Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #91
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Last year, we were about 6 doors down, but across the hall. And when you have an inside cabin, "across the hall" means a BALCONY!!!!

Everyone told us that there was no way we could go from a balcony cabin, to an inside cabin. "You're spoiled now!" "No way will you be happy inside." "You'll be clausterphobic!"

And you know what? They were all WRONG!!!!!

We had absolutely ZERO issues with an inside cabin!!! It was perfect for us! And when we think that the difference in price would allow us to cruise more often? No brainer!!!

I agree - my first cruise I had a balcony room. My second cruise I didn't and I love it simply for the fact that it forced me to leave the room to eat, watch arrivals and departures from ports, get involved with activities. I was also cruising solo when I went with the interior room so it was great that I got out and met people.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #92
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Love the update

The only problem with reading your updates, is that I when I'm done reading, I want more. Ahhh such is life. Love the great wit - thanks for continuing to share your experiences with us.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #93
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last year, we were about 6 doors down, but across the hall. And when you have an inside cabin, "across the hall" means a BALCONY!!!!

Everyone told us that there was no way we could go from a balcony cabin, to an inside cabin. "You're spoiled now!" "No way will you be happy inside." "You'll be clausterphobic!"

We had absolutely ZERO issues with an inside cabin!!! It was perfect for us! And when we think that the difference in price would allow us to cruise more often? No brainer!!!
This was on deck 6 right?

Glad to get your take on an inside stateroom! That is what we will have next time too...although with one of them new fangled vir-choo-all portholes.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #94
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
The only problem with reading your updates, is that I when I'm done reading, I want more. Ahhh such is life. Love the great wit - thanks for continuing to share your experiences with us.

Me too! Same thoughts.

kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #95
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

okay feeling better that they tell you how to deal with those rare caribbean Icebergs....lol

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #96
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great pics of the ship so far! I agree, I have no problem with an inside cabin, I mean, a balcony or window is nice but most of the time the price is SO much higher, I'd rather save the $$.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #97
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I agree - my first cruise I had a balcony room. My second cruise I didn't and I love it simply for the fact that it forced me to leave the room to eat, watch arrivals and departures from ports, get involved with activities. I was also cruising solo when I went with the interior room so it was great that I got out and met people.
I was so nervous, after everything I'd heard, but I've learned to trust my own opinions.... just like when people told me "you can't even feel it" with regard to being on a ship.... uh, yes you can!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
I'll be bach. Or bethoven..... but I'll be back.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
This was on deck 6 right?

Glad to get your take on an inside stateroom! That is what we will have next time too...although with one of them new fangled vir-choo-all portholes.
Yup, deck 6.... On the Fantasy for NYE, 2013, they have not released any of them thar vir-choo-all porthole rooms, so we have a REAL porthole room right now.... Funny that the interior rooms are MORE than the outside rooms!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Me too! Same thoughts.

kate
Bethoven, Bach, Vivaldi......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
okay feeling better that they tell you how to deal with those rare caribbean Icebergs....lol
Well, ya never know!!! Just remember, the Titanic was "unsinkable."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great pics of the ship so far! I agree, I have no problem with an inside cabin, I mean, a balcony or window is nice but most of the time the price is SO much higher, I'd rather save the $$.
I couldn't agree more! I'd gladly take an upgrade if it was offered to me, but not worth it for me to pay for it.....

Now we do have an aft view balcony reserved on RCI next year and THAT I am really looking forward to!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #98
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Glad you liked your inside room. I was wanting to know. We have a balcony for our June cruise out of NYC but we booked a inside on the Dream for next June.

I wish we had done the Facebook page for the cruise last year - we would have gotten to know each other beforehand and would have hung out. Next time! There is still room on the June 2nd cruise. I know you want to do it.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #99
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh wow! I didn't realize your cruise was the one with the Fantasy! HOW FUN!!! I can't wait to see the video and pictures!

Good to know you went from the Verandah to the Inside without any problems! I can see us taking advantage of some Inside rates on future cruises as well - it can save a bundle!

I see Kristi mentioned the June 2 cruise. There is still LOTS of room! Come join us!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #100
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:

I was worried that it wouldn't be as "magical" the second time, but it was. It really really was just as magical!!!
i have so many comments that arent appropriate i want to say.. lol so for now ill just say "THATS WHAT SHE SAID"

And then I saw Dana and Karrieanne clapping for the McSparklesons!!!! I'm just glad Karrieanne was finally packed!

And I'm a planner. I think we've all established that fact, right? So when folks were posting that they had not even begun to pack the week before the cruise, I started getting nervous. I mean, I was packd, suitcases closed, locked and ready to roll......
I knew we had a lot of thing in common
So I could have.... THIS!

THATS MY GIRL!

Our steerage cabin.....
you cant be steerage you were on deck 6, ... try deck 1.. I thought they were going to have us row we were so low

I dont know.. I did inside, then balcony and Im not sure i could go back to a none sunlight room. That is the only way I would sleep the day away cuz if its pitch black i can sleep in.

When I say we went steerage, I mean, not only did we give up the balcony, we also gave up the split bath. The split bath is two SEPARATE areas, one with shower and sink, the other with toilet and sink, so it makes it much easier for a family to get ready.....
and with 2 girls and only 1 bath. ok you were totally roughing it!

Well, because I'm a conscientious rule breaker.... I bought the jumbo size ziplocks and packed a case of water IN the ziplock, then in the suitcase, and then padded it with my over the door shoe holder (to hold toiletries), my fish extender, some hats, and a couple pair of shoes..... So I felt pretty safe that our water would not burst, and if a bottle or two did crack, it would be secure in the ziplock......
So did any break?

Up next, Mickey and friends sail away, and "epic horn battle" with the Fantasy!!!!

cant wait I watched you sail while at work (SHHHH lol) and it was so neat to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
and as long as you find a door your ok.. HECK if Rose would have moved over there was ton of space for Jack to lay... see!!!! ill share a door when we cruise Laura....
Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #101
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Glad you liked your inside room. I was wanting to know. We have a balcony for our June cruise out of NYC but we booked a inside on the Dream for next June.

I wish we had done the Facebook page for the cruise last year - we would have gotten to know each other beforehand and would have hung out. Next time! There is still room on the June 2nd cruise. I know you want to do it.
Kristi, I totally agree!!!! No can do this summer, I have to back off on vacays for awhile..... We started a "three year project" in the backyard, and Jeff decided, what the heck, let's just get it all done now! So we expanded our patio from 300 sq ft to 1100!!! And added an outdoor kitchen/bar area, plus landscaping.... Oh, and the car is STILL in the shop! And the tractor is not running right.... It just keeps getting better and better.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh wow! I didn't realize your cruise was the one with the Fantasy! HOW FUN!!! I can't wait to see the video and pictures!

Good to know you went from the Verandah to the Inside without any problems! I can see us taking advantage of some Inside rates on future cruises as well - it can save a bundle!

I see Kristi mentioned the June 2 cruise. There is still LOTS of room! Come join us!!!
I didn't realize you were cruising with Kristi and Steve!!! Watch out for little ones in the bars at night.... That Kristi just lets her kid run wild!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
cant wait I watched you sail while at work (SHHHH lol) and it was so neat to watch.

and as long as you find a door your ok.. HECK if Rose would have moved over there was ton of space for Jack to lay... see!!!! ill share a door when we cruise Laura....
That is hysterical Drea!!!!!

Did you actually see us on sailaway???? I don't think my parents saw us, it's kind of grainy..... I was the devastatingly beautiful woman, standing next to Jeff and Ally.....

Me >>>>>

Ally >>>>

Jeff >>>>

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #102
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Ohhh, was that large delicious looking drink a Bahama Mama? Let's get the party started.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #103
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Ooohh!! Your Big-Girl-Drink looks yummy! Do you remember what it was?

Good to know that you didn't miss the balcony. We're in the infancy stages of planning out first ever cruise for (probably) 2015...(maybe 2014 if I can convince the BF to do Hawaii and a Disney Cruise all in one year... ) and I'm in love with the idea of a balcony room...but they ARE expensive. I'm thinking that since we don't know when/if we'll ever do another cruise, I might just suck it up and go with the balcony but it would be nice to save the money... decisions, decisions.
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #104
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kristi, I totally agree!!!! No can do this summer, I have to back off on vacays for awhile..... We started a "three year project" in the backyard, and Jeff decided, what the heck, let's just get it all done now! So we expanded our patio from 300 sq ft to 1100!!! And added an outdoor kitchen/bar area, plus landscaping.... Oh, and the car is STILL in the shop! And the tractor is not running right.... It just keeps getting better and better.....

Outdoor kitchen sounds great! You will have to post picture when it is all done.

I didn't realize you were cruising with Kristi and Steve!!! Watch out for little ones in the bars at night.... That Kristi just lets her kid run wild!!!!

Hey now - you are going to give me a bad rep! At least Shawn was attracted to your McSparkleson Charm and you were able to get him back to me .
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #105
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Madame Karajeboo - you positively crack me up. I should be working right now. But I'm not. I'm reading and I'm laughing. I'm wishing I was sipping a Bahama Mama. And I'm getting excited about my upcoming cruise. I LOVE your TRs. Can't wait for the rest. I'm never going to get any work done...

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: