Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #151
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Good job, Mom
Gumbo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #152
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

I think you have come to a very sensible and mature resolution!

The only thing I might be a little flexible on is the job. I might say he has to be making a substantial effort at getting a job. Like applications into a few places, looking on line etc, only because places are very slow responding and it is hard to find something. My DD in college has been looking for something and it is taking forever and she has experience and good references.

And until he gets hired somewhere-could he cut grass or yardwork for people?

Now make sure you do something with him soon that you can both laugh at and have fun, they go away all to soon and you will miss him next fall, believe me.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #153
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefanmichelle View Post
Well I have read everyone's suggestions and taylored them to me.

First off I have a nice long discussion with my son about skipping and how that now impacts his grades. Because the 2 instances he has skipped are unexcused it cuts his grade down significantly. His problem. Not mine.

I told him that I would be talking to him and his gf about the no gf at my house rule when we aren't home. I said I had no problem sitting down with both of them and embarrassing the heck out of them with the next topic...the dreaded sex talk . I actually entertained the idea of making them both carry around baby dolls for a few days whenever they were at my house and changing baby doll diapers, etc... That was just for giggles though! More funny than helpful probably.

I said he had to get a job by graduation in May. That one is hard since where we live in Michigan is a challenge but it's out there. If he doesn't get hired somewhere I will have to come up with something next.

I also told him it was time to start taking responsiblilty for himself. No more hand holding from me on what he is supposed to do. He needs to figure some stuff out for himself if he wants to grow up.

Thats where I am at so far.

Thanks for all the comments!
That sounds like a logical and reasonable resolution.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #154
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
To answer your question - no he did not legally lose his privilege to drive. He wasn't tickted but a police report was written up. We wouldn't let him get his license for a year after that happened and he had other punishments. We dealt with that at the time and while it still frosts my buns I am letting it go and focusing on the here and now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Good job, Mom

OP... We do the best we can and hope, it's the right thing. I sincerely wish you the best.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #155
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

First off I have a nice long discussion with my son about skipping and how that now impacts his grades. Because the 2 instances he has skipped are unexcused it cuts his grade down significantly. His problem. Not mine.

I told him that I would be talking to him and his gf about the no gf at my house rule when we aren't home. I said I had no problem sitting down with both of them and embarrassing the heck out of them with the next topic...the dreaded sex talk . I actually entertained the idea of making them both carry around baby dolls for a few days whenever they were at my house and changing baby doll diapers, etc... That was just for giggles though! More funny than helpful probably.

I said he had to get a job by graduation in May. That one is hard since where we live in Michigan is a challenge but it's out there. If he doesn't get hired somewhere I will have to come up with something next.

I also told him it was time to start taking responsiblilty for himself. No more hand holding from me on what he is supposed to do. He needs to figure some stuff out for himself if he wants to grow up.

Sounds good to me. Just remember it is a process you have to tweak together and it will be ongoing for awhile.

Good luck on your journey!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #156
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

I was going to add to this, but it seems like you've come to a good resolution. Its important to have him understand the importance of just showing up and being a hard worker as that carries people through life!

Good job mom!

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #157
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Looks like you have a great plan.

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #158
CookieGVB
S/D Cheerleader & SSB Tormentor
Would go to the Copacabana with Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
That is one ugly ball of spite.
This made me literally laugh out loud. Whatever happened to the tag fairy?
CookieGVB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: