Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Ginger1966
Earning My Ears

Sea Helmet Trek Dive in St. Maarten cancelled in July?

Can anyone tell me if the Sea Helmet Trek excursion in St. Maarten is cancelled in July? It shows as "sold out" when I tried to book it, but my travel agent told me it is not sold out, that it is cancelled because the currents are too strong at this time of year.

I just want to know if she is telling me the truth. Here's my situation: I paid my travel agent in full in March because wanted to be sure to get sea helmet trek in St. Maarten as soon as it was available to book. I didn't realize that my travel agent sat on my payment for two weeks and didn't pay DCL until after I (unsuccessfully) tried to book our port adventures.

I am in the Atlantic timezone. I went online at midnight on the first day that I was able to book, then again at 1 a.m. thinking I had to wait for the Eastern timezone, then again at 4 a.m. thinking I had to wait for the Pacific time zone. DCL was closed Sunday and so was my travel agent so first-thing Monday morning I learned the problem was that my travel agent had not paid for my vacation and DCL was blocking me from booking excursions.

When my travel agent called to say the payment situation was resolved and I could go online and book, the sea helmet trek showed as being 'sold out'. I called my agent back in tears now saying that if she had paid DCL in March, this would never have been a problem. I asked her what she was going to do to make this situation right. She called me back to say the sea helmet trek dive in St. Maarten may have been cancelled and that sometimes DCL shows cancelled excursions as "sold out".

Can anyone shed light on this situation? Is the sea helmet trek in St. Marten really cancelled in July? Or did my travel agent's negligence mess up our plans?
Ginger1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Try Calling them directly. We went a few years ago and my kids did not meet the weight requirment I called to ask them about it. They were very nice. I googled them and the phone # came up
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eastern caribbean, excursions, port adventure, sea helmet trek, st. maarten

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: