Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
ducky_love
Saving the world one tourist at a time.

Recent Magic Arrival Times?

Does anyone have recent experience with arriving before your "time" for the Magic? We booked a last minute cruise and the earliest check in time available was 1pm. We are get there before they open and be first in line people!! We are really bummed about not being able to keep our tradition.

If we go early are they going to make us sit outside? Or give us a #50? (we've never had a number higher than 3 )

I really appreciate anyone sharing their experience.
DLP: November 2013
FIRST TRIP TDL: September 2014!!
ducky_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Even if you arrive early, my understanding is your boarding # is based on your scheduled arrival time.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The issue of the terminal arrival times is a much bigger deal on the new ships than on the classic. However, boarding card numbers are tied to terminal arrival times.

Unless you are using DCL transportation, I think you can kiss your number 3 goodbye. However, the difference between the "family of the day" and number 8 was 18 minutes for us on one Magic cruise.

No, I wouldn't expect something like a number 50....and if you arrived after 11:45, you wouldn't be waiting outside. Take a deep breath and enjoy a last minute cruise.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
GeorgeY
Let me just say "I Love living in Central Florida."
Climbed up to Vernal Falls

We were on the March 24 Magic. We arrived at 10:40am, I wasn't sure if they would allow us in, but they sent us right to drop off our luggage. I was really surprised that when we got into the terminal, it was Very full already. It also seemed like most had already checked in, so it appears they opened it up alot earlier than that.

We were concierge, but the people we travelled with in our car, had an 11:30 arrival. They got a boarding number of 6.

I don't think they are concerned as much with the Magic as it holds less people.

As a side note, boarding was delayed due to a Coast Guard inspection, and that also delayed room availability for a short while.

George
GeorgeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
The issue of the terminal arrival times is a much bigger deal on the new ships than on the classic. However, boarding card numbers are tied to terminal arrival times.

Unless you are using DCL transportation, I think you can kiss your number 3 goodbye. However, the difference between the "family of the day" and number 8 was 18 minutes for us on one Magic cruise.

No, I wouldn't expect something like a number 50....and if you arrived after 11:45, you wouldn't be waiting outside. Take a deep breath and enjoy a last minute cruise.
Does using Disney transportation make a difference? We are going on our first cruise in a week and a half on the Magic. We have an arrival time of noon, but we are arriving via Disney transfers from MCO. Will they let us in when we arrive, even if it is early b/c we are on Disney buses? Will we get our boarding number at the terminal or MCO? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Does using Disney transportation make a difference? We are going on our first cruise in a week and a half on the Magic. We have an arrival time of noon, but we are arriving via Disney transfers from MCO. Will they let us in when we arrive, even if it is early b/c we are on Disney buses? Will we get our boarding number at the terminal or MCO? Thanks!
You will check in for the cruise at MCO and receive your boarding number then. Depending on when you get to the check in and how many folks are ahead of you will determine what number you get. They will let you into the cruise terminal when you arrive.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
I was on the 9:30 bus to the port from MCO and was given boarding #2...so yes, if you check in early at the ME desk for your cruise and get one on the first bus you can get a boarding #2 card. I checked in at 8:20 at the ME desk.

You will get your boarding number at MCO when you board the bus.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
mousemamma
Mouseketeer

Do you get boarding times in LA, Seattle, Vancouver?

Does Disney use the same boarding process when you cruise out of a port other than Port Canaveral?

We are traveling next year out of Miami and I'm wondering if those who have traveled out of LA, Vancouver and Seattle had the same check-in procedure (getting a time, etc). This will be our first non Port Canaveral Disney trip.
mousemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemamma View Post
Does Disney use the same boarding process when you cruise out of a port other than Port Canaveral?

We are traveling next year out of Miami and I'm wondering if those who have traveled out of LA, Vancouver and Seattle had the same check-in procedure (getting a time, etc). This will be our first non Port Canaveral Disney trip.
On every port we have used other than Canaveral (LA, Barcelona, Dover, Ft. Lauderdale), DCL sets things up as much like Port Canaveral as possible. Some small details may vary--like you get a time but then they ignore the times.....but the basic process is the same.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: