Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #2191
Annadesu
Splash Mountain Addict

I've packed some random things we won't need for the next 3 weeks... WOW just three weeks?! By this time next week, our countdown will in the teen numbers. CRAZY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
Question of the Day:

To add some humor to the May board, what is the funniest/craziest or most radical thing you heard or saw in Disney?
Back in the 90s, I was waiting in line for Splash Mountain... a kid decided that he was going to get scared after waiting 1 hour in line. His father was apparently not having any of that. He told him "You can go over the hill in this boat, or I'll throw you off myself!." The kid immediately sat down and stopped crying.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #2192
amyk717
Earning My Ears

We are going soon!

I am so excited. We just booked our trip a few weeks ago. We have not told our kids yet we are going to surprise them the day before the trip!!! We are also staying at the Wilderness Lodge, our first time at a deluxe resort. I have been having so much fun planning this trip!! Can"t wait!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #2193
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Must start sewing.......aaaaah!!!

At this point, I'm going to be finishing up the girls' outfits the night before we leave...or hand sewing in the car on the way down.

I went out last weekend to try to get a couple more outfits with our Gymbucks, but they didn't have both sizes in anything I wanted. I'm going on to plan B. What that is? I don't have a clue.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #2194
jenfromjersey
Mouseketeer

We FINALLY got our dining plan added today, it has been such a whirlwind since we were able to get a CM discount. It was worth the wait though because she was able to save us a ton of money and every penny counts... We had to switch room types though, so it is a bit disappointing that we couldn't keep our king bed and now are down to the two queens, still at POFQ. My boyfriend is a horrible bed hog so I was looking forward to the king
jenfromjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #2195
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Yes but now you could have your own bed!!

I will start packing this weekend. I had every intention of doing it this week but we're crazy busy and I just haven't gotten to it. Slowly but surely I am getting everything squared away. Is it just me or is it hard to go away when you're a grown up??!! Between work, kids, extended family, pets, house stuff, errands, etc etc it's exhausting to just get the heck out of here for a week!

Time is FLYING by though so busy is good!
I can do online check in for AKL on Friday
We rented points for a studio in Jambo house. I've only been there once for dinner at Jiko. I am really looking forward to it!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #2196
jphilhower
Mouseketeer

We are 158 days out. I've started staging the stuff we'll need. Getting so excited!!
jphilhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #2197
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Question of the Day:

When spending time in DTD, what are you most recommended places to see, shop or eat at?

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Jessica527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #2198
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Question of the Day:

When spending time in DTD, what are you most recommended places to see, shop or eat at?
We always eat at Wolfgang Puck Express (Market Place one) and get a margarita at the margarita stand (YUM!). After eating, the girls browse thru the shops while the guys make their way over to the West Side for the cigar shop and to listen to the live music on that end of DTD. We eventually meet up with the guys to catch the bus back to AKL at the bus stop on the West Side (or is it technically still Pleasure Island stop?).

Would still like to try Earl of Sandwich sometime and babycakes.

Tickanee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #2199
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day:

We've only ever eaten at Earl of Sandwich in DTD, but I would definitely recommend it. Great sandwiches, reasonable price.

Love World of Disney for shopping, but the Lego store is the family favorite!
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #2200
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day:

We LOVE DTD.
We make sure to make it over there at least twice on every trip.
First night tradition is dinner at WPE.
Then we wander around and look in all the stores. The World of Disney is a must see! I was so impressed with the size when we first went in there. It's HUGE!
Some of our favourites include Basin, the toy store, the store with all of the kitchen items and the Christmas store. As you can see I don't pay much attention to names of places

There's a great store to look at and buy pins as well. And we always hit up Ghiradelli for a late night treat.
9 more days!!! I am getting so excited!! 12 days until we get to Disney and have our first night dinner on the patio at WPE
Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #2201
Tink0513
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Question of the Day:

Earl of Sandwich...the tomato mozzarella sandwich is to die for!

~*Dreams are made to come true*~
Tink0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #2202
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day:

Bongos for eating, and the Christmas store and Team Mickey for shopping.

Two more weeks...!!!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #2203
BellAbbeys Mom
Mouseketeer

I am a late comer to this thread..but now I feel awesome, because all of you are going in the same month!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #2204
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day:

Our favorite place to eat is T-Rex. You can't beat the appetizer plate as an entree.

As far as places to shop....everywhere!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #2205
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day:

Love the World of Disney store, the Art store (can't remember the name), the Leggo displays, Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch!!!

Would like to see other parts of DTD this year.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: