Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #16
Biggsfamily
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders Unite 3-9-13 Galveston

Ok DISers,

I am officially starting a fish extender group for the 3-9-2013. The link provided above was a big confidence booster. So even though I have never participated in a FE before, let alone been on a cruise, I will do my best to facilitate this FE.

Please send me a personal message if you want to be part of the group. Once we accumulate 10 participants we will begin to discuss rules and everything else. If you have been invoked in a FE before please speak up and lend the group your experience. I want this to be fun an easy. (I tend to make things conveluted...so please help me)

I am looking very forward to next March.

Biggsfamly
Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
jamiehicks
Hicks Invade Disney

My family is interested in participating.
jamiehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
bajadahl
I am the Pirate your mom warned you about!!!

Hello All,

I just made our reservations for this cruise. Still concentrating on my first cruise which sails in June but now have Spring Break 2013 ready to go.

So hello for now and I'll be back after cruise #1 is done.

Alan
bajadahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Howdy fellow Texans (and any neighboring Southern states!)

Just booked a few days ago and are looking forward to NOT HAVING TO PAY AIRFARE for a Disney cruise! As if the prices of Disney cruises aren't high enough. (Yes, they're worth it, but I kept wishing upon a star that DCL would one day sail from Galveston so we could save what we'd pay in airfare for a future cruise deposit.)

As of now, it will be my DH Rob, our DD Rachel (who'll be 18 when we sail) her BFF Shanelle (17) and me, Priscilla. (Rob and I are both eligible to join AARP.) That's all I'm saying about our ages.

My brother, DSIL, two nephews and niece are also booked (I need to tell them about this thread.)

Both of our families have participated in the FEs, and they're a lot of fun. I'll try to upload photos soon. I think it's a great idea!

Just also wanted to mention..when we sailed DCL in 2011, our DISboard group created a FB page as well. I know some people prefer not to join or use FB, and that's fine. We kept communication via both sites.

See ya real soon!
Priscilla

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #20
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

I just created a FB group for those here who would like to join.

In the FB search box.."DCL Magical Spring Break Cruise March 9, 2013"

Hope to see you there.

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #21
bajadahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
Howdy fellow Texans (and any neighboring Southern states!)

Just booked a few days ago and are looking forward to NOT HAVING TO PAY AIRFARE for a Disney cruise! As if the prices of Disney cruises aren't high enough. (Yes, they're worth it, but I kept wishing upon a star that DCL would one day sail from Galveston so we could save what we'd pay in airfare for a future cruise deposit.)

As of now, it will be my DH Rob, our DD Rachel (who'll be 18 when we sail) her BFF Shanelle (17) and me, Priscilla. (Rob and I are both eligible to join AARP.) That's all I'm saying about our ages.

My brother, DSIL, two nephews and niece are also booked (I need to tell them about this thread.)

Both of our families have participated in the FEs, and they're a lot of fun. I'll try to upload photos soon. I think it's a great idea!

Just also wanted to mention..when we sailed DCL in 2011, our DISboard group created a FB page as well. I know some people prefer not to join or use FB, and that's fine. We kept communication via both sites.

See ya real soon!
Priscilla

Haha - you beat me to it. I was thinking I would start a Facebook group for this cruise after I finished my first cruise. Not a huge Facebook user but I joined a Facebook group for our June 2012 cruise and am having a ton of fun getting to know the folks I'll be cruising with in less than 60 days now.

So Hello again from Austin and I'll look for you out on Facebook.

Alan
We Are: Me, DW, DD(11), and DD(9) (Ages at time of March Cruise)
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #22
bajadahl

Quote:

Hope to see you there.
Just sent a request to Join your Facebook group for the cruise. Thanks for setting it up.

Alan
Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #23
sauterelledesiles
Earning My Ears

Pin

We got lucky, both DH and I received a PIN in the mail for a discount on a cruise. Fine prints read new bookings only, but the DCL reservation person was able to apply it to our current reservations! We saved over $600!!!

Looking forward to "meeting" other people here before we all meet for real on the ship!

WDW off site May 2003
DL off site March 2005
Poly June 2008
BC March 2010
Pop Century November 2010
Magic March 2012
Magic March 2013
sauterelledesiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
Welcome to all the new cruisers!

We just got off the Wonder on Sunday and we had a huge blast! I reshopped this cruise on board but had to go with a higher category because ours was sold out. But we were fortunate because our TA was able to drop the other reservation and snag our room back with the discount and OBC so we are now saving $700. Include the $500 card we get back from the TA and the $200 OBC the cruise is starting to look reasonable.

Another question for those of you who have cruised out of Galveston. I just tried to look at room rates (I know it is insanely early) but they appeared to be really expensive because of spring break in Galveston. Like $250/night. We were hoping to drive from Austin on Friday and stay the night but that looks crazy expensive. Has anyone cruised spring break and did you just pay up or stay in Houston somewhere? I guess 30 minutes wouldn't be too bad of a drive I just don't want to drive all the way from Austin the morning of the cruise. We'll probably stay the night and look around again when we get back but at $250/night I would rather have spending money for the ship
Check again I found plenty of rooms in the 90-130 range. In fact I booked a 2 room suite at Springhill suites ( a Marriott property) for $179.
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #25
sauterelledesiles
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Hope to see you there.
I just asked to join the FB group: Sonia B

WDW off site May 2003
DL off site March 2005
Poly June 2008
BC March 2010
Pop Century November 2010
Magic March 2012
Magic March 2013
sauterelledesiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #26
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDCLfan View Post
Check again I found plenty of rooms in the 90-130 range. In fact I booked a 2 room suite at Springhill suites ( a Marriott property) for $179.
Thanks we are booked there too!

I think I was trying to early to get any reasonable offers.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #27
catislander
Mouseketeer

Greetings all, we're just about to transfer our reservation from the October Hawaiian to this cruise. We're getting ready to move from Catalina Island to Wimberley, Texas, at the end of June and with the move the two weeks was just too much.
It will be myself, my DH Ken and our DD7 (8 when we cruise) Isabella. We'd like to be part of the fish exchange.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone,
Sherri
catislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Hello all Looks like me and my peeps will be joining you guys. We are super excited. It will be Me-Traci Hubby-Tim- Son Nate-13 and Lill Brother Ryan 15. We have cruise before on the Magic and would love to be apart of the FE!

Sent req for FB group
Old 06-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #29
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Hello peeps. I did join the FB page but wanted to see if anyone was talking here. do we think we will have enough people to do the FE? I'm super excited about this cruise. Hope we get a little more chatty as it gets closer to cruise time bc I like to get to know people before we cruise.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #30
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Everyone sorry we changed our cruise to a summer cruise on the Fantasy. I just couldn't resist the draw of the new ships.

Have fun and sadly we'll have to wait an extra 4 months now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: