Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
IzzyBella
Earning My Ears

Alamo Premium car at MCO

Hi All, Long time lurker here, thanks for all the great information!

I reserved a Premium car at Alamo at MCO several weeks ago. As far as I can tell, that's not a category at MCO. Can anyone tell me what aisle I'll pick from? If its the standard/fullsize aisle, I think I can save some money by rebooking at the lower rate. Thanks!
IzzyBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
HoosierDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Re: Alamo Premium car at MCO

There is a separate Premium aisle, though I saw a post the other day about how recently Alamo was sold out of Premium cars one day so they offered an SUV instead.
HoosierDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
BigTigger
DIS Veteran

Premium has been the lowest rate for a car for our first week of May MCO trip at $260 all-in for 8 days. I did get a few cheaper choices for midsize and standard SUV's just now at $182 all-in.

The last two trips in late February and the third week of March, there were Premium cars in an aisle under that name (unlike Standard which never has a sign, they tell you to pick a midsize or fullsize).

The bad news is they were all Toyota Avalons that were not very "premium". Luxury is now where the nicer cars seemed to be.
BigTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
IzzyBella
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to hear there is a premium aisle, now I don't need to change my reservation.
IzzyBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
dennise
DIS Veteran

We booked midsize or above with National and got a Buick Lucerne from Alamo. They are the same company, there was nothing that we wanted in that isle so the nice attendant offered us the Buick. I was classed as premium.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBella View Post
Hi All, Long time lurker here, thanks for all the great information!

I reserved a Premium car at Alamo at MCO several weeks ago. As far as I can tell, that's not a category at MCO. Can anyone tell me what aisle I'll pick from? If its the standard/fullsize aisle, I think I can save some money by rebooking at the lower rate. Thanks!
Yes there is a Premium area at Alamo MCO. There is not a "standard" row at MCO.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigger View Post
Premium has been the lowest rate for a car for our first week of May MCO trip at $260 all-in for 8 days. I did get a few cheaper choices for midsize and standard SUV's just now at $182 all-in.

The last two trips in late February and the third week of March, there were Premium cars in an aisle under that name (unlike Standard which never has a sign, they tell you to pick a midsize or fullsize).

The bad news is they were all Toyota Avalons that were not very "premium". Luxury is now where the nicer cars seemed to be.
Avalons are exclusive to National's Executive Aisle until Aug.2012. We do NOT put Avalons in the Premium or Luxury area EVER and have not in recent history and most definitely not in the time frames you mentioned above. Not sure what you saw, but, it was not an Avalon.

We do not have a "standard" row at Alamo or National at MCO, you select from Full size. We are supposed to tell people to select from full size, not mid size.

"Nicer" cars is a very subjective term. Premiums are placed on the "row" according to their features.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDisneyDad View Post
There is a separate Premium aisle, though I saw a post the other day about how recently Alamo was sold out of Premium cars one day so they offered an SUV instead.
Yep, if we cannot find a car/vehicle in your class, we will offer you something equal to or better than your reservation (within sane limits).
Old 04-21-2012, 03:21 AM   #9
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBella View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to hear there is a premium aisle, now I don't need to change my reservation.
Premium isle wass filled with Maxima's, 5 passenger not much larger then the Altima beefed up luxury. We were expecting a larger car, but they did have a SUV on the isle to use.
One thing to consider is the MPG if you are going to do much driving. Just occasional last few days Disney Driving, one dinner off site cost me $44 in fuel to return.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
Premium isle wass filled with Maxima's, 5 passenger not much larger then the Altima beefed up luxury. We were expecting a larger car, but they did have a SUV on the isle to use.
One thing to consider is the MPG if you are going to do much driving. Just occasional last few days Disney Driving, one dinner off site cost me $44 in fuel to return.
Premium does not necessarily mean larger, it means more features. Luxury does not mean larger it means "luxury features".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: