Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Marisa - It looks like we'll be at F&W at the same time.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
I know. xoxo
Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
MickeyShow
Living the Magic

I'm here too!

First day back at school after April vacation and my ironing pile is huge.

Missed you guys!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hey, everyone! I'm here, too!

Things with us are just about the same, except we are contemplating a move to southern Utah at this time next year. Alan's been offered a job there, that sounds really good. He's got to finish up some schooling first, but if everything goes well, we'll be moving. I'm thrilled, as it means I'll be in the same town as my dad, and will be able to take care of him! His health is worrying me, and I don't like the fact that he's all alone.

In happier news, I now have my plane ticket for my London trip in August!!! I'm beyond excited about it! I will be alone for the first week, as Alan will be working at the Olympics, so I'll be playing tourist all by myself for a week. After that, we are taking a few days together, so Alan can see some sights.

That's about all the news on my front! Hopefully, we can all get our groove back, here!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats my old ticker...
October 2007: Caribbean Beach
December 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
KadysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #22
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
. I'm thrilled, as it means I'll be in the same town as my dad, and will be able to take care of him! His health is worrying me, and I don't like the fact that he's all alone.

In happier news, I now have my plane ticket for my London trip in August!!!
!
Glynis thats great news, I hope it works out for you.
Have you told your dad ?

We are " maybe " going to London in the boys summer holidays.
Not for the Olympics tho, all the Union Jacks and Rule Britanina would burst ma blood vessels !!!

How cool would it be if we were there at the same time !!??

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, everyone! I'm here, too!

Things with us are just about the same, except we are contemplating a move to southern Utah at this time next year. Alan's been offered a job there, that sounds really good. He's got to finish up some schooling first, but if everything goes well, we'll be moving. I'm thrilled, as it means I'll be in the same town as my dad, and will be able to take care of him! His health is worrying me, and I don't like the fact that he's all alone.

In happier news, I now have my plane ticket for my London trip in August!!! I'm beyond excited about it! I will be alone for the first week, as Alan will be working at the Olympics, so I'll be playing tourist all by myself for a week. After that, we are taking a few days together, so Alan can see some sights.

That's about all the news on my front! Hopefully, we can all get our groove back, here!
I am jealous of your trip!!! The move sounds like it will be great for you and your dad!! I hope the kids are excited too!!

Quote:
Hey lassies...missed youse all too.

As youse know " In and out in a day " is my special talent so I will be around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
I am doing good. Thanks for asking I just need more patience as I am so done sitting and the worst is I cant drive stuck at home also trying to get use to all the changes with Bryans company being bought out.
I know where you are... I hope you are doing good When I had my surgery I couldnt drive for 4 months. So i was home alone and i got bored and lonely.

How is Bryan doing with the buyout? I hope he is handling it ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Quick fly-by Deal alert!!!

William Sonoma Le Creuset chef's oven $129.00 plus free shipping for order $49 and over SHIP4FREE

I guess Mr A is getting me a early Mom's day gift.What a great kid
What a good kid!!!!
October 2007: Caribbean Beach
December 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
KadysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #24
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadysMom View Post
Thats my old ticker...

I thought that you bit the bullet and decided to go
I was wicked jealous!!!!!!!!!!!
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #25
THE HAT
I admit it, I'm a gum smacker!
I can't make jell-o. There. I said it.
keep peepin' on the poo for us!

I'm in......Hellooooooo friends, Oh, how I've missed you!
I'm going to try and at least pop "In and Out" each day, if only for a wave!!

Life is busy, but good. Dock season is in full swing, so Kris is right out straight, Ross (as always) has a million things going on, with drama being one of them. I have volunteered my time as costume/hair/make-up/prop director for the next 3 years, so with 3 productions a year, my spare time is doing laundry and housework! Wouldn't change it for anything, and I'm very grateful to be able to be involved and give back to the performing arts program at our school!

Glynis--I'm so excited for you and all the events happening in your life!! How do the kids feel about the possible move?

Nan--I'm sorry for the stress of the past few weeks, I hope things start to even out for you and Buddy!

Lauri--I hope time passes quickly for you which you recover and that things on the work front work themselves out!

Vicks--

Ellen--how is that precious new grand baby of yours?

Marisa-- are you looking for another job, or enjoying some time off for now?

Michelle--how are you feeling?

Janice--how very thoughtful of A, haha!

It is raining cats and dogs here, so I'm going to do some paperwork before I have to head to rehearsal at 3:45. Our spring play is "The Curious Savages".....we were supposed to do Neil Simons "Rumors", but we had some serious complaints from parents, so we had to find a new play rather quickly that called for about the same number of cast, as it wouldn't be fair to recast etc etc. (and the school board and principal had no issue with us doing Rumors) Ross is Judge Samual Savage...he has to wear a wig...it boarders on creepy,

Enjoy your day ladies!! I'm out....

popcentury jan 2005 jan 2007 ASSportsDec2007
CBRFeb2009
THE HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
TigerKat

Marisa - Sad to hear that was an old ticker. One year, hopefully, we'll get to meet.

Glynis - That's great news that you may be moving close to Dad, hopefully it will work out!

Hopefully Gretchen will check in here! She and Kenny made a trip down to NOLA last week and Johnny and I and Sheryl and Bob had so much fun playing tourist with them. We sure did a lot of eating!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #27
Glynis

Quote:
Glynis thats great news, I hope it works out for you.
Have you told your dad ?

We are " maybe " going to London in the boys summer holidays.
Not for the Olympics tho, all the Union Jacks and Rule Britanina would burst ma blood vessels !!!

How cool would it be if we were there at the same time !!??
I went to dinner with my dad on Friday (he was in town on business), and told him then. He was so very excited! Keep your fingers crossed! I really hope this all works out!

It would be totally awesome if we were in London at the same time!!!

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Old 04-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #28
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HAT View Post
I'm in......Hellooooooo friends, Oh, how I've missed you!
I'm going to try and at least pop "In and Out" each day, if only for a wave!!

Life is busy, but good. Dock season is in full swing, so Kris is right out straight, Ross (as always) has a million things going on, with drama being one of them. I have volunteered my time as costume/hair/make-up/prop director for the next 3 years, so with 3 productions a year, my spare time is doing laundry and housework! Wouldn't change it for anything, and I'm very grateful to be able to be involved and give back to the performing arts program at our school!

Glynis--I'm so excited for you and all the events happening in your life!! How do the kids feel about the possible move?

Nan--I'm sorry for the stress of the past few weeks, I hope things start to even out for you and Buddy!

Lauri--I hope time passes quickly for you which you recover and that things on the work front work themselves out!

Vicks--

Ellen--how is that precious new grand baby of yours?

Marisa-- are you looking for another job, or enjoying some time off for now?

Michelle--how are you feeling?

Janice--how very thoughtful of A, haha!

It is raining cats and dogs here, so I'm going to do some paperwork before I have to head to rehearsal at 3:45. Our spring play is "The Curious Savages".....we were supposed to do Neil Simons "Rumors", but we had some serious complaints from parents, so we had to find a new play rather quickly that called for about the same number of cast, as it wouldn't be fair to recast etc etc. (and the school board and principal had no issue with us doing Rumors) Ross is Judge Samual Savage...he has to wear a wig...it boarders on creepy,

Enjoy your day ladies!! I'm out....
Well, at this point, the only one we've told is Katie. I felt like we needed to tell her, since we are registering her for high school next week, and the move will influence classes she needs to take next year. She was not happy, but not terribly upset, either. She needs time to process it, but she understands my need to be closer to dad, at this time. His passing out really scared her, as well.

We'll know, for sure, whether or not it will happen in the next couple of months, and then we'll talk to the kids about it. I don't think it will be a big deal for the twins, but Jacob might be a bit apprehensive about it.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #29
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Things are going good!
Good to hear. I hope you enjoy being home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Mr A is busy at school. He just finished doing a mock trial in a Law class. He lost but had fun.

Between his activities and mine I have had no time to DIS
Glad he had fun! A mock trial sounds exciting. I am crazy driving A all over the place with activities and having T in tow, I dont know if I am coming or going lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
We are fine in the G household. Buddy Mom just passed away and there was way more drama than necessary
I am sorry for your loss and also for all the extra stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
I am also here sitting around recovering from surgery again Thanks so much for starting up the new thread I have missed all of you guys.
Hang in there, my friend, and dont over do it. Sorry to hear of all the changes going on as well.

Quote:
As youse know " In and out in a day " is my special talent so I will be around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
I'm here!!

I have SOOOOOO missed you all!!
Hey there! How are the Grand babies?

Quote:
In and out in a day, WooHoo! I have missed y'all SO much.
Miss you! I owe you many phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyShow View Post
I'm here too!

First day back at school after April vacation and my ironing pile is huge.

Missed you guys!
Ugh, ironing! I despise it! How are you doing?

Quote:
Things with us are just about the same, except we are contemplating a move to southern Utah at this time next year. Alan's been offered a job there, that sounds really good.

In happier news, I now have my plane ticket for my London trip in August!!!
How exciting about your move! I know you must be happy to be closer to Dad. How are the kids taking the news? That is awesome news about your London trip!

Quote:
Thats my old ticker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HAT View Post
Life is busy, but good. Dock season is in full swing, so Kris is right out straight, Ross (as always) has a million things going on, with drama being one of them. I have volunteered my time as costume/hair/make-up/prop director for the next 3
I sw on FB how busy your guys were. Your work with the drama department sounds like fun!

Quote:
Hopefully Gretchen will check in here! She and Kenny made a trip down to NOLA last week and Johnny and I and Sheryl and Bob had so much fun playing tourist with them. We sure did a lot of eating!
Glad everyone had a blast! I would love to visit NOLA someday!

We are doing good. Pretty uneventful here lately. A is busy with baseball. His first game was supposed to be tonight but the weather is crappy so they cancelled it. It has been raining but it was supposed to snow! T is awesome and a handful. Big T has been traveling more lately but he is good.

I am the same. Still training for this marathon in Sept. Being off my meds in Feb threw me off a bit though so I started a running program. Now I need to get my diet in order and all will be good. I think being off my meds slowed down my metabolism big time.

I am glad to be chatting with you all again...Hugs to all!
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #30
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Me again! I am starting to research our summer trip more. A wants to go to Seaworld since he thinks T would love it (isnt that sweet?). I havent been in probably 15 years. Can you guys give me any feedback or tips? TIA
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: