Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #31
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

for a second there, i thought we were talking about food.

yum, in n out... *drools*
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Ok , last In and Out for me today.

Im glad we are back, I missed sharin ma goods and bads with youse and I missed hearin about youse and yours.

Love tae ye all and " talk " soon.

oh,and by the way, crazy mad dreams since Lent is ower and Im back on the sweeties...youse have been warned !!!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #33
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Right there with you VICKIE So happy to be back
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadysMom View Post
Things are going good! I am now unemployed so it is hard getting used to being home. Its been 3 weeks now but with the craziness I have been running around like mad! Today is the first real day where I feel like my head is on straight
I'm sorry about your work situation Are you actively looking? Or are you taking some time off for now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss chatting too.

We are fine in the G household. Buddy Mom just passed away and there was way more drama than necessary but I am hoping that we all settle down. Bud is back to work and I am trying to clean up all the papers I have piled all over.
I hope things calm down soon, and that the drama ends ASAP! A death in the family is enough without all the unncessary family antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
I am also here sitting around recovering from surgery again Thanks so much for starting up the new thread I have missed all of you guys.
How long will you be out? I hate being stuck at home like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Quick fly-by Deal alert!!!

William Sonoma Le Creuset chef's oven $129.00 plus free shipping for order $49 and over SHIP4FREE

I guess Mr A is getting me a early Mom's day gift.What a great kid
Great kid for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyShow View Post
I'm here too!

First day back at school after April vacation and my ironing pile is huge.

Missed you guys!
I was just thinking about you! Glad you checked in.

I can't even remember the last time I ironed... DH irons all the time, though. I just embrace the wrinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Hey, everyone! I'm here, too!

Things with us are just about the same, except we are contemplating a move to southern Utah at this time next year. Alan's been offered a job there, that sounds really good. He's got to finish up some schooling first, but if everything goes well, we'll be moving. I'm thrilled, as it means I'll be in the same town as my dad, and will be able to take care of him! His health is worrying me, and I don't like the fact that he's all alone.

In happier news, I now have my plane ticket for my London trip in August!!! I'm beyond excited about it! I will be alone for the first week, as Alan will be working at the Olympics, so I'll be playing tourist all by myself for a week. After that, we are taking a few days together, so Alan can see some sights.

That's about all the news on my front! Hopefully, we can all get our groove back, here!
Wow, what an awesome opportunity!! I will pray for discernment as you consider the new possibility.

And, I'm super jealous of your London trip. What an opportunity of a lifetime!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HAT View Post
I'm in......Hellooooooo friends, Oh, how I've missed you!
I'm going to try and at least pop "In and Out" each day, if only for a wave!!

Life is busy, but good. Dock season is in full swing, so Kris is right out straight, Ross (as always) has a million things going on, with drama being one of them. I have volunteered my time as costume/hair/make-up/prop director for the next 3 years, so with 3 productions a year, my spare time is doing laundry and housework! Wouldn't change it for anything, and I'm very grateful to be able to be involved and give back to the performing arts program at our school!
I did theater in high school and LOVED it. Hours and hours of work but it was such a great community of friends. Awesome you're helping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
We are doing good. Pretty uneventful here lately. A is busy with baseball. His first game was supposed to be tonight but the weather is crappy so they cancelled it. It has been raining but it was supposed to snow! T is awesome and a handful. Big T has been traveling more lately but he is good.

I am the same. Still training for this marathon in Sept. Being off my meds in Feb threw me off a bit though so I started a running program. Now I need to get my diet in order and all will be good. I think being off my meds slowed down my metabolism big time.

I am glad to be chatting with you all again...Hugs to all!
Good luck on the marathon training! A lot of our friends have gotten into running and I've pondered starting a Couch to 5K program. Course, I haven't gotten past the pondering stage!

Regarding SeaWorld, I've only been to the San Antonio location and - as much of a Disney snob that I am - it is a ton of fun. I'm not sure the differences between the locations, though.

Marisa, thanks for starting the thread!

Things aren't great in our world but the end is near. I hope to have an update soon... but it may just get shared on FB I hope y'all understand why.

We recently had a great 7 night that turned into 9 night trip to Orlando. The 14ish tornados that flew through DFW meant canceled flights. I posted tons of pics on FB and also did a food blog entry on my recipe blog.

YAY for someplace to check in daily!!!
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #35
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Hello to all of the ladies whom I adore.

I hope I can pop in even though there are a few faces I don't recognize.

And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
MrsHerbie53
Disney Dreamin'!

Hey Gang! Good to see everyone here. I'm not on here as often, but I'd like to try more... As you can see below, I really should be packing...lots to do. I think I did 10 loads of laundry this weekend!!!

IN and OUT in a DAY!!!!!

LUV it!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #37
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

This will be my last in and out for today. I finally have a few minutes to reply to everyone!

Marisa – Thanks so much for starting this thread! Boy do I envy you, staying home and not working. My work situation is really bad. I was asked to take a huge pay cut or doubled workload, no choice there, unless I win the lottery.

Janice – I have missed you so much. You must be so proud of your boy, he sounds like a go getter!

Nan – I was so sad to hear of the passing of Buddy’s Mom. My prayers were and are still with y’all.

Lauri – I know you’re bored but you can’t push it, take care my friend.

Ellen – How are the babies??????

Michelle – How is Zachy doing?

Vickie – Can’t wait to hear all about those dreams of yours!

Wendie – Busy is definitely good! I have missed you.

Lauren – My phone died this afternoon, just saw your text, we’ll talk soon. I haven’t been to Seaworld but would love to go one day! I miss you and the guys terribly. Good luck to A with baseball! Kyle’s season ends this coming weekend.

Aimee – I was so relieved to hear you were in WDW when the tornadoes hit. It was amazing there were no deaths. Thank God y’all made out well.

Jen – So glad to “see you” here! Of course you can pop in. I would love to hear updates on you, Uncle R and your family! Miss y'all!!!!

Julie – Have a great trip!

Out for the day......
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #38
THE HAT
I admit it, I'm a gum smacker!
I can't make jell-o. There. I said it.
keep peepin' on the poo for us!

In one last time...just had to say I'm so freakin' excited to have the gang back and posting!! I know we have our group on fb as well, but this is where Mickey brought us from disers, to friends, to family!!!

Glynis-- I'm sure Kady is a bit nervous on the change, but she is such a mature young lady, and you and Alan have raised the kids to know how important family is. I'm sure she won't be the only new freshman. I'm very excited for you all!

Aimee--I'm so happy to see you here!! I loved your pics from vacation, and like Kat said, I was grateful you were away when the storms hit TX!. I'm anxious for things to smooth out for you, please keep us posted either here or fb!

Kat-- how fun to play tour guide with Gretchen!! I know it's a ways away, but in 4 years (eek, that isn't that far) Kris is taking me to F&W for my empty nest trip, I will have to match my dates with yours!!

Lauren--I really need to get my (big) butt in gear and lose some of the weight I gained through my grief these past few years. You are an inspiration!! We did Seaworld a few years ago, if you go in with the mind set that it isn't Disney, then it is quite fun! I agree with A, lil T will have a blast!

Julie-- get packing girl! Have a great trip!

And with that last post....I'm out!

popcentury jan 2005 jan 2007 ASSportsDec2007
CBRFeb2009
THE HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:20 AM   #39
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Mornin....

Runnin to work so I will be be back " In " later.

Have a gid day lassies.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #40
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

In for the first time today!

Lauren- Kady wants to go to Seaworld. Buddy wants to do something with her this summer and she is planning her "surprise" trip for him. I had been looking there but was floored after she did some research and came up with Seaworld as her preferred destination. I am also checking into Discovery Cove. It has been a few years since I went to SW and that was in San Diego but I bet A and T will love it there! Now to just get Bud to focus..........and he cannot lately

Wendie- I have been trying to follow your theater work and it seems to be exhausting but I know it is also rewarding.

Glynis- Better to make the move when Katie is a Freshman rather than later. Buddy and I got married when Marisa was going into her Junior year and she absolutely refused to move.

Kat- I am so upset that you are overwhelmed at work! That company mindset just boggles my mind. I understand that there are times when everyone needs to step up but once you cross that threshhold of what is reasonable in a day all bets are off. Folks just burnout! Take care of yourself!

Julie- I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a vacation so bad and it is almost impossible to move Buddy lately. I think that is when you need it most. Have a great time!

Jen- Of course you can dash in and out!

Nola has school today so we are out early. I have to get those carseats back in before the two little Hurricanes get here. Cute story.......Nola is a girlygirl and she came all dressed in her "pinkalicious" gown yesterday. I guess Welby had to bribe her to get it off the night before . Anyway she told me it was her Dad's birthday and she was calling him King Triton! I made sure I told her that this King was a fitting Daddy for a beautiful Princess
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #41
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Quick check to say Good Morning. I have to get A to the bus stop.

Thank you all for the info on Seaworld! T told me last night we may have to change our dates but with baseball, football and DVC availability it will be tough. Darn work!

Anyone else suffering with allergies? I have been suffering on an off since before Easter. I have been self medicating but I think its time to go to the Dr.

Have a great day! BBL
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #42
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHerbie53 View Post
Hey Gang! Good to see everyone here. I'm not on here as often, but I'd like to try more... As you can see below, I really should be packing...lots to do. I think I did 10 loads of laundry this weekend!!!

IN and OUT in a DAY!!!!!

LUV it!
You missed a few loads

Good morning all!

Glad some of the old "faces" popped in! I missed you guys

Mr A has the junior yr lazies. I have to remind him to get moving I hope this is not a new thing with him but a passing faze.

I need to jump in the shower and get moving be back later
Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #43
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
In one last time...just had to say I'm so freakin' excited to have the gang back and posting!! I know we have our group on fb as well, but this is where Mickey brought us from disers, to friends, to family!!!

Kat-- how fun to play tour guide with Gretchen!! I know it's a ways away, but in 4 years (eek, that isn't that far) Kris is taking me to F&W for my empty nest trip, I will have to match my dates with yours!!
Wendie, I feel the same way, the Mouse brought us all together and it feels good to be back here again.

You'd better let me know what your dates will be for F&W!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Kat- I am so upset that you are overwhelmed at work! That company mindset just boggles my mind. I understand that there are times when everyone needs to step up but once you cross that threshhold of what is reasonable in a day all bets are off. Folks just burnout! Take care of yourself!
It's a mess of a situation. We are a small credit union and like other small businesses we're struggling. They want me to start full time marketing and promotions in addition to what I already do and I just don't think I can do it.

Quote:
Anyone else suffering with allergies? I have been suffering on an off since before Easter. I have been self medicating but I think its time to go to the Dr.
I have. I was up until 2 this morning sneezing and I stay congested all day. I may have to go the Dr. route but haven't decided to yet.

Out for now, be back in later!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #44
MickeyShow
Living the Magic

Popping in...

Marisa- how are you enjoying being home? Maybe we should try to meet up sometime.

Janice- is law something A wants to pursue. I was actually "inspired" from model UN in high school.

Nan- glad you're starting to be able to come up for air after last week.

Ellen- I know I said it on facebook but I'm so happy you got your little princess! I love hearing how much fun you're having with all the kids. And your kids are so lucky to have such supportive and helpful parents.

Wendie- good to "see" you. Let me know the next time you guys venture down to MA.

Julie- Have a great trip!

Kat- I've so been there before at work where I have no choice but to accept unfair conditions because I need the job. Big hugs because its a horrible feeling.

Lauren/Kat- I've been thinking of both of you because Zachy starts his little league career on Thursday1

Aimee- I've been meaning to tell you that I made the bbq chicken pasta off your blog a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit. I'm so glad you're keeping that going. I've been a bad friend because I keep meaning to check in with you.

Hi to everyone else I missed! I'll try to get everyone else later.

As for me I'm doing well. I'm just about starting my 3rd trimester. The little guy is definitely far more active than my laid back Zachy every was. I'm also starting to have a little more trouble getting comfortable at night, leg cramps, etc. But I'm absolutely thrilled! As for Zachy he is so excited to be getting a baby brother. Of course he is expecting a playmate and will be a little surprised at what a newborn is really like. He's turning 5! in 2 weeks. I can't believe it. I have him home 2 days a week and am absolutely savoring my alone time with him. He'll be going to full day kindergarten in the fall. Its the best choice for him because he is bored at home but I'm an absolute wreck. Last week was spring vacation and he and I went to Vermont by ourselves for 3 days.

Today is a day he is home so we're off to a music class we take together, then home to bake banana bread, and bowling the afternoon. I also have closets and cabinets to organize... try to contain your excitement at that one.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #45
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm in......Hellooooooo friends, Oh, how I've missed you!
I'm going to try and at least pop "In and Out" each day, if only for a wave!!

Life is busy, but good. Dock season is in full swing, so Kris is right out straight, Ross (as always) has a million things going on, with drama being one of them. I have volunteered my time as costume/hair/make-up/prop director for the next 3 years, so with 3 productions a year, my spare time is doing laundry and housework! Wouldn't change it for anything, and I'm very grateful to be able to be involved and give back to the performing arts program at our school!

Marisa-- are you looking for another job, or enjoying some time off for now?

Enjoy your day ladies!! I'm out....
I am enjoying the time at home but I dont seem to get anything done.... I am not looking for another job right now but I want to start school in September. My severance takes me through until August 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Marisa - Sad to hear that was an old ticker. One year, hopefully, we'll get to meet.
I would love to go to NOLA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albort View Post
for a second there, i thought we were talking about food.

yum, in n out... *drools*
Hi WELCOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
Ok , last In and Out for me today.

Im glad we are back, I missed sharin ma goods and bads with youse and I missed hearin about youse and yours.

Love tae ye all and " talk " soon.

oh,and by the way, crazy mad dreams since Lent is ower and Im back on the sweeties...youse have been warned !!!
I am glad you are back! I have missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
I'm sorry about your work situation Are you actively looking? Or are you taking some time off for now?

Things aren't great in our world but the end is near. I hope to have an update soon... but it may just get shared on FB I hope y'all understand why.

We recently had a great 7 night that turned into 9 night trip to Orlando. The 14ish tornados that flew through DFW meant canceled flights. I posted tons of pics on FB and also did a food blog entry on my recipe blog.

YAY for someplace to check in daily!!!
I hope the end is near and when you feel its ok, i will love to hear your update

I am glad you guys werent near the tornados!!! I guess Orlando is a better place to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Hello to all of the ladies whom I adore.

I hope I can pop in even though there are a few faces I don't recognize.

I am so glad we are all back in one place again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHerbie53 View Post

IN and OUT in a DAY!!!!!

LUV it!
I do laundry but I have no trip on the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Marisa – Thanks so much for starting this thread! Boy do I envy you, staying home and not working. My work situation is really bad. I was asked to take a huge pay cut or doubled workload, no choice there, unless I win the lottery.
This kind of all happened and it seems to be for the better. My severance takes me through the entire summer. I have never been home before like this. I even had to cut my maternity leave early because I got called back... So I want to go back to school and this is the kick in the pants that I needed But atleast for now the pocketbook isnt affected and I get more time with Kady

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
Mornin....

Runnin to work so I will be be back " In " later.

Have a gid day lassies.
Morning!

Quote:
Quick check to say Good Morning. I have to get A to the bus stop.

Thank you all for the info on Seaworld! T told me last night we may have to change our dates but with baseball, football and DVC availability it will be tough. Darn work!

Have a great day! BBL
I am dying with my allergies. This sucks!! I take Zyrtec but some days I still have a headache and congestion. Kady is hit hard this year too. She had a migraine last night and I wonder if its allergy related.

I love Sea World! I hope you can get time in between sports and work to go!!!

I have to get off the computer and start moving!!! I have lots to do today and I have a Relay for Life meeting tonight. Nan is coming over today and I am watching Rylee for a bit. I think I will take that little terror with me to the grocery store. Thats about all I can handle with her. She's a handful. Atleast shes cute!!!

Have a great day everyone and I will check in later.

OH!! I forgot: Dinner tonight is Pork chops, roasted brussel sprouts, steamed broccoli, and stuffing
October 2007: Caribbean Beach
December 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
KadysMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: