Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #391
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Michelle,

Wow! What a day! That's going to be awesome! Regina and Amy are going to take fabulous photos of you!

You must be getting so excited!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #392
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Sounds like a fabulous day! However, you will totally be napping from 3:30-7:30.
I think so 2! I just dont want 2 mess up my hair & makeup..

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
Sounds like an AMAZING but tiring day
true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Busy day, but sound good. Remember to eat something along the way in the morning.
I plan on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Eek, less than a week away now. What day are you leaving for WDW?

Your timeline looks great. I so want to get married at Swan Boat Landing. With the photos before the ceremony is that just you seperate from DH or does it include him? I am trying to convince DBF that if we get married at MK it'll save us money because we won't need a MK photo shoot or much decorations plus I can't get Cinderella's Coach LOL. He doesn't really care but refuses to see me until the ceremony and gosh damn it I want photos and the castle LOL.
I leave this saturday.. Manny & I are taking photos together before the ceremony.. I hope u get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
Hi! I've been lurking and having so much fun reading about all of your plans. You've done an amazing job with every detail. I don't even know how I stumbled over to the wedding board but I'm glad I did because I can't wait to see the finished report and all of your pictures. My dd is only 15 but someday hopes to get married at MK too. I hope you have a beautiful day and night you deserve it!!
Awww thanks hun! I hope she gets to have her magical day one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
Michelle,

Wow! What a day! That's going to be awesome! Regina and Amy are going to take fabulous photos of you!

You must be getting so excited!
Excited & TIRED! these last minutes errands are sucking the life out of me
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #393
virtuous girl

I decided that i wanted some pictures on the table for a little extra decor.. I got one long roman table for the reception & rented 4 five feet tall crystal wedding trees to go down the center as centerpieces.. here are pics to refresh your memory-

So i bought 5 picture frames in black that says live-love-laugh, a can of white spray paint, blue glitter paint, glitter card stock, & disney stickers (all either on sale or with coupons of course! ) & then got wedding pictures of when we first got married & put it all together...

this says- once upon a wedding...

This one says- and they live happily ever after... in this pic u cant really see it but in person u can..

this says- dreams do come true...

this says- wishes do come true...

this says- once upon a time...

they will go in between each of the crystals trees

Oh & by the way I CHANGE MY CAKE!! Manny said why are we getting a cake that feeds 50 people & we are having less than 20 guests... Do u think u could of told me how u felt BEFORE i ordered it! MEN i tell ya! I even showed him the cake before i ordered it.. Just to refresh your memories i ordered a 2 tier mad hatter cake.. Well now the baker & I are trying a design HE HAS NEVER DONE BEFORE He doesnt even have a picture to show me for reference .. U know what I am just going to have to trust that it will turn out just fab...

His suggestion was a round 10”, not as tall as their usual tier height. The cake would be done to look like a drum pillow, with a large white chocolate Cinderella slipper on top. The cake would serve at least 12. Cinderella blue fondant with the decorators choice of additional décor to compliment.. Price for the cake as described above, $185.00... about 6 Cupcakes iced in blue with Cinderella décor on top, i.e. carriage, tiny slipper, castle...

He obviously had done the cupcakes before but not the drum pillow with everything together.. He also said that the slipper is not the size of the cinderella slipper dessert they normally serve, that it will be much larger than that..
I also wanted a fancy looking cupcake stand & for them to kind of set the cakes out like this-

I want the castle cake on top..
I had purchased the crystal toppers & crystal bands to go around each layer of the mad hatter cake when i was going to get it... so now i want them to use the crystals to BLING the crap out of the cake/cupcakes! They are going to spray the shoe a shimmery silver to try to match my shoes that day, I hope they have enough SHIMMER! The cost for the whole cake idea about $360... I save about $90 compared to the $450 the 2 tier mad hatter cake cost.. SO THATS A BONUS IN MY BOOK!!

They said they are going to try to keep the cake a cinderella theme to try & match my decor.. It's funny because I didn't even have a theme for this event & it just so happens that everything is similar to cinderella's theme.. I have seen disney cakes & I believe it will come out nice.. Just thought i would share with u guys...

I had a phone conversation with disney's videographers & come to find out there will be THREE videographers that day!!! It just keeps getting better & better!

Peace out
Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #394
ladyemz
Mouseketeer

Wow Michelle, Regina and Amy will be amazing, can't wait to see your photos

Love the idea of the new cake and it's fab that it will be so unique for you.

You are so creative and have done an amazing job on all of your DIY projects, love the latest frames, perfect! So excited for you! xxx

Emma & Scott's Wishes Wedding PJ

DLP - 2008, 2011
WDW - 2011 POR/BLT, 2012 - Offsite villa (March - DFTW Planning!) SSR/GF/DCL/BLT (October - Our wedding and Disneymoon!)
ladyemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #395
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

Ooho my god how amazing!

If they take 2000 pics of you on that day, I'd like to see each and every one of those 2000 please!!

New cake sounds great

So excited for you!! xx

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #396
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

The picture frames look awesome! Love that glitter! Bling twin!

Your cake sounds like it will be beautiful! Gotta love that savings! And I say go for the bling on the cake and cupcakes! MAKE IT SPARKLE!

Your day is so soon! Can't wait to see how it all comes together!!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #397
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Those picture frames are awesome. you did a great job transforming them from black. Love the new cake ideas too.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #398
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

You are going to have so much sparkly! The frames are great I need to do our table signs I think you will appreciate what I am going to do after seeing this!

The cake sounds interesting I can not picture it in my head but I can't wait for pictures.

Man this is coming up so soon!!!!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #399
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran

I love those frames! Where did you find them?? I can't believe you're getting so so so close! I can't wait to see how it all comes out!

You and your wedding is going to be absolutely gorgeous!

fairytale comes true

member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #400
fireofmarajade
8.29.12 MK

YOU have to start up an easy shop when you are done!!! That looks SO great! MY DF did not like all the cake waste either ahhaha! So i just had a talk with the planners to see what they can come up with!
fireofmarajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #401
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Those blue centerpieces are amazing! I really love the way tall pieces like that can open up a room.

I'm so amazed with your crafting skills, those picture frames are fantastic! It is so romantic to tie it in with pics from your wedding too. Great idea.

I'm all about saving some bucks on the cake, it sounds like it's going to be fantastic!

It's all coming so fast!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #402
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Loving the frames.

Eek, Saturday. Have you started packing? I'm so excited for you.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #403
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Your frames look GORGEOUS! You totally raided the sticker section of Michael's!!! (I have a lot of those stickers in my scrapbook, and the ones I don't have I coveted!)

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of this cake. It sounds sooo pretty. I love Cinderella stuff.

And WOW! Three videographers, that's awesome.

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #404
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Everything looks amazing! So close!

And I LOVE those picture frames! I want one! Do you mind sharing where you got them? I might have to try my hand at spraying them like you did!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #405
virtuous girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyemz View Post
Wow Michelle, Regina and Amy will be amazing, can't wait to see your photos

Love the idea of the new cake and it's fab that it will be so unique for you.

You are so creative and have done an amazing job on all of your DIY projects, love the latest frames, perfect! So excited for you! xxx
Thanks love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Ooho my god how amazing!

If they take 2000 pics of you on that day, I'd like to see each and every one of those 2000 please!!

New cake sounds great

So excited for you!! xx
your so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Those picture frames are awesome. you did a great job transforming them from black. Love the new cake ideas too.
Thank u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
You are going to have so much sparkly! The frames are great I need to do our table signs I think you will appreciate what I am going to do after seeing this!

The cake sounds interesting I can not picture it in my head but I can't wait for pictures.

Man this is coming up so soon!!!!

Teresa
Cant wait to see yours! Thanks hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsqueakrr View Post
I love those frames! Where did you find them?? I can't believe you're getting so so so close! I can't wait to see how it all comes out!

You and your wedding is going to be absolutely gorgeous!
AC Moore & 40% off everything! Thank u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireofmarajade View Post
YOU have to start up an easy shop when you are done!!! That looks SO great! MY DF did not like all the cake waste either ahhaha! So i just had a talk with the planners to see what they can come up with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
Those blue centerpieces are amazing! I really love the way tall pieces like that can open up a room.

I'm so amazed with your crafting skills, those picture frames are fantastic! It is so romantic to tie it in with pics from your wedding too. Great idea.

I'm all about saving some bucks on the cake, it sounds like it's going to be fantastic!

It's all coming so fast!
Thanks ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Loving the frames.

Eek, Saturday. Have you started packing? I'm so excited for you.
I started packing over 3 wks ago! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Your frames look GORGEOUS! You totally raided the sticker section of Michael's!!! (I have a lot of those stickers in my scrapbook, and the ones I don't have I coveted!)

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of this cake. It sounds sooo pretty. I love Cinderella stuff.

And WOW! Three videographers, that's awesome.
I raided micheals & ac moore with my coupons! Thank u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Everything looks amazing! So close!

And I LOVE those picture frames! I want one! Do you mind sharing where you got them? I might have to try my hand at spraying them like you did!
Ac moore! Make sure u print out coupons, NEVER pay full price there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: