Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Rewards Programs
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Angie_T
Planning our first cruise!

Disney Rewards card

We are off to DisneyWorld next week!!

I looked at the list of places online that say will take my rewards card as payment. Are there more places that I can use it besides the ones listed? I was hoping to use it at BBB and a few other places. Just trying to decide how much to convert to my redemption card if I can only use it at certain places. Where have some of you used your rewards cards? Thanks!

Angie_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
vickivale
Earning My Ears

Disney Visa worth it?

Just wondering how many of you think it is "worth it" to get a Disney Visa for the sake of the points and getting discounts at Disney?
vickivale is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
JenSinMA
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Worth it

I think it's worth it. Before our first disney trip in 2005, I got the Disney Visa about a year in advance, and used it normally. For me that means for gas, dry cleaners, clothes shopping, etc. I racked up about $700 in rewards dollars that year. I put them on a rewards card that we took with us on our 10-day WDW vacay and called it our "Free Money Card." All the kids' souvenirs were paid for with rewards dollars, as well as all meals that weren't covered by our meal plan. Like we ate at one of the signature restaurants and paid with the rewards card rather than use 2 dining credits. And at the end of the trip, I still had money left on the card and had them apply it to our room bill. DH loved it whenever I whipped out the Free Money Card!

Two years later, we headed back down to Disney for Christmas, only this time I only had about 4 months notice (timing the trip around DH's deployment.) So I got serious about using the Disney Visa for *everything* possible. I managed to get over $400 in rewards in that short time. We weren't on the dining plan that trip, so that Free Money paid for a lot of our meals.

To the OP, I don't know if there are more restaurants that take the rewards card than are listed online, but I suspect there are. I just don't remember ever NOT being able to use it wherever I wanted to during both trips.

JenSinMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
qv09vvp
Disney or Bust

tagging along for the ride..I'm curious too about where I can use my rewards card..I'm definately liking the free money card idea...lol

Next Trip June 2015 for DD HS Graduation! We're so proud of you Kelly!!

qv09vvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #5
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

You can use your Rewards Card to buy Disney Gift Cards at World of Disney, then you can use them wherever DGCs are accepted.

The other thing we do (since we are DVC), which works if you're staying on-site: they're accepted at all the Disney Hotels/Villas, you can charge everything to your room, then pay for the room charges with the DDRDs.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.

Last edited by taaren; 03-25-2012 at 02:42 AM.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
comicguy
DIS Veteran

We have used our Disney rewards to pay for tips while we are on the dining plan.

Some of the places I remember off the top of my head include:

Le Cellier
Grand Flordian cafe
Coral Reef
Prime Time Cafe
Kona
O'hana
Turf Club
Raglan Road
Chefs de France
Italy

and many others, in fact I don't think there is a Disney resturant/consession stand that does not take it unless they don't take credit cards (cash only like street vendors before the parades and fireworks)
Dec 2000 Movies, Jan '03 Movies, Jan '05 Movies, Jan '06 Movies, August '06 POP, Jan '07 POP, Aug '07 POP, Aug '08 POP, Aug '09 POP, Aug '10 POP Aug '11 POP, POP '12, AoA '13

Next Trip: '14 POP
comicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can use a Disney Rewards card at Aulani?
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Brendonsmom
Love the Magic

We are heading on our fifth trip this Saturday to WDW. We have had the card since our son was six months old. The card has helped pay for our four other trips. We went last year at spring break and now have enough saved up to pay for our campsite ($81/6 nights) and our tickets, plus left a balance for our cruise in December. We have always used the rewards in WDW and have never run into a problem. It is accepted anywhere VISA is accepted within the World.
We are able to rack up so many points by using it for everything we purchase. We write one check at the end of the month to VISA and are able to #1 budget and follow our spending, #2 reep the benefits. I don't plan on getting sucked into the new offer where you have to pay in order to receive more points. Hopefully the double and triple point offers will continue to trickle down to us.

Brendonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

I have used my rewards card for meals, hotel purchases, merchandise. I love having the card for my trips....makes me feel better about leaving DH at home while I go to WDW to participate in a RunDisney event.
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
csnkrushin
CT

We used our points for our first trip in 2009...it paid for 7 days (well actually 4 because it was a buy 4 get 3 free deal) at POR with park tickets. We use our Visa for almost everything (we pay our bill each month - so no interest charges)...and now 3 1/2 years later we are heading back and the rewards points are paying for about half of our 6 night stay at POR, with 5 days of tickets and the QS meal plan. I don't think we would go to WDW without the rewards points - makes the vacation much more affordable for us. We debated upgrading to the premiere card and figured that at least for this year we would earn about $200 extra disney dollars for the $50 fee.

2/2009 - POR
7/2012- POR
12/2012 - CB, National Cheer Competition

4/2015 - HHI

csnkrushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
disnutnat
Earning My Ears

You can use your rewards card at Aulani. My hubby and I were just there in March and we used it at all of the restaurants we went to.
disnutnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 AM   #12
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Dcl

Can you use it on DCL?
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
Can you use it on DCL?
You can! just bring it up to guest services and treat it like a credit card. We used it to pay off our on-board account.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
parkinfamily
Livin' the Disney Dream!

We just came back from the Wonder on Alaskan cruise and we used the Rewards Redemption card to apply as on-board credit. It was very simple to do. We did it before we left via our travel agent at AAA.

parkinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
adoucet
Mouseketeer

Do the rewards dollars/points ever expire? I'm thinking of getting a Premier Disney credit card. Would I be able to save up points for 2-3 years and then use them for a trip?

August 2010 - All Star Movies Resort
February 2011 - Old Key West Resort
February 2012 - All Star Music Resort

December 2012 - All Star Movies Resort - Our FIRST Christmas trip!
adoucet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: