Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #256
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Hi Brooke!

I've read several of your WDW TR's and am thoroughly enjoying your take on DLR.

The Nemo subs wig me out, too. I think it's the smell and stale air, but I always feel nauseous when I ride them.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on SM.
I can see why those subs wig you out! They really aren't for everyone.

SM will be coming up....but I'll give you a hint....WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I remember loving 20,000 Leagues as a kid but looking at it now, I'm not so sure I could force myself on it. Holy close quarters!

How cool that the characters are just walking around without lines and handlers. I miss that about WDW.
I can really see why kids would love it, and why now as they are adults, have always wanted it to come back! But ya, as adults...it's not exactly comfortable!

The characters just wandering around really added an element of magic. It was a treat! I was surprised at how well-behaved people were about forming a make-shift queue/taking turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
Wow I don't know that I would even really want to do the Nemo sub...I don't think I ever saw how cramped it is in there before! And that chocolate croissaint looks heavenly! Too bad it was just so-so!
It's a small space really! What I remember most is crouching down to look through the window. I felt slightly contorted between the limited leg room, butt room and everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovintheLodge View Post
So happy to have found your trip report!! My family is planning an August trip to DLR (our first visit!) and your report is great!

Enjoying all of your pictures...can't wait for more...

Kerry
:: Glad I can provide some insight! You will have a WONDERFUL time! Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Ooooh there is no way I would be able to drag my DD (or myself for that matter) on the sub!
They definitely aren't for everyone! I won't be rushing back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I have done the Nemo ride twice and it is my least favorite ride in the park. No clue why I keep going on it.

I think WDW pastries are better in general. I had a cinnamon roll there last time and it was not the same amazing roll that main st bakery in the MK has in Florida.
I can see why it's your least favorite! I won't be rushing back either. If Henry or Joe want to do it, I will but otherwise, we'll skip it.

Good to know about the pastries! I just cannot remember now if we had more pastries during the trip or not...likely we did, but I guess time will tell! I do believe this was the only place we didn't enjoy/weren't impressed with though. Just thinking about Hungry Bear makes me wistful! Or the sourdough bread...HELLO!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #257
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
I never liked the 20,000 Leagues ride as a kid and I didn't like the Nemo ride as an adult. Just too claustrophobic for me! Never again.

The Jolly Holiday bakery is so cute! Love the penguins in the windows!
I can really understand, it seems like a lot of people share your point of view about the subs!

Jolly Holiday was really cute - it was so well done! I loved the atmosphere of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The Jolly Holiday Bakery is just too cute.

Oh Nemo brings back memories of riding 20,000 Leagues.
Isn't it? So many cute details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Haven't been on the DIS for awhile but definitely wanted to check in! Going to back to catch up on this TR!
:: Jen! Glad to see you here! It's been slow going, but I am almost all caught up on the DIS (after being drastically behind for almost a YEAR now!) Hopefully I can stay caught up and post regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
That Mary Poppins weathervane is really cute! So I really enjoyed your Nemo pics...but OH MY GOODNESS!!! I never got to experience 20,000 leagues and let me tell you could not pay me to get in that!!! I can totally understand why Henry started getting a little antsy. I'm not exactly claustrophobic but during my pregnancy I had the worst claustrophobia... I had such a hard time commuting to work on the subway. Part of that stayed with me so yeah that ride and me would never happen!!
Yep! Those subs are not for you! It is a unique experience, but even with an inkling of claustrophobia, you should steer clear. With the limited space, PLUS being under water, it's just not a good mix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
That's pretty neat that they use real submarines!!

I love the Mary Poppins on top. So cute!!
I thought that was neat too when I learned that! I like the whole experience for that reason-it's unique. When else will I EVER get to ride in a real submarine???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Im excited that I just found your DL Trip Report!! I looved the jumping on the bed video, it was too cute!
:: Glad you found me! Isn't that video funny?? We were so goofy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
Finally back to catch up!
So sorry Nemo didn't wow you & Henry. I can't wait to try it myself, since I remember 20,000 Leagues fondly. Next time, you might look for the alternative Nemo show: Hi-res shots taken from the sub are shown in a small accessible theatre, so that wheeled, "fun-size" and claustrophobic guests can enjoy, too.
Love the free-range characters at DL. Good for brave Henry posing with that hulking Storm Trooper. He's so tall now!!!
Looking forward to more - partly so I can pass along your wisdom to SIL, taking 3 boys (1 on spectrum) to Carsland in June.
I hope you enjoy Nemo! I don't think it's a ride for everyone, but for those that enjoyed 20,000 Leagues, it will bring back a lot of memories I'm sure!!

Henry has been growing SO much. It's crazy. He went from size 3T at the beginning of the school year to 5T - and sometimes he's even in little boy sizes now! He's long, all his t-shirts have to be little boy size!

Let me know if you have any questions from your SIL! They will have a great time, expect BIG crowds in June for Cars Land...it's gonna be crazy I'm sure...but awesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I've been meaning to write you. We went to NYC last week and when we got on the subway I couldn't figure out the way lines worked. I don't have issues in DC and San Fran. Went the wrong way down in Time Square. As we rode the ferry back to SI i was telling my hubby that I wanted you as a tour guide. He laughed at me.
I hope, despite getting lost, you had a good time in NYC! We were in DC over Easter and I had a hard time there figuring out which way to go! I missed our "Downtown" "Uptown". Once you get used to it here, it's easy. But, before I moved here I cannot even count the number of times I got on the train going in the wrong direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkeim View Post
I'm a fan of your TR's and followed you over from the WDW section. Loving your detailed report of Disneyland! We're going in October so your take on things is helpful already - thanks! Anxiously awaiting more installments!
:: I'm glad you followed me over! I hope to help make your planning easier too. Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
What a great trip report! Your little guy is adorable too!

Your description of the Nemo ride is exactly how I felt on it.....a little to close for comfort, that is for sure!

I have a question about the Peets coffee. Does HD sell Peets drip coffee only or do they make lattes too? We are coming next month and would LOVE to find a decent coffee place that is super close! I love Peets!
I do believe the Peets made lattes too! I remember a larger menu, so I'm pretty sure it included the lattes/cappuccinos, etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
The submarine itself is very cool Brook! It does look cramped though. I can see why Henry was a little nervous. That's a totally different type of ride for sure.
It really is! I'm glad we did it, such a unique experience, but no rush to return either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite09 View Post
Great trip report; looking forward to hearing more!
Thank you!! I hope to have an update today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I know I'm late, but I'm here. I've been slowly getting caught up. I finally did this weekend but couldn't log in to comment.

I'm loving this report, I've never been so it's all so new and exciting for me.

While reading about the Nemo ride I kept thinking about MeMom and how she doesn't like tight spaces. I know I did 10000 leagues on my very first trip while in high school, I don't remember much but it didn't bother me. Now that I'm older I think it would bother me.

Looking forward to more.
I understand that slowly getting caught up thing! I have spent many hours on the DIS this week trying to catch up on all my TRs I was behind on. I am REALLY close finally!

Oh, no way would MeMom like that ride! Thankfully they do have the other experience, with pictures and things from the ride for the claustrophobic. I'll probably try to check that out next time, just to see it!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #258
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Life Update

Hi everyone!
I was planning to start a TR update; however, my photo service is down right now...so I thought I'd do a quick life update with some pics from Facebook!

A few things:
First, I am ALMOST all caught up on the DIS. I truly cannot believe it. I had over 1,000 DIS emails in my inbox and am down to 200! I hope to get these done over the weekend and then STAY CAUGHT UP. Hopefully that means more regular updates here too.

Next, see my little ticker below for our cruise? Well, that was on and off for a while, I was always hoping it would work out though, so I left the ticker. And....IT DID! We are CRUISING on June 2! It's an 8-night Bahamian from NYC on the Disney Magic. We are sooooooo EXCITED!!!! 2 sea days, Nassau, Castaway Cay (on my 33rd birthday! ) a day at WDW, followed by 2 more sea days. We have a Category 6 Verandah room. I have been active with a DIS group and cannot wait to meet them all!

Here is the Fish Extender and pillowcase I had made for the trip:

Our plan for our day at WDW is to start at DHS for some RnRC, ST and TSMM, then boat over to EPCOT for lunch, Soarin', and some World Showcase (we also can't go there and not ride the "Find Donald" ride-Henry's favorite). Then monorail over to MK for the remainder of the evening, dinner and Wishes. A busy, but wonderful day!

Our next full-WDW trip will be in October. We are taking some friends from Minnesota with us, who have wanted to take their kids for YEARS. I'm SO excited to bring them with us and it's been fun planning so far! We will have a 2-bedroom at OKW! We really loved OKW in August and look forward to returning...plus those rooms are just massive! It will be a real treat for our friends.

Our current plan for that trip looks like this:
  • Arrival day, Joe and I might hit a park until they arrive (their flight is later), Downtown Disney with a dinner at Raglan Road.
  • Their son is taking a YES! class, so they have that the next morning, and the rest of us will go to MK. Meet up at lunch, then back to the resort for swim/nap. MK that night, dinner at 1900 Park Fare (or, if Be Our Guest is open, it will be there).
  • Day three has our family sleeping in, theirs will go to Epcot. We will meet up with them at Epcot at some point, then monorail over to MK for MNSSHP! Our first party! While we are not Halloween people at all, you all have convinced me this is a "must" - we have to try it! Henry will love dressing up and the trick-or-treating. Our friends have opted not to do the party, so they will likely stay at Epcot. That morning they have an Akershus breakfast.
  • Day four will be hairy. After a late night at the party, we have to be up and at 'em for DHS. DHS is VERY important to their son, he's 9 and loves Star Wars and Indiana Jones. But, we love DHS, and understand the race for FPs there, so I don't think it will be too hard to pull out of bed for it! We will be eating lunch at Sci-Fi. The kids will love that. The friends will stay for Fantastmic! Joe, Henry and I aren't fans of it really, so we will likely either boat to Epcot, or just go back to the hotel.
  • Day five, another early morning with a breakfast at Tusker House. Then a day at AK. We will call it an early day after our time at AK, return to the villa, frozen pizza for dinner, pool, relax, movie, take advantage of the resort.
  • Day six, we will all go to MK and do whatever we have missed/want to do again. That night we have a dinner at 'Ohana and will watch HalloWishes from the Poly beach.
  • Day seven, our departure day. Friends have not bought their return ticket, but Joe and I won't have ME until 4 PM - so we will head to Epcot! We have lunch at Biergarten. We have wanted to return there since we ate there in December 2009. YUM.

That's our trip!

All subject to change. Of course.

We usually do NOT have that many ADRs in a trip, we are more QS people with a sprinkle of TS...so it will be something new for us. We will likely be on the DDP-I have to recalculate the numbers to be sure though. If the DDP doesn't pay for itself, we'll likely drop Raglan Road and Biergarten and just do QS.

And our trip after that will be in February 2013...we will be staying Club Level at AKV! We are very, very excited about trying Club Level! I hope we get the savannah view-something else we've never had!

Now, onto more updates!
As many of you know, via Facebook, the Fantasy was in NYC in February and I had a chance to go see her! Unfortunately getting ON the ship did not work out but, at least I got to see her up close. Here are a few shots from that:

She is just HUGE and beautiful. One the day she left, I went down to see her off and she played all her horns. I was standing there with a seasonal Cast Member that works at the MK Guest Relations and the co-owner/manager of the DTD location of Babycakes NYC. We were all completely geeking out! It was great.

Video: Disney Fantasy Horns

And finally, we spent a few nights in Washington D.C. over Easter and had a GREAT time. This has been on my "Bucket List" for a while now, so I'm elated to have finally done it! We will definitely be back. I had the awesome opportunity to meet up with a couple DISers: missyrose and Lisa...why can't I remember your DIS name??? Both meets were FANTASTIC. Lovely, lovely, lovely ladies!!! Unfortunately I can't share pictures of those meet ups due to my photo service being down and I haven't uploaded the pics to Facebook yet! However, if you are interested, you can follow the story along with my mini-TR on our blog and I will eventually get to the meets! : www.joeandbrook.com

I do believe that covers the basics. Oh! One quickie - we are planning on moving apartments on July 1. We have given our notice and are already speaking to broker to find a new place. We haven't exactly decided where - either Manhattan or Astoria (Queens-where we are now). There are pros and cons to both. Joe is up for a new job...just playing the waiting game...if he gets that it will allow us to be able to afford Manhattan, but our buck goes a LOT further in Astoria-and we love it. But, Manhattan is incredible, we would likely be blocks from Central Park, there is a great school I would try to get Henry into...we are always in the City, it would be really nice! Plus, with the new job Joe would likely be commuting to New Jersey often, so being closer to Herald Square (where the NJ trains come in), would cut down on his commute a TON. And mix in the craziness of getting your kid into Kindergarten in NYC and it's all FUN! Or something. I know it will work out - God has given me a great PEACE about it all, but I will fully admit I hate the unknown and am anxious to know what is going to happen with it all...but time will tell. I will being trying to wait patiently for it all to fall into place. All that to say, if you think of me, say a little prayer about this all, moving here is an ORDEAL and very expensive, and apartments go quickly. We want to find a place that feels like home for several years and has a good commute for Joe, a small office space, a good commute to Henry's future school, and a real space for Joe's sister-in-law who lives with us.

And doors. I SO want a door on my bedroom! That is most important! LOL!

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 04-20-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #259
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What a great update... I am impressed by all your vacation plans! Sounds like the move will be a bit stressful...but a good ome I will say a little prayer that it goes smoothly and that you get your doors
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #260
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Next, see my little ticker below for our cruise? Well, that was on and off for a while, I was always hoping it would work out though, so I left the ticker. And....IT DID! We are CRUISING on June 2! It's an 8-night Bahamian from NYC on the Disney Magic. We are sooooooo EXCITED!!!! 2 sea days, Nassau, Castaway Cay (on my 33rd birthday! ) a day at WDW, followed by 2 more sea days. We have a Category 6 Verandah room. I have been active with a DIS group and cannot wait to meet them all!
I can't wait to meet you and your family also. I have been reading your trip reports for a few years and feel like I have watched Henry grow up. It's going to be a great cruise!

All of your upcoming WDW trips look great. Our next full trip there is planned for June 2013. We are going to spend 4-5 days and then do a 3-night on the Dream. I am trying to keep this a secret from the boys because they say I never surprise them with trips. We also might try to throw in a day at Universal to see Harry Potter.

You are going to have a busy summer with a move. I hope everything works out and that you get your DOOR.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #261
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Great Life Update! When are your October dates? We are going to be there the 20th-27th and are also doing our first MNSSHP I cant wait to experience it. I think we are going on Tues, the 23rd. My DD13, Olivia, is also doing a YES class that day...Wild by Nature at AK. This will be our first offsite trip since 1999. We are staying at Bonnet Creek. With Kayla graduating college in May and getting married in July....we need a more budget trip (hence the YES tickets and BC).
You picture of the Ship are so cool. How lucky that you get to have that beautiful ship sail right into your city
Praying thing work out just the way you need them to with the job, school and move. I know that is stressful! We are trying to get through graduation, find Kayla and her Fiance jobs, housing, get through the wedding....so much stress! I feel your stress
And you are so crafty! I love the pillowcase you made...what is the Fish Extender? Never heard of that...
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #262
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Cute Bathrooms and a Giant Whale

We left off finishing our not-so-memorable second breakfast at the Jolly Holiday. Time to get moving again!

We went right back to Fantasyland. I wanted to ride Alice in Wonderland.

Isn't that pretty?

A quick bathroom break was had at the restrooms right next to Alice in Wonderland. I stepped inside and declared these the cutest bathrooms ever.

When Joe came out he, like a good husband, also decided they warranted a picture!

A few more details outside the bathroom

The line for Alice stretched out of the queue, which was surprising because everything else had been a walk-on! We found out the ride was down, so we decided to move on to the teacups that are right next to Alice.

First, Henry found a little door that was part of the Alice ride and had to see if he could get inside the house.

Just gotta love those Disney details.

It was so strange seeing the teacups with no roof! But it's very pretty! It seems a lot smaller overall.

Within minutes we were in a teacup!

Every previous trip Henry had chosen a pink teacup. Colorblind Joe was very happy he chose blue this time.

Henry LOVES the teacups!

After our spin on the teacups, Alice was up and running, but had a 20 minute wait. We opted to head to the Storybook Land Canal Boats instead.

When Henry first caught glimpse of that giant whale he got very nervous. He wanted to still try the ride, but had 1.4 million questions about the whale - "Is he real?" "Is he eating the boats?" "Are the boats in his stomach?" "Where is Jonah?"

Our wait was about 15 minutes, it's a slow loader. As we boarded our little boat, the Cast Member must have picked up on Henry's fear. He told him he would have to be the "whale watcher" for the boat and he should sit right up front on the raised area. Henry felt pretty important with this job so he got right into the boat and proudly sat down in the very front area of the boat. Before we took off, he kept glancing at that giant whale though, and insisted I sit RIGHT next to him!

My little Whale Watcher.

This is also the first time I noticed the casual-ness of the Disneyland Cast Members. This nice man who made Henry the whale watcher was also holding a personal conversation with another Cast Member - talking about texting so and so, etc. NOTHING to do with work. I was a bit surprised. You do NOT find this at Walt Disney World. They are "on stage" and should be at Disneyland too. It was not the last occurrence of it happening either. Even managers! I am guessing this is due to it being a locals park, so locals really don't care all that much...

Anyway! We are in the boat, let's go!

Here we come Monstro!

In case you don't know, these little boats take you through various stories/scenes. There is a narration to it all, but I honestly don't remember a lick of it. I was preoccupied with Henry - who was still very nervous about it all.

Continued in the next post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #263
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Continued from previous post

You can see Casey Jr. on the left.

This was a charming little ride, and I'm glad we went on it, but I don’t think I would wait 15 minutes for it again unless it was something someone very much wanted to do. It’s great for the littles...or the toddlers that are suddenly scared of everything! And perhaps I could have enjoyed it more had I been able to listen to the narration instead of reassure a little man that the boat would not sink/flip over/crash, etc.

So, since Henry was still scared of everything so far except Dumbo and the teacups, I thought we should do Casey Jr. That is truly a tame ride, INFANTS can ride it!!

It was soon our turn, we got locked up in a cage

And...guess what?

Henry was scared.

He was scared the train would get stuck, crash or fall off the tracks. There was a hill at one point and he was certain we would zoom down it. He was a wreck!

My poor little guy.

These little circus cages are small. You will be cramped! And this picture makes me laugh. Who made that teen boy ride this?!

View from the train:

We made it unscathed!

After almost every ride Henry would let out a whoop - he would say he liked it, but he did NOT want to ride again. It was like his little celebration of "I made it! I'm alive!"

My only goal for that morning had been to cover Fantasyland and we had done a pretty good job! We had yet to do it's a small world and Alice, but we figured we'd get back to them, let's mosey on into Frontierland!

Up Next: The Great Corn Dog Throwdown
Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #264
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What a great update... I am impressed by all your vacation plans! Sounds like the move will be a bit stressful...but a good ome I will say a little prayer that it goes smoothly and that you get your doors
We went from no solid vacation plans to three trips in a span of about a month. I was going craZy with no plans!

Thank you for the prayer! I'll hopefully keep things updated here as we find a place/move, etc. Henry has asked for a garden (yard), and a bathtub in the new place. He also wants a bigger room. We currently have a little garden, but it's very small-not really a place to play. Hopefully we can get those AND doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I can't wait to meet you and your family also. I have been reading your trip reports for a few years and feel like I have watched Henry grow up. It's going to be a great cruise!

All of your upcoming WDW trips look great. Our next full trip there is planned for June 2013. We are going to spend 4-5 days and then do a 3-night on the Dream. I am trying to keep this a secret from the boys because they say I never surprise them with trips. We also might try to throw in a day at Universal to see Harry Potter.

You are going to have a busy summer with a move. I hope everything works out and that you get your DOOR.
I can't wait to meet you either! We have been chatting forever on here! My first PTR was when Henry was around 6 months old. How time flies! It will be a lot of fun meeting you and your family. And hopefully the cabana works out too.

I was thinking I could tack on a short cruise to our October trip, but the dates don't work and we have already purchased our plane tickets. February is a bit flexible though. I would love to get on the Dream or Fantasy soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Great Life Update! When are your October dates? We are going to be there the 20th-27th and are also doing our first MNSSHP I cant wait to experience it. I think we are going on Tues, the 23rd. My DD13, Olivia, is also doing a YES class that day...Wild by Nature at AK. This will be our first offsite trip since 1999. We are staying at Bonnet Creek. With Kayla graduating college in May and getting married in July....we need a more budget trip (hence the YES tickets and BC).
You picture of the Ship are so cool. How lucky that you get to have that beautiful ship sail right into your city
Praying thing work out just the way you need them to with the job, school and move. I know that is stressful! We are trying to get through graduation, find Kayla and her Fiance jobs, housing, get through the wedding....so much stress! I feel your stress
And you are so crafty! I love the pillowcase you made...what is the Fish Extender? Never heard of that...
Our dates are the 16th-22nd, so maybe we can meet up!!!

I've heard Bonnet Creek is very nice. So far any time I have priced an off-site trip (when we have used our DVC points!), it has been just the same price to stay on-site between renting a car and parking fees. Someday I want to try offsite though, just to try it!

Oh no honey - I did NOT make those. I am NOT crafty at alllllllll. Like the polar opposite. I have never even attempted iron ons because I am pretty convinvced I would ruin them! I purchased them from "Magical Dreams Boutique". I only wish I could do things like that!!

A Fish Extender is a cruise thing - I think it might be just a DIS thing too. Outside the stateroom doors on the Disney ship is a little "fish" that you can hang those pocket holders on (or other things). You sign up with a group on the DIS and you exchange little gifts - homemade or store bought. And you place the gifts for each other in the Fish Extender pockets. Cute, right? I still have to get busy on our gifts, I have some of it purchased, but not all...
Old 04-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #265
blessedby3

I love the look of the boat ride! I think Alexa would be terrified too of going into that whale. She is pretty skiddish about most things--unfortunately! The Casey Jr. looks fun too! It is funny to see people in those train cages
I am SO enjoying seeing your Disneyland trip...and SO dreaming that one day I will get there
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #266
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Great update! Lovin it and dying to go to DLR!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #267
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Our dates are the 16th-22nd, so maybe we can meet up!!!

I've heard Bonnet Creek is very nice. So far any time I have priced an off-site trip (when we have used our DVC points!), it has been just the same price to stay on-site between renting a car and parking fees. Someday I want to try offsite though, just to try it!

Oh no honey - I did NOT make those. I am NOT crafty at alllllllll. Like the polar opposite. I have never even attempted iron ons because I am pretty convinvced I would ruin them! I purchased them from "Magical Dreams Boutique". I only wish I could do things like that!!

A Fish Extender is a cruise thing - I think it might be just a DIS thing too. Outside the stateroom doors on the Disney ship is a little "fish" that you can hang those pocket holders on (or other things). You sign up with a group on the DIS and you exchange little gifts - homemade or store bought. And you place the gifts for each other in the Fish Extender pockets. Cute, right? I still have to get busy on our gifts, I have some of it purchased, but not all...
A meet up sounds great if we can work it out! We will have to compare stuff as it gets closer
We actually have driven the past 3 trips as flying with 6 gets VERY expensive so this WDW trip is probably the cheapest we have done! We got tickets for $932 (for 8 day base x 5 ) and our BC room is $833 for the week...so $1765 for 5 of us for 7 nights. Our food is aleady taken care of from rewards cards (Disney Visa rewards, Opening a Chase Freedom card that gave us $300 cash back, DVC tour $40 gift card, Disney Movie Reward points for Gift cards). The only other things we have to purchase are our MNSSHP tickets and gas down and back and parking per day
I am used to our trips costing $3000 plus without airfare...so I am happy with this one
I thought you got all crafty on me!! The people who made those for you did such a great job! So cute. I dont have a crafty bone in my body either. I wish I did with Kayla's wedding coming up...that crafty bone sure would have come in handy
Old 04-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #268
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Brook, I think our October dates line up! Morghan and I will be there Oct 15th-19th. I'd love to meet you!

I hope you can find a new, awesome apartment!

That big kid on the circus ride is hilarious! I wonder if that's his mom smiling at him?

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #269
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

You must be busy at the moment making plans for trips and plans to move!

We've done the Storybook boat ride equivalent at DLParis - there was definitely no whale and I don't remember any narration but it was a long time ago, on our very first Disney (pre-children) trip, and we tried EVERYTHING DLParis is very small in comparison to WDW and, I guess, DL.
I know we didn't go on it again when we took Alice a few years later, but we went at a really quiet time and I have a feeling it was closed. And probably not memorable enough for us to mind

I enjoyed those pictures of the cruise ship - it is just enormous! We have talked to the girls about taking a cruise one day and I have been reminded about it at least a couple of times recently when the cruise adverts pop up on screen in our local Disney Store!

I also had fun reading about your plans for your October trip and found it really interesting seeing you plan for two families with different interests. We took my parents to WDW last August and had some juggling/balancing to do to keep everyone happy, but reading your comments about Fantasmic made me realise how hard that must be sometimes as a TA - making recommendations that suit everyone's different tastes
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #270
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hi Brook!

I've been following along with this TR but finally decided to post. I think I've already said this but you're really making me want to go back to Disneyland! It's been 5 years and with all the new additions I need to go. haha

Great pictures of the Fantasy. I am so jealous you are going on a cruise soon. It seems like everyone on the DIS is doing a cruise. So incredibly jealous!

haha, I knew it wouldn't be long before you announced another Disney trip! I knew you had your cruise but was wondering when your next WDW trip would be. A 2-BR sounds great-we stayed at one at SSR and it was amazing. YAY for your first party! I am not really a Halloween person either but it's such a fun event. Definitely a must-do!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: