Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #1036
Betty Rohrer
DIS Veteran

we were on grandson's MAW trip last Dec. i would rethink Christmas week. parks are very packed that week. we were there week before leaving on 22. ps are you guy going to be at Mother's day convoy in Lancaster?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #1037
Amerch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Rohrer View Post
we were on grandson's MAW trip last Dec. i would rethink Christmas week. parks are very packed that week. we were there week before leaving on 22. ps are you guy going to be at Mother's day convoy in Lancaster?
What is the mothers day convoy did not know any thing about it and thanks i will re think that one for shure
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #1038
Amerch
Earning My Ears

Question Question

Ok i sat here for about 2 hrs looking at old posts what is The Big Give stuff?
All about . It seams very interesting .
Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #1039
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

We met with Alyssa's MAW granters and are waiting on dates! We chose Nov 10-18, and we hope to do CRT, BBB, and MVMCP. Does anyone know if MAW will schedule CRT and BBB for us, or do they just include money for this in the expense check and I have to book it? Thanks for any info!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #1040
Hopem19
Earning My Ears

hello all I have just posted the beginning of Ona's MAW PTR. It is coming up quick and I will most likely have some questions and such soon, if I can ever get the iPad back from Ona!
There is a link in my signature, hopefully I did it right.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #1041
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerch View Post
We picked are dates and now just need to here back on what one they can do.
We picked the First week in Oct
Second Choice is Christmas Week
Choice 3 is the second week of Jan

Its only been about 2 weeks since we sat down with the MAW person they sent out . So he said we should know the date soon Once we have the date we start to plan .
We are going the third week of January!!!! So glad your little guy is getting a MAW trip! I am sure it will be wonderful. Welcome! This is such a great place and resource.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #1042
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Magic happened for us at DHS!!! Come on over and READ all about it if you want to!

Don't be put off by the length of my Trip Report, you can just go to the Table of Contents and click on the links to avoid the chatter.
What a fun story!!! Loved reading that. Thanks for taking the time to post it. And I am glad that CM shaped up! Sheesh. Give that beautiful girl a break so she can enjoy her pixie dust!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #1043
disneymom04
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

A little back story on us. We have been to GKTW several years ago with our oldest son. We will be going back this summer with our almost 3 year old daughter. We had an amazing time with my son, and feel both happy and sad that we are going again. Happy we get to experience it, sad our baby girl is also terminal.

The only negative with our first trip was that I felt so overwhelmed with so much to do. I wanted to be at the parks, but I also wanted to stay at GKTW to partake in all they had to offer. We are thinking of extending our trip by a couple of days. Is it possible to use the tickets GKTW issues you after you check out? For example while we are at GKTW, hang out there for a couple of days... And when we move to another resort use the tickets that were given to us by GKTW? KMIM?

A couple of other questions:

Is it possible to get Aquatica tickets? Without trading in your SeaWorld tickets?

Are we eligible for morning EMH? I know this is really early, but I am thinking in the middle of the summer it will be worth it to get everybody up early to hit the parks before the crowds and the heat set in.

I know I have other questions, just can't think of them now.

I am really enjoying reading through this thread.

Thanks for all the information,

Jean
Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #1044
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone,

Super excited I found this forum, my dd (almost 3) meet her wish granters this past weekend. Her wish be a DisneyWorld princess. I have so many questions but I don't want to bother the wg every 10 minutes.
Back story, my dd was diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma when she was 21 months, she was stage 4. Her chemo regime is 2 1/2 years and we go to clinic once a week now. Soon we'll only have to go once a month so I'm super excited.
We're still waiting on our dates and I'm thinking about doing a ptr. My husband and I are leaning towards late October early November. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #1045
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Hello everyone,

Super excited I found this forum, my dd (almost 3) meet her wish granters this past weekend. Her wish be a DisneyWorld princess. I have so many questions but I don't want to bother the wg every 10 minutes.
Back story, my dd was diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma when she was 21 months, she was stage 4. Her chemo regime is 2 1/2 years and we go to clinic once a week now. Soon we'll only have to go once a month so I'm super excited.
We're still waiting on our dates and I'm thinking about doing a ptr. My husband and I are leaning towards late October early November. I'll keep you all posted.
Hi! My DD (almost 3 too) was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Oct. We go to the cancer clinic every 10 days now and will go once a month starting in June. I can definetly share in your excitement! We met with our wish granters last week and our first choice was Nov, so maybe we'll see you there!!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #1046
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Hi! My DD (almost 3 too) was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Oct. We go to the cancer clinic every 10 days now and will go once a month starting in June. I can definetly share in your excitement! We met with our wish granters last week and our first choice was Nov, so maybe we'll see you there!!

Sorry for your diagnosis, we have been doing this since March 2011 and it's a drain emotionally. I keep telling her soon she's going to see the princesses and she's super de duper excited. I hope that as an only child she can really enjoy it. When in November where u planing on going?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #1047
jon03015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom04 View Post
Hi all,
We are thinking of extending our trip by a couple of days. - We are going in January and extending for 3 days!

Is it possible to use the tickets GKTW issues you after you check out?
You get 3 day passes to Disney World, 2 day passes to Universal, and a 1 day pass to Seaworld. These are good 2 weeks fro the date given. So yes! You can hang out at GTKTW and then use your passes for the extension part of the trip.

Is it possible to get Aquatica tickets? Without trading in your SeaWorld tickets?- I am not sure about this. But I think other on the board know about this.

Are we eligible for morning EMH? If you get a reservation for BBB or for an early morning character breakfast you can get into the park earlier. I am not sure about the rules for EMH. I would think you would be able to take advantage of them if you are in the park early for reservations for something.

Jean, I am so sorry to hear that your little girl is so sick. I hope she can improve. I will be thinking good thoughts and keeping her in my prayers. Hugs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Hello everyone,

WELCOME!!!!! Wonderful to have you on here! Glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. We are going in January! Can't wait! You have found the right place!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #1048
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

I am so excited we get to see Matthews wish granters again in two days. They are going to go over all the details of the trip to Disney. Matthew is so excited. He keeps asking when we are going. I keep telling him less then two weeks. I just time would just speed up and then slow down during the trip.

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #1049
threelittlebakers
Mouseketeer

i really don't know what to do. I made reservation for Emmy at BBB 1:20 pm, Matthew at Pirates League 9:30 am, and a dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare at 6:00 pm. I think i booked to much for one day. That is going to take a least 3 hours out of are day at the Magic Kingdom. I have been thinking about cancelling the two reservations for Emmy and Matthew. I heard stories that your reservation is never on time so that more time down the drain and Emmy's hair is slightly below her shoulder so i don't know if its worth it considering they can really pull it all up and the prices can be ridiculous. For Matthew i don't really want to cancel it consider its his wish trip but i don't know if i want face paint all over his face for the whole day. If i cancel Emmy's and not Matthews i would be upsetting her. I don't like playing favorites even with everything Matthew has gone through. Then there is the dinner reservation. We would have to leave the park a half an hour before dinner to take the monorail to the Grand Floradian. I don't think that would be to bad considering that it would be a brake from the park. I am just so frazzled. See me and my husband were thinking about doing another day at Magic Kingdom out of are own pockets but we changed are mind instead. We were going to us that day to do things we missed the first time. We are also trying to save money, since park ticket prices are expensive. Help

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=398687

Matt Sr. Alicia Emerald (5)use: Matthew Jr. (4)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #1050
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon03015 View Post
WELCOME!!!!! Wonderful to have you on here! Glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. We are going in January! Can't wait! You have found the right place!
Aww thanks. I really want to do a PTR to formally introduced myself and my family to everyone. It's probably going to have to wait til the weekend as I have work and DD has a 3 day admission this week. I really hate danorubision it makes her so sick, so really I probably won't get my PTR started until sometime next week.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: