Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
christym
Mouseketeer
 
christym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 97

Tell me about Universal hotels?

The next trip we take to Florida, we're considering going to Universal for a couple of days. I am dying to see the World of HP! Our kids will be 5 and 7 when we go next, so I figure it's a decent time to go, even if they are still to small/scared for some rides. Parent swapping would be easier at that point. Anyways, I've never stayed at one of their hotels. What can you tell me about them? Is it worth it or should we just leave Disney property for a day to go over? Where would you stay if you were going to stay for a day or two?
__________________
DH and Mom to (DS, age 6) and (DD, age 4)

Our next trip: 2015 - 10th anniversary!

christym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,631

With kids that young, I would stay at the Royal Pacific. They have a great pool area for youngsters.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
AJA
DIS Veteran
 
AJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,078

Def stay at Royal Pacific. There are more young families and more friends to play with at the pool

Staying on site at UN with little ones is so relaxing and easy. You can walk or ride the boat to get to both parks, free express pass (front of the line for most rides) that frees up a lot of time for the pool! The hotels are gorgeous. The price might seem high at first but honestly we are paying about 50% less for RPR next month than we are for our room at Animal Kingdom at Disney. Make sure you check in here for deals on the hotel before you book.

For what it's worth, my daughter is 7 and likes on site at UN better than Disney.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
christym
Mouseketeer
 
christym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 97

Interesting about the front of the line passes. I didn't know that. I would guess that saves a ton of time. Thanks for the thoughts on Royal Pacific. I will definitely keep it in mind when we start looking at how to spend our time.
__________________
DH and Mom to (DS, age 6) and (DD, age 4)

Our next trip: 2015 - 10th anniversary!

christym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,438
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christym View Post
Interesting about the front of the line passes. I didn't know that. I would guess that saves a ton of time. Thanks for the thoughts on Royal Pacific. I will definitely keep it in mind when we start looking at how to spend our time.
Just to clarify...there is no such thing as front of the line passes at Universal Orlando. Some posters on the DIS refer to unlimited Express access as FOTL although I don't know why since you would still have to wait in the Express line. The only way to get true "front of the line" is to do a private VIP tour.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
AJA
DIS Veteran
 
AJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Just to clarify...there is no such thing as front of the line passes at Universal Orlando. Some posters on the DIS refer to unlimited Express access as FOTL although I don't know why since you would still have to wait in the Express line. The only way to get true "front of the line" is to do a private VIP tour.
When we went in Sept it was def "front of the line" lol. The regular lines were like 5 mins so express pass was almost always walk on.

I was not confused by the wording when planning our trip here on Dis....I don't think others are either.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJA View Post
When we went in Sept it was def "front of the line" lol. The regular lines were like 5 mins so express pass was almost always walk on.

I was not confused by the wording when planning our trip here on Dis....I don't think others are either.
Maybe not recently, but we've definitely had people come back to the boards and complain that it wasn't really front of the line as they were led to believe.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Maybe not recently, but we've definitely had people come back to the boards and complain that it wasn't really front of the line as they were led to believe.
i've been around long enough on the Dis to remember that.

i understand AJA was aware of the lingo but some newbies did come read the threads here and made it an issue.

they felt mislead so the mods generally will correct fotl terminolgy and point out express line usage.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.