Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
helencope88
Earning My Ears

Question tips please!! what to do for a romantic suprise?

ok heres the deal...im from the uk and my and my fiancee danielle are having a civil partnership here october 28th this year, and flying to orlando for 3 weeks on the 29th.
we already plan to do the halloween and christmas parties at magic kingdom.
i want to suprise her with something amazing but am stuck as what to do! i would really appretiate any ideas, especially from the lgbt community as i wanna be somewhere that i dont have to feel unsure about being myself with her and showing her how much i love her!
thanks in advance!!
Helen xxxx
helencope88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

Give us a hint! Do you want to purchase a gift? Go to a nice dinner? Do something off Disney property? Take one of the tours???

There is a wealth of options so point us in the general direction.

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
PHILCT
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your up coming ceremony.

I was thinking first Wishes Dessert Party, then instead Yachtsmen's Steak House with arranging ahead of schedule for a celebration cake, or asking all the cast members to do a MOB dance (dont think it will happen), and all of these are not necessarily great ideas.

But I think the cast members are always into helping with special events, I wonder if they can suggest something very special and very Disney. Maybe get you to be the honorary guests of the daily parade?

I hope whatever you do, it is special for both of you.

Hugs, Phil
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
helencope88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC~OKW~96 View Post
Give us a hint! Do you want to purchase a gift? Go to a nice dinner? Do something off Disney property? Take one of the tours???

There is a wealth of options so point us in the general direction.
it doesnt have to be disney no, we have tickets for all the orlando parks, we already have discovery cove, the marine mammal keeper experience at seaworld booked, and planning on doing the halloween and christmas parties at magic kingdom.

i was thinking something along the lines of a special tour or a dinner.
but im really open to any ideas, were renting a car for the 3 weeks we will be there so im happy to drive upto about two hours to get somewhere aswell.

thanks for your help!!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

I don't really have any suggestions beside what others have mentioned nice dinners, private fireworks cruises, how about some spa time for the both of you?? I am just so jealous that you're going for 3 weeks!!! Congrats on your vow too I would love to get married at wdw
Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

OOOOH! You are able to go offsite? NICE!

If you want to stick kind of close to Disney there is a wicked fun place in downtown Orlando, Ceviche. It's all tapas with a couple of paella choices. We really like it there.

If you want steak there is Ruth's Chris or Charley's or Morton's in the Orlando area. If you want to drive a bit there is Bern' in Tampa. Oh, and Ybor City can be fun at night if you want to stay over there, and enjoy yourself for longer than dinner.

The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park has a great reputation.

Norman's, and the Venetian room are two others.

There are several tours at WDW, including the Dolphin experience. WDW Play will tell you all about them. Segway tours are fun, but I'd not say they are really "special."

Everyone will tell you Victoria and Albert's for a fine dining experience at WDW.

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
It's never too late to try
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Peepster

Earning My Ears

Congratulations on your upcoming ceremony! We hope you'll have an amazing time in Florida!

My partner and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at WDW with a dinner at Victoria & Alberts and were lucky enough to land the Chef's table which was awesome and so much fun and then following dinner I surprised her with a Wishes Cruise to view the fireworks. It was a very special evening. A spluge for us, yes, but one we'll always remember!

Whatever you do, I'm certain it'll be great! Have a wonderful time.

Wishing you both much happiness,
Auntie Peep

(will one of you youngsters please help me fix this siggy thing, please? It's so embarrassing)
Peepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #8
DisFanJen
Disney Phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepster View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming ceremony! We hope you'll have an amazing time in Florida!

My partner and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at WDW with a dinner at Victoria & Alberts and were lucky enough to land the Chef's table which was awesome and so much fun and then following dinner I surprised her with a Wishes Cruise to view the fireworks. It was a very special evening. A spluge for us, yes, but one we'll always remember!

Whatever you do, I'm certain it'll be great! Have a wonderful time.

Wishing you both much happiness,
Auntie Peep

(will one of you youngsters please help me fix this siggy thing, please? It's so embarrassing)
Seconded.

Most romantic place I've ever eaten.

Follow my tweets for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at: http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen

5/98 - DL(Off Site), 5/03 - WDW(Off Site), 2/04 - WDW(Off Site), 9/04 - WDW(Off Site), 12/05 - WDW(Off Site), 10/06 - WDW(AKL), 5/07 - WDW(SSR), 9/07 - WDW(SSR), 12/07 - WDW(SSR), 2/08 - WDW(Poly & GF), 12/08 - WDW(OKW, Wonder), 3/10 - WDW(AKL), 2/11 - WDW(OKW), 12/11 - WDW(SSR, OKW, Dream), 9/12 - WDW (OKW, Dream), 1/14 WDW (OKW, Fantasy), 11,14 (OKW, Dream)
DisFanJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
helencope88
Earning My Ears

thanks for all your ideas guys!! i think im going to treat her to the tomorrowland terrace for wishes, and a meal somewhere nice but havent decided where yet they all look so nice!! and im sure ill end up spoling her in other ways too.

any more ideas id be really gratefull!
Helen xx
Old 03-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

First of all, congrats!!!

There are haunted carriage rides at the Fort Wilderness Resort during the first few days of your vacation...I plan on booking one for my honeymoon (which is the same time you're going, just a week shorter). They sound fun, but since the carriages only hold a max of 4 adults, and according to the pricing info from last year, it's only $60 for a carriage, it's a pretty reasonable price for something that sounds fun (and can be romantic too).

If you are staying on-site you can also order in-room decorations so that when you get to your resort, there could be rose petals sprinkled across the bed, or you could have a bottle of wine or champagne and chocolates or roses waiting for you...there's lots of things they can do apparently, but they seem a bit pricy, in my opinion...here's the link to the website if you want to learn more: http://www.disneyflorist.com/?source=header

There's always going for a dinner somewhere fancy and then maybe going for a stroll somewhere nice, or maybe go see Cirque and then have a nice dinner...there are lots of things you could do Happy planning!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Heva2015
Mouseketeer

I have nothing much to add...just wanted to stop by and say a big congratulations!

Orlando
Copake
Providence
Washington, DC
New York
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
EWR2AUS
Earning My Ears

Congrats!

Another vote here for Victoria & Alberts. My partner and I went there on our first trip to WDW together. Very romantic. While some might be concerned that a setting that intimate might raise issues for same sex couples - as with everything Disney - not an issue at all.

Also, one of the best meals I've had - and I've been lucky enough to eat at some of the best restaurants in the world (thanks to my job).

If you like wine - the wine pairing makes it the much better!
EWR2AUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: