Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Clare Voince
In Spiritual Repose

Offsite recommendations?

I usually stay in Disney's Deluxe Resorts, but I thinking about taking a short trip for 3-4 days by myself, in early June. There are no more discounts for that time period and I'm hesitant to pay rack rate for Deluxe when it's just me. I think I can get more for my money offsite than I can at the moderates, and unfortunately, the Swolphin isn't available for my dates. Can anyone advise me on the best offsite hotels? Where can I go to see my options in the Downtown Disney area? Thanks in advance.

My Disney Photo Gallery

Click here to see my burial place at the Haunted Mansion.
Sept 2014 - WDW Dolphin / Sept 2012 - WDW Dolphin / Oct 2007 - Polynesian Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level - split stay / Oct 2005 - Grand Californian Hotel - Disneyland / June 2003 - Boardwalk Inn
1976-1988 - 13 Childhood trips spent at Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness, Treehouses, and Grand Floridian
Clare Voince is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

The only off-site trip for which I remember where we stayed was the Doubletree at DTD. I couldn't convince my family to fork the money over to stay on post, so it was a good compromise since the DTD hotels have buses to the parks every 30 minutes. They're all also a short walk to DTD, which is really nice, especially if you plan a meal at one of the resorts and don't have a car.

The Hilton down there would be a fantastic choice, because it's right across the street from DTD and it also offers access to EMH. It's a bit more expensive than the rest of the hotels in that area though.
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare Voince View Post
I usually stay in Disney's Deluxe Resorts, but I thinking about taking a short trip for 3-4 days by myself, in early June. There are no more discounts for that time period and I'm hesitant to pay rack rate for Deluxe when it's just me. I think I can get more for my money offsite than I can at the moderates, and unfortunately, the Swolphin isn't available for my dates. Can anyone advise me on the best offsite hotels? Where can I go to see my options in the Downtown Disney area? Thanks in advance.
The Hilton Bonnet Creek, Waldorf Astoria and new Wyndham Grand are inside the gates of disney (but not on disney property) to look at.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
ronunc
Disney Veteran

I would stay at one of the moderate or value resorts. The perks of staying on property are still there and I like all three levels of resorts. If you insist staying off property, I like the Gaylord for its atmosphere. Enjoy whatever you decide!
ronunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to move this over to the Orlando Hotels board.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare Voince View Post
I have heard that the Gaylord is very nice and you can usually get it for a pretty good price. Are you going for the first weekend in June? That's Gay Days week and would explain why there are no discounts. You can also check out the Dream's Res system here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resort.htm and sort by star level. If you are really interested in saving $$, I would consider Priceline (and bid at the Resort * Level) or Hotwire (at the 4.5 * level). This website will help you bid: http://www.betterbidding.com/ .

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
tonums
Earning My Ears

My family and I just stayed at Caribe Royale, a one bedroom suite. I'll admit I've only stayed in a value hotel, once in a mod, never in a deluxe, but my family LOVED the Caribe. We got it Mid April, weekend, for $100 a night on lastminute travel.
tonums is offline   Reply With Quote