Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which CL has the best food?!!
AKL 4 7.84%
WL 9 17.65%
CR 0 0%
POLY 10 19.61%
GF 15 29.41%
BC 6 11.76%
YC 4 7.84%
BWI 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Spoisal
DIS Veteran

Club Level: Who has the best FOOD?

Let's face it, to some of us it is about the food. Everything else aside, which CL has the best food? This isn't about atmosphere, friendly CMs, size of the lounge, or any of that ...just food!

Jan 2002 - CR/WL
Jan 2003 - WL
May 2003 - CBR
Nov 2005 - POP
Nov 2008 - POR
Jan/Feb 2011 - BC CL
April 2014 - CSR
Spoisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I voted for the Old Faithful Club...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoisal View Post
Let's face it, to some of us it is about the food. Everything else aside, which CL has the best food? This isn't about atmosphere, friendly CMs, size of the lounge, or any of that ...just food!
Out of my CL experiences which include: YC, CR (Atrium Club), BWI and WL, by far, WL has the most varied selection. There are usually 2-3 hot appetizers which change nightly and there are many cold appetizers, too. Here is a partial listing of some of the evening offerings:

Chicken skewers, ancho chili chicken skewers, salmon chowder, satay, venison meatballs, venison spring rolls, duck pot stickers, pulled-pork shooters, bacon-wrapped scallops, crab rangoon… They also always have a tasty variety of cold items such as arugula salad, potato and bean salad, buffalo salad, tomato caprese, antipasto platter, crudités, cheeses, hummus, baba ganoush, sun dried tomato pesto, bleu ranch dip, turkey and cheese roll-ups, PBJ shooters, breads…

For breakfast they always have cut-up fresh fruit, including delicious fresh pineapple every morning. Apples and bananas are also out all the time. They also have fresh chocolate chip and blueberry muffins, croissants, pastries such as cinnamon buns, cereals, bagels (with cream cheese, jelly and peanut butter), yogurt, and oatmeal (only seasonally).

Every evening a delicious cobbler is available. Usually it's an apple, peach or berry cobbler. There are also Magic Bars, brownies and cookies and the portion sizes are generous. All the food is always replenished quickly, even right up to closing time.

I've never stayed RPC/SL, but from what I have read and seen, they offer a great variety of foods and have items other lounges don't, such as scones and cold meats at breakfast.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
rubysparkles
Mouseketeer

Wow I really want to stay WL Club Level now... That sounds delish.
rubysparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
bowbat
DIS Veteran

We've stayed CL at the Contemporary, Poly, BWI & GF (Sugar Loaf). Of those, GF had the best/most plentiful food offerings. Breakfast had sliced meats & cheeses, oatmeal & toppings, and yogurt in addition to a wide selection of pastries & cereals & such. The mid-day snacks included roasted veggies & dip and flatbreads in addition to the typical chips, cookies & gummies. GF also offers a daily tea time snack of coffee & tea (obvs) plus scones & banana bread & trifles. And their evening offerings were fabulous -- just the best variety we've seen.

That said, it wasn't my favorite CL. The lounge was always really busy & crowded and we never felt like we could just relax there. If we returned to GF, I'd want to stay RPC, as they have the same food offerings but a larger, more relaxed lounge area.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Babette01
Earning My Ears

The Royal Palm Court Lounge at the Grand Floridian is - in my opinion - serving the best food!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Having only stayed CL at GF and WL, my vote is for GF RPC/SL (both have the same offerings), with WL CL running a very close second . GF CL has sliced meats, cheeses, etc. during breakfast, which I think is a great addition to everything else. Other than that, I would rank GF and WL right up there together as they are both awesome with great offerings throughout the day .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
WDW LifeLong Fan
DIS Veteran

We've been to all of them, and all have their merits.

Best CM's = BWI
Best Food = GF RPC
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
DVC Sadie
Those mashed taters are sounding good about now
The more they are washed the softer they get

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
We've stayed CL at the Contemporary, Poly, BWI & GF (Sugar Loaf). Of those, GF had the best/most plentiful food offerings. Breakfast had sliced meats & cheeses, oatmeal & toppings, and yogurt in addition to a wide selection of pastries & cereals & such. The mid-day snacks included roasted veggies & dip and flatbreads in addition to the typical chips, cookies & gummies. GF also offers a daily tea time snack of coffee & tea (obvs) plus scones & banana bread & trifles. And their evening offerings were fabulous -- just the best variety we've seen.

I have to agree!
DVC Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at WL, GF, Poly, AKL, Yacht Club & the BWI All club levels.

Hard to say for me as I like both the WL & the BWI> However I would have to say WL as it had more that I could eat due to my allergies*. Second would be BWI.

* yes they knew about my allergies beforehand & only the WL went the extra miles to make sure I had something to eat The others said it would be too much trouble. This coming from we do everything for their guests that has allergies lol.
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
mmmears
DIS Veteran

We've tried CL at YC, BC, AKL, Poly, and the GF.

I pick the GF for best food offerings since there is protein at breakfast (cold cuts), a good mid-day snack with veggies, dips, and little sandwiches, and tea in the afternoon with scones and Devonshire cream. I actually didn't love the dinner appetizers all that much compared to other resorts, but the GF is the only one that has something good to snack on in the middle of the day (other than chips, goldfish, and gummy candies).

ETA: My family votes for AKL as our second choice. Always had hot oatmeal in the morning, the amazing espresso machine, afternoon tea with scones and cookies. And great food at dinnertime.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *

Last edited by mmmears; 04-23-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added something...
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

I have tried GF, Poly, BWI, AKL and WL and by far my favorite is WL.

So far they have the best evening offerings.
I agree with previous post that the cold cuts at GF for breakfast are nice, but the evening offerings were just ok.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
Mrs K
Mouseketeer

Maybe we just hit a bad week, but we were a little disappointed by the food at the GF. We were in SL last July. Having meats at breakfast was nice, but the Poly was better in the evening.

Dixilandings 1994
Poly 1997,'98,'99,'01,'02,'03,'04,'06,'07,'09
Grand Floridian July 2011, Back to the Poly June 2013, Trying the Beach Club March 2014
Mrs K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Spoisal
DIS Veteran

It figures! The 3 I am trying to decide between are the 3 front-runners! LOL!

Jan 2002 - CR/WL
Jan 2003 - WL
May 2003 - CBR
Nov 2005 - POP
Nov 2008 - POR
Jan/Feb 2011 - BC CL
April 2014 - CSR
Spoisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoisal View Post
It figures! The 3 I am trying to decide between are the 3 front-runners! LOL!
Guess we're not much help to you then! In all honesty, though, these things are so subjective that what is one person's favorite could easily be something another person doesn't care for.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
WDW LifeLong Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs K View Post
Maybe we just hit a bad week, but we were a little disappointed by the food at the GF. We were in SL last July. Having meats at breakfast was nice, but the Poly was better in the evening.
That's why I didn't mention GF-SL in my earlier post, only GF-RPC.

The selection seems to be hit or miss at SL.
(Also, it can get REALLY crowded in SL at times....)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: