Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
For a brief moment, I almost chided DCL for the error of putting the Cauliflower Cream soup topped with Salmon Caviar Croutons (Royal Court menu) in the Vegetarian section. But on second thought, wouldn't that qualify as "lacto-ovo" since the salmon caviar is salmon eggs? Is there any sort of "ovo" definition that limits the egg species to chickens?
Isn't that a classification more for those that are vegan versus vegetarian?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
Isn't that a classification more for those that are vegan versus vegetarian?
If an item is labeled "vegetarian" on a menu, I wouldn't expect it to contain fish, but I would expect that it might contain dairy or eggs. I just tend to think of "eggs" as chicken eggs and didn't know if ovo-vegetarians ate other species of eggs. (If it's labeled "vegan", I would expect it to not include any animal products at all, including honey.)
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing - and what a great souvenir to take home!

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Apple View Post
I noticed the menus included the dessert options. Is this how the menus in the dining rooms were? I like knowing what the desserts are before I eat my meal. That way I know whether to save room for dessert because I don't always care for the desserts. Now, if I could get a Palo souffle every night for dinner, I'd always save room for dessert!
The full menu, including desserts is posted outside the restaurant each day so you could browse that and see what desserts are available. I normally went down to look around mid-afternoon.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, maiden, menus, pdf, voyage

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: