Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #196
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimoinparadise View Post
Please also ask DCL guests to kindly refrain from "acquiring" magnetic door decorations from someone else's cabin door. Over the last eight cruises, we've yet to finish a DCL cruise with the same door decorations that we started with.
Many of the magnetic FE's distributed onboard have been personalized ... either with the donor's name, or recipient's name ... so as to reduce or thwart theft. Those which are not personalized are quickly moved to the inside of our stateroom door. It's a shame ... but life happens!

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #197
KathyDordick
Earning My Ears

Stateroom Magnet Help

Our family is going on our 1st ever Disney cruise (yes, I am so excited I can hardly type) in 2 weeks.
We would love to surprise our 3 daughters with decorations for our stateroom door. I have bought magnet paper but I don't know where to get personalized items. I printed off Minnie ears for the door but we would also like something for each of us with our names on it.
Not picky at all of what it might be, so anything someone could make or anywhere someone could suggest I go online for this I would really appreciate it.
Here are the names if someone could make it:
Jason (Dad)
Kathy (ME...Mom)
Kaitlyn (9 years old, girl) very girly
Meghan (8 years old, girl) very athletic, gymnast
Makenzie (2 years old, girl) totally into ALL THINGS MINNIE and MICKEY

I hope someone can help.

Thank you from a Mom trying to make this the best vacation ever for her family.

Kathy
KathyDordick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #198
houstonkling
houstonkling

Thank also for posting this. This is my second trip on the DCL and the first time I thought the door decorating was so neat.
houstonkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #199
ByKnight
Getting Ready to Set Sail !!!!!!

Door Magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyDordick View Post
Our family is going on our 1st ever Disney cruise (yes, I am so excited I can hardly type) in 2 weeks.
We would love to surprise our 3 daughters with decorations for our stateroom door. I have bought magnet paper but I don't know where to get personalized items. I printed off Minnie ears for the door but we would also like something for each of us with our names on it.
Not picky at all of what it might be, so anything someone could make or anywhere someone could suggest I go online for this I would really appreciate it.
Here are the names if someone could make it:
Jason (Dad)
Kathy (ME...Mom)
Kaitlyn (9 years old, girl) very girly
Meghan (8 years old, girl) very athletic, gymnast
Makenzie (2 years old, girl) totally into ALL THINGS MINNIE and MICKEY

I hope someone can help.

Thank you from a Mom trying to make this the best vacation ever for her family.

Kathy

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2729487 this thread has some great ones already designed and she seems willing to make new ones for your trip.

DL 1973--WDW 1983-- DL GCH 05(7 Days) -- DL 2008 (1 Day) -- DL Best Western Park Place 2009(6 Days) -- DL House rental 2011 (13 Days)
DLC Wonder September 2012
DL (9 Days) September 2012
ByKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #200
Holly123
Holly,Andy and Henry

Good Information

Good information to have thank you!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #201
donnahill74
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Great tips! Thanks for sharing!
donnahill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #202
Flwdwfreak
Earning My Ears

Tape Tension

Are you sure about this. We were just on the Dream to celebrate my grandparents 50th anniversary and we had 4 rooms next to each other and my sister, being the scraper that she is made all the rooms signs with Disney characters (Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Cinderella and Prince Charming) and hung them on the walls using tape and we never got any notice, are cabin steward actually complemented us on our decorations. Maybe some of the staff is just more lenient than others.
Flwdwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #203
Chinese mama nancy j
Earning My Ears

Smile Chinese mama nancy j

Can someone tell me where you can purchase the magnets to go on the doors. I am going on my second cruise on the Disney fantasy in November and I would like to make magnets for our group. The first cruise in April was totally fab. Our 2 girls had an inside stateroom with the fancy porthole and that was just totally fun to watch the characters in the porthole. Food was much better than most ships also. Thanks for any direction you can give me.
Chinese mama nancy j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #204
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese mama nancy j View Post
Can someone tell me where you can purchase the magnets to go on the doors. I am going on my second cruise on the Disney fantasy in November and I would like to make magnets for our group. The first cruise in April was totally fab. Our 2 girls had an inside stateroom with the fancy porthole and that was just totally fun to watch the characters in the porthole. Food was much better than most ships also. Thanks for any direction you can give me.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 06-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #205
Disney Hot Mama
DIS Veteran
Onion haters unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese mama nancy j View Post
I made mine. Printed off graphics from assorted sites including here on the DIS. Added peel and stick magnets I purchased at Michael's Craft store and we were good to go. I will try to post a photo later. We got home about midnight last night and I am still catching up on emails etc.

Disneyland at least monthly BUT WDW July 16 - 22, 2011, June 21 - 29, 2009 - AKL and VWL here we come! OKW 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2002 , 1999 - FW & numerous trips as a kid!
Disney Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #206
KarenRLongBeach
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post
Hi everyone,

The site has been asked by to relay the following message regarding stateroom door decorations on DCL ships:
More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.
Unofficially, what I'm hearing is that DCL is considering the possibility of levying surcharges on people who damage the door finish with adhesives. They're trying to avoid that because the really do appreciate the passion and creativity that people are putting into this, but the issue with the finishes coming off the doors is getting to be a real issue. I know some have already received this notice on-board the ship, but I wanted to make sure it's out there for everyone.

Thanks,
Pete
Thanks for the info
KarenRLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #207
DisneyNutts4
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!!
DisneyNutts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #208
DisneyNutts4
Earning My Ears

We are going on our first cruise the end of this month. The info here has been very helpful
DisneyNutts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #209
2MouseMoguls
Earning My Ears

We use a bazillion magnets and FE with never an item removed. We do have our names on the best ear decorations in metallic ink. But, all of our little decorations have yet to be molested. It would be a sad trend for this to begin happening. Let's hope there are more of us good guys.

2MouseMoguls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #210
summerbelongstoyou
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
I hope this is not TOO dumb of a question but, where do you get the magnets to decorate your door? We are going to celebrate my daughter's birthday and was curious as to what kind of magnets you are talking about. I know the small ones, but I think that would be too little.
My mom made the magnets for our Magic cruise last year. She bought magnet paper, printed out customized Disney characters on paper, Glued the pictures to the magnet paper, then cut them out. We celebrated my birthday on our cruise too and my mom made a magnet that went around our porthole. It was Minnie's ears, with a party hat that said Happy Birthday!

summerbelongstoyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: