Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #2311
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
Hey Shadowryter!!! so I'm wondering..how did you take this photo..(fstop..etc)? I have a canon rebel Ts1..i know its the bottom of the barrel but I could never get the colors to look that vibrant?
Hi there MommaMouse, so good to hear from you. I see you did the Western Magic. I'm going to have to check out your TR as we're sailing the Fantasy...our first Western. Can't wait. As far as my camera goes, I hate to disappoint you, it's just a point and shoot. A Nikon S8100 and I love it. The trick to the photo is what happens after. I use Topaz Adjust and then Topaz Denoise in Photoshop. You can transfer any photo into something very special. I admit I don't work as hard as the wonderful photographers you see on this thread but I have fun. I recently purchased my first DLSR so I have a lot of learning to do before our next trip. Have a magical day.
Linda
Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #2312
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!

Dream Boats by P17blo, on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #2313
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p17blo View Post

Paul
Paul,

I liked your picture a lot, but wondered what it would look like in B&W so to the liberty of changing it:

[IMG][/IMG]

I like the original but love the B&W version!

Ex Techie
Old 04-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #2314
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Ponz teaching us how to draw Goofy at the Animation class.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #2315
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
Paul,

I liked your picture a lot, but wondered what it would look like in B&W so to the liberty of changing it:

I like the original but love the B&W version!

Ex Techie
Always a pleasure to have someone tweak my work

Old 04-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #2316
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #2317
iluvwdw4ever
DIS Veteran

Old 04-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #2318
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Hi there MommaMouse, so good to hear from you. I see you did the Western Magic. I'm going to have to check out your TR as we're sailing the Fantasy...our first Western. Can't wait. As far as my camera goes, I hate to disappoint you, it's just a point and shoot. A Nikon S8100 and I love it. The trick to the photo is what happens after. I use Topaz Adjust and then Topaz Denoise in Photoshop. You can transfer any photo into something very special. I admit I don't work as hard as the wonderful photographers you see on this thread but I have fun. I recently purchased my first DLSR so I have a lot of learning to do before our next trip. Have a magical day.
Linda
Hey you know I never got around to doing the TR :, it actually turned into an eastern because there was a hurricane/tropical storm that made the itinirary change...I just got off the Disney 5 day (Dream) last week too and I 'm contimplated if I'm going to do one since there are several of the dis folks that are doing one..but my kids and I really enjoyed it. I took a lot of pics thats why Ijumped on this thread to see what other ways I've couldve photographed a particular thing...for one I need another lense. one with longer zoom. I had a hard time with the bright sun..over exposure in the background. I tried a bunch of things but it was hard with the kids to take my time playing with the settings. I got some good photos but then when i look at the ones on here i'm like DAAAAAAG my photo of the same thing looks like crap...lol

also I might be doing the oct 2013 fantasy...I have to decide this week.

Last edited by MommaMouse411; 04-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #2321
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

St. Maarten

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #2322
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
.. I got some good photos but then when i look at the ones on here i'm like DAAAAAAG my photo of the same thing looks like crap...lol
I can tell you that you are not alone! I feel exactly the same and other's work always looks better than mine - I think at least part of this is that we are all over critical of own work (I know I am).

But I agree with your other point in that this thread is a great source of inspiration. I have got so much planned to do when I go in a couple of week I think I will be up 24/7 snapping new photos.

The worst thing for me is looking at someone else's photo and thinking 'I would NEVER have take that photo; I just wouldn't have thought of it' as techniques you can learn, but creativity is a different matter! And I'm an IT Geek by trade and not many of them are creative (wrong side of brain!).

I'm just glad I have somewhere to share my work at least and I'm grateful for all feedback and for the chance to see how others capture the same subject matter.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #2323
p17blo
DIS Veteran

Dream Donald by P17blo, on Flickr

Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #2324
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

Quote:
I can tell you that you are not alone! I feel exactly the same and other's work always looks better than mine - I think at least part of this is that we are all over critical of own work (I know I am).

But I agree with your other point in that this thread is a great source of inspiration. I have got so much planned to do when I go in a couple of week I think I will be up 24/7 snapping new photos.

The worst thing for me is looking at someone else's photo and thinking 'I would NEVER have take that photo; I just wouldn't have thought of it' as techniques you can learn, but creativity is a different matter! And I'm an IT Geek by trade and not many of them are creative (wrong side of brain!).

I'm just glad I have somewhere to share my work at least and I'm grateful for all feedback and for the chance to see how others capture the same subject matter.
your pics are great too. I just have to keep taking pictures thats all.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #2325
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:

The worst thing for me is looking at someone else's photo and thinking 'I would NEVER have take that photo; I just wouldn't have thought of it' as techniques you can learn, but creativity is a different matter!
I couldn't say it better but bu using these threads, my FLickr threads and other boards I am slowly starting to see some things that a year ago I wouldn't have seen.

Also remember that probably 90% or more of the photos shared have been edited so you are not seeing the SOC results

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dcl, photography, pictures

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: