Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Rock wall, Rock Lobster, Cakes, Skates, Allure Glass Cleaning and Disco Balls. Pt.2

After skating, we had to hurry a bit to get ready for dinner. We had 6:45 reservations for MTD tonight. It was 2nd formal night, so we expected it to be super busy in the dining room this evening, and it was.
We were a few minutes late for our reservations and weren’t sure if they would honor it. The line for “no reservations” was massive, but I got in it in case we were too late for our reservation. Ron went up to the”reservations” side desk to check, and sure enough they said we were not too late. We would still have to wait for a few minutes to be seated, however. The MDR on Allure at each deck has a large comfortably furnished waiting area, complete with these by-the-glass wine dispensers. (They are on each deck). Just swipe your Sea Pass card! Ingenious!

Waiting for our table:

We only had to wait about 10 minutes before we were seated. We were on the other side of the dining room this evening, and we informed our server Laurence and his team that we had Blue Planet reservations and would need to eat fairly quickly. He assured us we would make the show in time, and his team did an AMAZING JOB getting us in and out of the dining room in about an hour and 10 minutes. Kudos!

For appetizers, the boys chose the Seafood Salad: shrimp, scallops and smoked salmon with a brandy cocktail sauce:

I had the Creamed Wild mushrooms in Puff Pastry: A heart blend of wild mushrooms, cream, and herbs encased in a delicate puff pastry: delicious!

The entrees were quickly out:

Sarah and Savannah ate from the kids’ menu: chicken tenders and spaghetti and meat sauce respectively:

And my seafood loving boys both had the Fisherman’s plate: Lobster tail and Garlic shrimp:

I had the Thai BBQ Chicken Breast with perfumed Jasmine Rice:

I wasn’t expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. The chicken was quite tasty. It was coated in a spice rub and drizzled with a coconut/lemongrass sauce. While peanut flavor was quite discernable, I was expecting the “BBQ” flavor to be sweet/sour based- it wasn’t. In fact there wasn’t any BBQ flavor at all. Of course this was the first time I had had any Thai food so my expectations could be unrealistic. It was very tasty and perfectly cooked. Very juicy and tender chicken.

Our awesomely fast serving team was ready for dessert as soon as we were. Dessert for all of us choosing to eat it was the Sampler Trio. As described very simply on the menu, a trio of exquisite tastes and textures on one plate.

I have no idea what the ones on the end are. I think one was mango-ish. They were somewhat bland and vanilla. The highlight for sure is the flourless chocolate cake in the center. Wish I could have just gotten three of those, it was scrumptious!!!

We were finished with dinner and headed to the Amber Theater for the evening's show before 8:30 PM. Blue Planet would start at 9:00 and we wanted to get decent seats. We entered at Deck 4, which is the balcony level. There was still plenty of seating here, even front row, but we could see that the railing would impede the view a bit from those seated in the first row or two. We could see there were still plenty of prime seats below so we headed down to the main level of the theater.

We got what could arguably be some of the best seats in the house. We were dead center of a row about halfway back from the stage. We were directly in front of the mixer board/sound and effects personnel in fact. GREAT seats!

OK, so here is the one and only picture I took during Blue Planet worth posting. The new little point & shoot was just so horrible I didn’t even bother trying to get any during the show.

About the show, we loved it. Blue Planet is amazing. It is visually stimulating with the usual singing, dancing but so much more- acrobatics, trampoline, and more. The plot is somewhat shaky- there is the whole mother Nature/earth theme going on and then it kind of just busts into this weird love story, then back to the nature stuff. Not cohesive at all, but frankly it didn’t much matter. This show is just all about the visual spectacle, the tricks and acrobatics. It was pretty enthralling. We thought the vocal talent was outstanding- man that Mother Nature can wail! The singing and dancing numbers were fun and exciting. The acrobatics, aerial work, trampolines, just all captivating. The living tree and underwater scenes are not to be missed.

Since I did not do a good job of getting pictures, here are a few I've rounded up to give you an idea of what this show is all about:

Sarah fell dead asleep during it though!

Back up in the rooms, the kids were tuckered out and Brendan agreed to look over sleeping Sarah so Ron and I could go check out the 70’s dance party on the Promenade.

After he eats his S’mores cupcake, of course:

We had a cute puppy and a monkey hanging around when we returned to our staterooms:

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allure, cruise, rccl, rci, shrek

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: