Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #271
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
hey Jen! joining in now that i finally figured out to leave Chrome and go to Explorer if i want to sign in! Maya has that same outfit that Claire is wearing at the park! I'm anxious to hear how Abby does on the cruise!
I love that outfit...it's a perfect fit for Claire...she is on Island time. Always!

Yes, chrome just doesn't work at all.
And the email notifications are kind of spotty too. I think to get them working right, you have to go into your subscribed threads and start reading. Thats what I did (and cleared cookies to stay logged in, doesn't work for Chrome though) and then the emails started coming again.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #272
francis6306
DIS Veteran

What a nice park area. I love touring houses! When we lived in Georgia (and right before the housing bubble burst) you could go to open houses for new houses all weekend long. It was nice to go and dream about living in a huge house and what each room would be!

Between the cruise talk with you and Lisa, I started looking over at the DCL site- just playing around. I really would like to do one in a few years when Catie is older!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #273
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
What a nice park area. I love touring houses! When we lived in Georgia (and right before the housing bubble burst) you could go to open houses for new houses all weekend long. It was nice to go and dream about living in a huge house and what each room would be!

Between the cruise talk with you and Lisa, I started looking over at the DCL site- just playing around. I really would like to do one in a few years when Catie is older!
I LOVE cruising. My goal is to get on the Fantasy eventually.

I love touring big houses. We used to go to the parade of homes in our area each year. I haven't been to one since I had Claire. I used to think it would be so awesome to live in a mansion...now a days I would rather travel and keep my basic, but nice home!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #274
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Claire's t-shirt is great! Island time!

I love that Covered bridge and boardwalk, would make for beautiful pictures!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #275
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Beautiful Easter pictures!!!

I did see that Dooney!!! I'm really excited about that pattern just because they seem to have left their "usual Disney Dooney styles" (tote, wristlet, crossbody) and are now offering a wider selection of bags!!! I'm waiting for larger bags to be released because I want to buy one to use as a carry-on. I'm thinking they need more satchels & duffles!!! (I know they have the one in the sketch pattern but I need something that isn't white. The airlines/airplane always ruin my bags!)

Usually with the releases of the Dooneys, they'll be up on the Disney Store website about 2-4 weeks after initially released at the parks. They are sometimes slower though with the DL exclusive or WDW exclusive bags. I don't know why! I'm sure they make a ton of $$$ off of them -- they should put them ALL up on the website immediately!

I also just now saw your post about the puzzle! I have no idea how I managed to skip a few pages of your report (probably because I've been DISing in the middle of the night!) That puzzle really IS hard, isn't it?! I remember getting frustrated with it & always making my mom put it together!!! I hope Claire doesn't get as frustrated as I did & make you do it because its so hard to know what to put where -- all those stinkin pieces look identical!!!

Your cruise plans sound so exciting!!! It was nice to see the pics from last year's cruise again! I still love that pic of your mom & Claire looking out the window for the cruise ship at port!!! Airfare is craaaazy ridiculous right now! We only have a few airlines that fly direct to MCO -- I'm taking a gamble this year and waiting until 30-45 days out. We'll see how that goes! I'm seriously hoping with the election year, they decide to lower gas prices & then the flight prices will drop! One can hope!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #276
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

You got some nice pictures of the girls at that park. It looks like a really nice one, too.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #277
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Yeah for being under 200 days! If I change my vacation to Thanksgiving I am still over 200 days

Your going to have so much fun on your trip especially Claire since she will have other kids to play with.

That mansion was beautiful I wouldn't mind living there. That is if someone gave it to me
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #278
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the Easter and weekend out pictures. The girls look so cute in all of them. The park looks absolutely beautiful. You already know how I feel about snakes so I would have been a chicken too.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #279
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Beautiful picture of your three kids! I've seen on that on Facebook and just kept forgetting to comment!

Love the pic of the two girls together too - and what a pretty park! I want that house! (and if I were rich enough to own it, I could hire someone to clean it!)

Do you guys have a verandah again for this cruise?

And, can you get me a picture of the Aquaduck sign?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #280
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Claire's t-shirt is great! Island time!

I love that Covered bridge and boardwalk, would make for beautiful pictures!
That bridge is really pretty. That was added a few years back. They have really been doing nice things to the park. A lot of the trails now have little boardwaks so you can still walk even when it floods in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Beautiful Easter pictures!!!

I did see that Dooney!!! I'm really excited about that pattern just because they seem to have left their "usual Disney Dooney styles" (tote, wristlet, crossbody) and are now offering a wider selection of bags!!! I'm waiting for larger bags to be released because I want to buy one to use as a carry-on. I'm thinking they need more satchels & duffles!!! (I know they have the one in the sketch pattern but I need something that isn't white. The airlines/airplane always ruin my bags!)

Usually with the releases of the Dooneys, they'll be up on the Disney Store website about 2-4 weeks after initially released at the parks. They are sometimes slower though with the DL exclusive or WDW exclusive bags. I don't know why! I'm sure they make a ton of $$$ off of them -- they should put them ALL up on the website immediately!

I also just now saw your post about the puzzle! I have no idea how I managed to skip a few pages of your report (probably because I've been DISing in the middle of the night!) That puzzle really IS hard, isn't it?! I remember getting frustrated with it & always making my mom put it together!!! I hope Claire doesn't get as frustrated as I did & make you do it because its so hard to know what to put where -- all those stinkin pieces look identical!!!

Your cruise plans sound so exciting!!! It was nice to see the pics from last year's cruise again! I still love that pic of your mom & Claire looking out the window for the cruise ship at port!!! Airfare is craaaazy ridiculous right now! We only have a few airlines that fly direct to MCO -- I'm taking a gamble this year and waiting until 30-45 days out. We'll see how that goes! I'm seriously hoping with the election year, they decide to lower gas prices & then the flight prices will drop! One can hope!!!
I don't have the dooney duffle, but I have the big sized purse and I used that as my personal bag this past trip and I stuffed a heck of a lot of stuff in there. LOL! My camera equiptment was all in there.

I have to admit that we haven't worked on the puzzle for several weeks now. I just haven't had the time and she hasn't bugged me about it.

I do hope the flights drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
You got some nice pictures of the girls at that park. It looks like a really nice one, too.
Thanks. It is a really nice park. I am always in awe that this used to be someones yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Yeah for being under 200 days! If I change my vacation to Thanksgiving I am still over 200 days

Your going to have so much fun on your trip especially Claire since she will have other kids to play with.

That mansion was beautiful I wouldn't mind living there. That is if someone gave it to me
I know the feeling...I still have a long ways to go. but I might be shaving 1 day off me ticker......
Little Abby has been talking about the Mickey boat randomly lately. It's so cute. Gail (my sis) said she started talking about it in church the other day.
I would love to live there too, but I need someone to clean it and pay the taxes on it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Thanks for posting the Easter and weekend out pictures. The girls look so cute in all of them. The park looks absolutely beautiful. You already know how I feel about snakes so I would have been a chicken too.
I HATE snakes! Ick, yuck, blah!@!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Beautiful picture of your three kids! I've seen on that on Facebook and just kept forgetting to comment!

Love the pic of the two girls together too - and what a pretty park! I want that house! (and if I were rich enough to own it, I could hire someone to clean it!)

Do you guys have a verandah again for this cruise?

And, can you get me a picture of the Aquaduck sign?
Yes, a verandah again. I love them. Though I would be willing to have any room on the ship.

I think I might be able to swing taking another AquaDuck pictures. You can never have enough...ahd here is one just for you now!

And just for fun...here's my lighthouse!

Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #281
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I know I'm slacking on my planning updates....so before I go on with the cruise days...I am going to tell you about what my new flying down plan is.

Yep, already making changes. It's been brought to my attention that it appears the last Halloween party at WDW is going to be held on Nov. 2. Well my plan is to fly down the 3rd, possibly the 2nd if I got a good rate.

No "great" rates are out yet, but I can fly out of Columbus on Southwest for a decent rate...and change it to a lower price if it drops. on the 2nd. I talked to my sister in Columbus and she said she would be happy to have Claire and I come down the night of the 1st and spend the night and then take us to the airport at the buttcrack of dawn...YES... the flight LEAVES at 7:20 AM. I have never flown out so early EVER, but then we could get to the resort, rest up, hopefully and go to the party in the evening. I am 99% sure I am going to do this.

I haven't booked a room ,and I think I will wait for now and see if any discounts come out, but most likely I'll stay at a value.
I have to double check, but I think I can take ME back to the airport then on the 3rd and meet up with the family and head over to the port area with them then and go on as planned.

I may never have a chance to go to MNSSHP again, so I might as well since it's seems to be perfect timimg.

I'm pretty excited about this.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #282
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

It's an awesome idea!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #283
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
It's an awesome idea!
Great minds think alike....Or maybe I'm just a follower?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #284
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You are going to LOVE MNSSHP! We have been twice and it was awesome. It definitely is worth the early flight. Guess when ours leaves on Saturday ..... 6.05am!

And NO, you are not too early checking flight prices, as I am already checking for February next year.

BTW - Tom is going to scan the navigators. He didn't have time today, but HOPES to be able tomorrow.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #285
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I like that plan! I loved MNSSHP, and I am seriously looking forward to doing it again this year! I love flying Southwest for that reason, being able to get credit (which I can use on another trip) makes me happy
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: