Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #61
MaterializedHaunt
Mouseketeer

I collect Disney Match Books. I might take the pictures of my current collection very soon if I get the urge!

- MaterializedHaunt
MaterializedHaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #62
jimm
Earning My Ears

Beside baseball Disney I love the vintage POTC and Haunted Mansion model kits, I have several of the Pirates, will add some HM soon (hopefully, they're NOT cheap)

jimm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #63
MaterializedHaunt
Mouseketeer

Ok this is my most current pictures that I have. I have many many to search for. Always interested in buying different styles and types! If you have feel free to private msg me!

Extras I will be using to sell or trade! (lemme know if you see any you need or will trade for!)

- MaterializedHaunt
MaterializedHaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #64
WI WDWGIRL
Earning My Ears

I started collecting when I was 17..so almost 20 years later I have quite the collection. I have over 30 WDCC pieces, 8 cels, about 12 big snowglobes, TONS of pins, tons of Mickey plush. More recently I have been into finding vintage Disney items, anything I can find really. My last purchase is my Figment holding an icon head Mickey tattoo. But really, who am I fooling? If its Disney, I have to have it..lol
WI WDWGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #65
luvdmouse57
Mouseketeer

I collect anything Mickey Mouse. There are a few items that I have that are other characters but Mickey is my favorite. My whole house is done in Mickey, almost everything I wear has Mickey on it, I have Mickey decorating my yard, my dishes are Mickey. One of my favorites is my 4 foot tall Mickey Mouse that leans against my mailbox! My biggest collections are my Mickey antenna toppers (over 400 at last count), my snowglobes ( 28 large, 8 medium & no idea how many small), my Hallmark Keepsake Mickey ornaments (not sure how many but I have all but one) and my Jim Shore Mickey Mouse (not sure how many of these either. I don't have all of them but I've never counted them. Some of them are only displayed during the holidays). I've taken pictures of them all for insurance purposes intending to post them but never seem to get them there. The cared that the pictures are on ends up in the safety deposit box before I get them to the computer.

Karla
WDW with DH - 2000, 2002, 2005
DLR with DH - 2003, 2007
1998-2002 - CM @ the Disney Store, Wichita, KS

luvdmouse57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #66
queenofpainting
Poor Unfortunate Soul

Bump!

I only own a few pins (~15) of characters/films I enjoy; it has nothing to do with exclusivity or value. But I'm much more avid about collecting other Disney/Pixar items. I'm only 21 and have built up this collection for myself since high school, so I have a long long way to go, but I'm still happy with what I own so far. Honestly, my dream is to fill a small room with my entire collection. I want to paint the walls blue with white clouds like Andy's bedroom and arrange my grey Luxo lamp and star TS ball. I'm also considering making a large-ish model of the Up house with the aid of my dad, who has experience building models from scratch. Okay, I'll stop geeking out now.

- I guess you could say that my biggest collection is my movies. I collect DVDs and blu-rays of Disney/Pixar stuff. "Collect" meaning I will go out of my way to purchase movies I despise or buy multiple copies of a movie to get some exclusive release. I don't actually own every single Disney animation canon film yet (missing a few '40s package features because I've honestly never liked 'em), but that won't cost much to complete. My favorite item is my Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs limited edition collector's set.

- I currently own a few WDCC figurines, but not many because they're so pricey and I'm picky. I have Peter Pan & the Mermaid Lagoon, the Ariel "Seaside Serenade" membership figurine, and Pinocchio with the Blue Fairy. I'm not sure when I'll have money to purchase more, but I am eyeing the new Sally/skeleton tree one and the Wendy Darling piece to accompany my PP one. Maybe something from Bambi or BATB, too.

- I also collect miscellaneous figurines, including some from the parks, some old ceramic ones, big figurines, several snowglobes (I assume people know what these are; they're not actual snowglobes but rather large figurines with perhaps a small water globe component), bookends, and the new line of busts from the Grand Jester series. I LOVE the latter series and plan to focus on buying more of those this summer. Just recently I bought Peter Pan & Maleficent. So cool!

- Admittedly, I have a lot of "cheap" Disney stuff, ranging from blankets to mugs to plush to plastic toy figurines. Keep in mind that I have no children. I just really love Disney!

- I have a couple art books, too, but no more than 10 or so. I definitely would like more "Art of" books for my collection.

WDW trips: 4/2000 offsite, 4/2002 offsite, 9/2005 @ AKL, 8/2006 @ AKL
Upcoming WDW trip: 8/2012 @ AoA TLK suite and hopefully more regular trips after!
Other DP trips: 7/1999 @ DLP

Last edited by queenofpainting; 04-24-2012 at 01:35 PM.
queenofpainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #67
NedsTJ
Only 5.67E+06 feet from MK!

Magic Kingdom Guides

I used to dabble in the pins, really just what I liked and didn't trade what-so-ever, lol. But over the years I began collecting and saving the guide books from Magic Kingdom. I then added to that when i found out my mom had saved a few of the ones from our trips in the 70's and 80's. Lately, however (over the last year or so) I've been hitting up Ebay more and more and adding to the collection. I'm slowly working on a website to display them all, along with the ones I've identified. I have about 40 to date (with about 5 or so in the stack that I need to scan!). You can check it out here (but be warned it's a work still in progress!!):

http://www.nedsplace.com/disney/mkguides.php

I know there are others out there that collect the guides same as I do, as I've bid against (won and lost!) them on Ebay, LOL. I am curious if anyone on here collects them as well. I only focus on the Magic Kingdom as I had to draw the line somewhere!

DisDad #535
Ned's Magic Kingdom Guidebooks from '72-'14

...as well as 12/12, 10/13, 4/14 and coming up 12/14 at GFV!
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

NedsTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #68
HollysTiggers
Earning My Ears

I have a growing collection of Disney dolls, you can see them on my blog here ... http://www.facebook.com/HollysDollys

I also collect Tiggers, I have another blog about them here ... http://www.facebook.com/HollysTiggers

And finally I collect a few Minnie & Mickey Mouse bits, they also have a page at .... http://www.facebook.com/HollysMinnies

I love collecting Disney

<3 Please click on my signature picture to check out my Hollys Dollys Blog, Thanks <3
HollysTiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #69
Markstudy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimm View Post
Beside baseball Disney I love the vintage POTC and Haunted Mansion model kits, I have several of the Pirates, will add some HM soon (hopefully, they're NOT cheap)

Thanks for the pics... I'm thinking of buying a vintage POTC kit myself. I'll have to look up the Haunted Mansion kits... I've never seen those.

Our Best Photos- Trip report scrapbook link-
http://www.panraven.com/newstoryview...storyId=161914
Jan 2009 - Royal Pacific, Sept 2008 - Poly
Oct 2007 - Yacht Club, Jan 2006 - Beach Club (Honeymoon)
Markstudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #70
Clare Marie
Earning My Ears

Wow great collections here is my collection of disney pvc bullyland figures i have about 50

Last edited by Clare Marie; 07-14-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Wrong url
Clare Marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: