DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Enjoy it while you can. Now that it was posted on the DIS, Disney knows about it and if they have an issue with last minute adds, they will enforce/change the policy.

According to my Disney management friends, that's what happened with segmented reservations. Management received feed back from the resorts about the problems that they were having but the tipping point was when they took posts from the DIS where members had posted their schedules.

They never realized the people would flip dining plans and take days off between plans. That removed too much profit from the program and added costs due to CM involvement.

Bill
And they have lots of options, if they chose to deal with this issue. None of them being to the benefit of DVC Members.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Enjoy it while you can. Now that it was posted on the DIS, Disney knows about it and if they have an issue with last minute adds, they will enforce/change the policy.

According to my Disney management friends, that's what happened with segmented reservations. Management received feed back from the resorts about the problems that they were having but the tipping point was when they took posts from the DIS where members had posted their schedules.

They never realized the people would flip dining plans and take days off between plans. That removed too much profit from the program and added costs due to CM involvement.

Bill
I find it difficult to believe they were that naive. With any choice or change they should have a item of how it can be used/abused just like with walking reservations.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
Hummmmm. Sounds and smells like a work around to me....if everyone has to have the same dining plan...then the front desk should charge the additional person for the dining plan when the person is added, for the entire reservation and not just days they will be in the room....seems only fair to me...we've paid for days for persons that left early or came later in the reservation...one who didn't come at all..
How I found this out is I wanted to add my DM on to the DDP and was told I could not. The one time she flew down to meet us last minute...the other time she was driving back from Lake Wales with the intention of going on to Georgia and just decided to stay and return home with us two days later
This was a couple of years ago prior to the reservation system being upgraded so it may have worked itself out by now.

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #19
Bouncin-Tigger
DVC + DIS = Expensive Habit

Thanks again all update in 1st post
10/19-10/26 1br BLT
2014 TRIPS
5/29-6/9 1 br SSR
8/1-8/8 Art of Animation
12/13-12/21 1 br BLT
Bouncin-Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #20
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

I'll offer a cautionary tale that this doesn't always work. While staying at BCV this past summer, I asked about adding my parents to our room. Adding them would have made 4 in a studio, so we were within the official occupancy. We weren't on any dining plan. The front desk wouldn't allow me to do it. I also called MS, and they also said it couldn't be done.

Fortunately, it didn't cause us any hardship. My parents had a room at their own timeshare. I was just trying to add them to our room so we could do SAB together.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
I'll offer a cautionary tale that this doesn't always work. While staying at BCV this past summer, I asked about adding my parents to our room. Adding them would have made 4 in a studio, so we were within the official occupancy. We weren't on any dining plan. The front desk wouldn't allow me to do it. I also called MS, and they also said it couldn't be done.

Fortunately, it didn't cause us any hardship. My parents had a room at their own timeshare. I was just trying to add them to our room so we could do SAB together.
You didn't push hard enough or in the right way. They can't deny you the right to add people to the room at check in or after if you're within the occupancy. They can charge you if you're on a dining plan.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:

I can't imagine how they could you prevent you from adding people up to the occupancy of the unit, no matter when you added them. I think in that case an email to Member satisfaction would be in order.

As for the original issue and Disney finding a way to prevent it. I'm not sure why they would want to. If you are under occupancy and staying in your unit when someone else comes to join you unexpectedly, then I think it would be to Disney's benefit to add them. They are, after all, getting extra revenue from those people at meals and park admissions etc.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:

we switched from AKV to BCV last year, and 4 members of our party who were scheduled to fly home that day had to stay b/c my niece got such terrible food poisoning that she was not going to be able to fly. So they pushed their flights back a day. There were originally 4 of us checking in for a 2BR at BCV, so at check in I just added the additional 4 people. They never questioned it, never hinted that it wasn't allowed. By any chance did you specifically say that you were only adding them so they could use SAB? Not that it should matter, but I wonder if this wouldn't have been their issue? Either way, I don't see how they can tell you that you can't add people as long as you are within the allowed occupancy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: