed to her! It was very funny!

It was getting near to lunchtime now so I let Olivia choose one last ride to go and it was.... Star Tours of course!

On our way out we stopped by the well for a photo:

And even bumped into Pinocchio:

Next: Day 5 (part 2) - The Finale - Birthday Cake and (almost) being late
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #33
HappyPanda

Phew, this has taken me a lot longer than I was expecting! But here we are.. the finale of my trip report!

Day 5 (part 2) - The Finale - Birthday Cake and (almost) being late

We headed towards Disney village for our 2pm lunch restuarant. Stopping off for a quick pic on the way:

We arrived at Cafe Mickey and the moment I stepped through the door, my heart sank. There was Gepetto, Goofy & Pluto.. the same three characters we had seen on our two character breakfasts.

We got shown to our table, it was right in the centre of the restuarant but still quite secluded from the other tables which was nice.

I felt so disappointed that we had blatently been lied to by the reservations lady that morning. I think I even shed a tear or two. But Olivia wasn't that phased by it so I tried to just smile through it.

Andrew and I shared a pizza and my Mum had fish and chips. Olivia had pasta and meatballs. The food was ok, but nothing really special.

The characters came round and I felt obliged to take more photos even though we'd had photos of them two times previous:

I must say that the character interaction here (for breakfast and lunch) seemed very rushed. The characters would just stand for the photo and run off the next table.

We all finished our food and then it was time for Olivia's (pre) birthday cake to come out.

Even then, when the cake came out with Mickey, Chip & Dale, they just stood there for the photo and then walked off without really paying any attention to Olivia. It just all seemed more of a formality for them than anything else.

After finishing our food we headed back to the village. By now it was about 4pm and our train wasn't until 6. I didn't fancy keeping Olivia entertained in the station for 2 hours so I decided to take her to the studios for a bit whilst Andrew and my Mum went to get the cases.

We bumped into Mickey who was stood all on his own, so had to get another photo with him to keep him busy

Olivia and I then went on Slinky Dog

Just as the ride was about to begin, my phone rang! It was Andrew telling me the queue for check-in was huuuuuuuuuuuge and that it was closing in 30 minutes!

Cue me and Olivia running back out of the studios and across the courtyard to get back to the station. It felt like we were in a film!

We made it just in time and got onto the train with plenty of time to spare!

I drew the short straw and had to sit on the seat next to a stranger (Andrew had done it on the way out!). BUT, there was noone next to me so I actually got two whole seats all to myself! Mwahahahahahahahahaha

After about 15 minutes, I noticed that all was quiet next to me and found two very sleepyheads!

We arrived back in St. Pancras on time and made our way back home.

I can safely say that the trip on the whole was amazing! Little did I know then, that I'd be returning to the magic again in less than 3 months!

I hope you've enjoyed my trip report. I really enjoyed writing it and reliving the magic!

February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
Old 04-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report - Olivia is very cute. Now you need to get planning for the next trip

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #35
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Now you need to get planning for the next trip
Was thinking about starting my PTR for my next trip, but not sure if I want to bore you all with my random musings for the 2nd time in a year!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #36
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

Not sure it is possible to bore us talking about disney

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #37
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Really enjoyed your TR - like Jo says, I don't think you can bore us talking about DLRP

Olivia just looked in total awe most of the trip and on cloud . How excited will she be when she knows she is going again so soon! I'm presuming you haven't told her?

I can't wait to see my DDs faces when we tell them on the morning we go - especially my DD2 as she was only 15 months last time so didn't appreciate it. If I had £1 for every time she asks to go to Disneyland I'd be able to stay in the Castle Club ....

Anyway, enjoy planning your next trip - it will soon be here - how exciting!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #38
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
How excited will she be when she knows she is going again so soon! I'm presuming you haven't told her?

I can't wait to see my DDs faces when we tell them on the morning we go - especially my DD2 as she was only 15 months last time so didn't appreciate it. If I had £1 for every time she asks to go to Disneyland I'd be able to stay in the Castle Club ....
Well, I had planned for it to be a surprise but I just couldn't keep it in this time! I told her a few weeks ago.

I think part of the reason I told her was because it's just me and her going, and she is such a daddy's girl, I wanted to give her enough time to warm to the idea of a girly holiday.

I bet your DDs are going to be soooo excited!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: