Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Unhappy St Pancras Eurostar and Tube Help Please :)

Hi guys,

I wondered if anyone could offer us some help...

My friend and I are coming from Lichfield and Cardiff respectively to catch a Eurostar at St Pancras at 9.21am. I have never used Eurostar before, so I have no idea how it works.

We have a bit of a pickle in terms of getting into London early enough, and I wish we had booked the 10.21 instead now, but hey-ho, what can you do once it's booked Will just have to work something out...

So I'm going to catch a bus to Victoria Coach Station - I can arrive at the coach station at 7.30am. I'd then have to walk over to Victoria tube station, catch the tube to King's Cross/St Pancras (I believe) and then get to wherever you need to go to check in etc.. Do you think this would be enough time?

How far away is all the Eurostar stuff from the St Pancras tube station?

There is a bus that also gets in at 6.20am for me though, so if that was not possible I could get that bus. Just wondering though because it's 3x the price...

Anyhow re: my friend, the earliest train that get's into London Euston from Lichfield gets in at 7.50. I understand that Euston tube is the next stop along from KC/St Pancras tube stop, but we guess this is cutting it fine? So again, was just wondering how far from St Pancras tube stuff to the Eurostar check in or whatever it's called (and how far from where you disembark the mainland trains coming into Euston and Euston tube stop)...

If so, she'll have to wait at 4 hours at Birmingham between her train getting in from Lichfield to her next train then leaving for London.

Sorry for the long-winded question! I would be grateful for any help anyone can offer

Thanks
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
Kittina
Mouseketeer

I would say that you will be ok, but you are cutting it a bit fine as you can never predict traffic, signal failures and how busy the tube is at 8am (VERY) and victoria is one of the busiest stations. Unless it's a weekend? it will be better then

Wouldn't it be best for you both to get a hotel the night before? You can get some very cheap travelodge rooms in Kings cross that are a 5/10 min walk away from the station, that might be an idea? I would do that because it would be far less stressful that worrying about traffic and fighting your way through the tubes at rush hour.

In regards to the eurostar in st pancras the tube is a little bit of a walk, about 5 mins and the overground trains are just upstairs and it's not very far at all.. i[m not sure where they are in Euston though, sorry.

WDW Split stay Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Villas booked April 2013 !!
Kittina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

The £9 kings cross tune hotel offer might cover your dates?

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
BethEJo

Thanks for such a quick reply

I forgot to mention that we are going August 10, so Olympics. Blerg. That makes a hotel out of the question unfortunately. Kings Cross Travelodge showing up at £189.

That's just made the decision for me - my friend will have to wait and I'll get the earlier bus. We should be there in plenty of time then. Luckily our first day is going to be the 'lazy' day! Thanks again!!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

I would say leave as early as possible, we only live 45 mins away from St. Pancras by tube, but we had a nightmare journey getting there which took us nearly 2 hours!

Travelling in London is so unpredictable, but the earlier you can do your travelling the less busy it will be and (hopefully) less chance of you being delayed.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #6
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post

I forgot to mention that we are going August 10, so Olympics. Blerg. That makes a hotel out of the question unfortunately. Kings Cross Travelodge showing up at £189.
Just priced up the Kings Cross Tune hotel for one night on the 9th and it's coming up at £99 (for a double though - twin is slightly more!).

Might be worth looking into as it would definitely save you the worry and hassle of having to get up so early.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #7
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

I would definately get there as early as you can if you are going during the Olympics, the road networks are going to be a nightmare for everyone due to them have the traffic lights sequences changing to only letting a couple of vehicles through every change & lots of roads are going to be no right or left turns. Traffic will be heaving unless many avoid the area.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:16 AM   #8
Kittina
Mouseketeer

wow yes, if it's the Olympic time I would get there way earlier! the tubes are open from 5.30am ish should be OK at this time. 8am on a week day+ rush hour + olympics= !!

WDW Split stay Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Villas booked April 2013 !!
Kittina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
BethEJo

Thanks all! Better to be safe than sorry.

Have looked into the Travelodge in Redhill for the night before - £32.50 for the night and £20 return train to get out of central London to Redhill and then back to St Pancras the next morning.

Think that may be our best bet

Thanks again
Old 04-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

To answer your bit about Euston Station - the tube entrance is inside the station. You dont need to leave the station. There is an escalator down which is often very busy as only one is open at the moment as they are repairing/upgrading or whatever.

Its about 10-15 mins walk from Euston station to Pancras. I usually do this rather than fight on the tube for one station. Its nice to get outside and get some fresh air and stretch my legs after being on a train for 2 hours and is often as quick as trying to get to the tube. Let me know if you need walking directions.

Also make sure you have your tube ticket before hand if possible as this will save time. If your friend books from her starting point to St Pancras rather then to Euston her train ticket will be valid on the underground as well but sometimes this works out more expensive
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL; Dec 13 - DLP SL, Dec 14 - DLP DLH

A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
smallpig
Mouseketeer

Don't know if it will help, but this site has loads of info on the busiest stations during the Olympics - http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/tr...transport.html

Trip reports

No TR but Orlando and WDW - Feb/March 13

June 2011: Very hot summer trip report

October 2011 Halloween trip

April 2012
We just can't stay away...
smallpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
BethEJo

Thanks for the help and advice

Change of plan again now lol My friend won't consider a hotel, so I'm going to get the bus that is scheduled to arrive at 6.20am and my friend has decided to chill for four hours at Birmingham new street before getting into london at 6am !

You'll have to wish us luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallpig View Post
Don't know if it will help, but this site has loads of info on the busiest stations during the Olympics - http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/tr...transport.html
Thanks for this!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: