DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
JoelD
Lurking since 1999

Question 7 month window - Chances for GCV Nov 16-20?

Anyone willing to speculate on what my chances are of getting a GCV 2-bedroom for Nov 16-20 (Fri-Tues before Thanksgiving) at the 7 month window?

BWV - Nov '14 | VGC - Nov '12 | VWL & AKL - May '09 | BWV & SSR - Nov '07 | DLH - Jun '05 | BWV - Sep '04 | HHI - Oct '03 | OKW - May '03 | BWV - Nov '01 | The Magic & CR & BWV - Nov '00 (honeymoon & first DVC stay) | Dixie Landings (now POR) - Sep '99 | WDW Off site - Aug '86 | WDW Off site - Dec '85 | DL Off site - '77

JoelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelD View Post
Anyone willing to speculate on what my chances are of getting a GCV 2-bedroom for Nov 16-20 (Fri-Tues before Thanksgiving) at the 7 month window?
Little to none. It's hard getting GCV if you don't own there.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I just got September 22 to 28 at the 7 month window. Be sure get online at 8:00am on your 7 month window. When I checked it later, my first night was soldout. There are 23 dedicated 2 bedrooms and 23 lockoffs so you probably have a decent chance.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

As of right now it is available but you still have a while til you can book. Good luck!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
JoelD
Lurking since 1999

Thanks for the thoughts on this.

Deb & Bill - Hopefully I fall in the "little" bucket.

DebbieB - That's a little bit encouraging. I definitely plan on being already online and ready to submit my request right at the 8am bell (7am my time).

bbluvsdis - Thanks for checking the current availability. (Of course I know a lot can change between now and then.)

Of course my main concern is that this is the weekend before Thanksgiving. Our kid's school district gets the whole week of Thanksgiving off and I'm sure we're not the only school district in the country doing that - plus the families that will take their kids out of school even if their school is in session the first few days of Thanksgiving week.

I'll just have to hope for the best and take my best shot.

Besides, I look at it this way -

If I get it... GREAT!

If I don't... Then we'll have to get a room on cash, and then we'll "have" to use our DVC points for a trip to WDW before next April (when we'd lose the points I've banked into this year). Second Disney vacation in one year! Yea!
Of course it means more cash out of my pocket (hotel for Disneyland, airline and park tickets for WDW), but I can't be too dissapointed being "forced" to take a second Disney vacation in a year.

BWV - Nov '14 | VGC - Nov '12 | VWL & AKL - May '09 | BWV & SSR - Nov '07 | DLH - Jun '05 | BWV - Sep '04 | HHI - Oct '03 | OKW - May '03 | BWV - Nov '01 | The Magic & CR & BWV - Nov '00 (honeymoon & first DVC stay) | Dixie Landings (now POR) - Sep '99 | WDW Off site - Aug '86 | WDW Off site - Dec '85 | DL Off site - '77

Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
JoelD
Lurking since 1999

Oops... Just saw this post by the DVC Moderators: "PLEASE READ-Checking Availability Requests"

Sorry moderators. (Feel free lock this thread if you need to.)

(To potential GCV renters (and scammers): I have NO desire or need to rent any GCV points, so don't even offer.)

Old 04-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
JoelD
Lurking since 1999

Thumbs up Got it!

Just to update...

I got it!

I was online yesterday morning making the reservation right at 7:00am Central time, although it turns out I didn't need to be... even late in the day every size accomodation - even the Grand Villa - were still available for all my dates. (Even now, late into the following day, only the studio and 2 bedroom lock-off aren't available for all of my days.)

Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelD View Post
Just to update...

I got it!

I was online yesterday morning making the reservation right at 7:00am Central time, although it turns out I didn't need to be... even late in the day every size accomodation - even the Grand Villa - were still available for all my dates. (Even now, late into the following day, only the studio and 2 bedroom lock-off aren't available for all of my days.)
Congratulations!

Tags
7 month, 7 month window, gcv, thanksgiving, vgc

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: