Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #286
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,189

New PTR link!!!

Hi guys!

I'm posting my PTR link for DLRP and Europe!! It's so exciting! I really hope you guys come along. If you're interested in DLRP, Europe, or both, this will be the trip for you
!


How Many Countries Can You Visit in Two Weeks?! - DLRP and More!
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #287
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

Ugh, I'm sorry the crowds were so awful, but at least you got to go on TSM and do a few other fun things!

I never get the cowboy on the GMR either, I think I did once when I went with my family a long time ago, but not recently. I'm going to ask for it next time!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #288
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh, I'm sorry the crowds were so awful, but at least you got to go on TSM and do a few other fun things!

I never get the cowboy on the GMR either, I think I did once when I went with my family a long time ago, but not recently. I'm going to ask for it next time!
Fortunately we had another DHS day ahead of us, so I wasn't too worried about it. But it still stunk.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #289
PirateKate
DIS Veteran
 
PirateKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Paradise
Posts: 2,324

A crowded day at Disney is still better than a non-crowded day anywhere else, right? Too bad you all didn't get very much done, though. I can't believe all the Fastpasses ran out that quickly!
PirateKate is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #290
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
A crowded day at Disney is still better than a non-crowded day anywhere else, right? Too bad you all didn't get very much done, though. I can't believe all the Fastpasses ran out that quickly!
Haha, you took the words right out of my mouth. You're totally right, I'll take insane crowds there over being at home here.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #291
Merida
DIS Veteran
 
Merida's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 735

Yay for Europe TRs! Definitely will go there next

Ha, I may be the oddball but.. I'd rather be home, snuggled up in bed with Netflix then in a mobbed MGM park. Hm, maybe if the bed was in a Disney resort with guaranteed crowd level 1 parks the next day. MGM, crowds, and me just don't mix well together!

It's still mindblowing that all those FPs went out in an hour! How weird. No Starring Rolls cupcakes??

I've never had the cowboy GMR either, but the narration on that ride is usually SO bad and awkward that I've started tuning out and just watch the scenery. Couldn't they have made it a little more improv-y and natural? Just a smidge?
__________________
Merida is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #292
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Yay for Europe TRs! Definitely will go there next

Ha, I may be the oddball but.. I'd rather be home, snuggled up in bed with Netflix then in a mobbed MGM park. Hm, maybe if the bed was in a Disney resort with guaranteed crowd level 1 parks the next day. MGM, crowds, and me just don't mix well together!

It's still mindblowing that all those FPs went out in an hour! How weird. No Starring Rolls cupcakes??

I've never had the cowboy GMR either, but the narration on that ride is usually SO bad and awkward that I've started tuning out and just watch the scenery. Couldn't they have made it a little more improv-y and natural? Just a smidge?
Hey, that's okay. We went back to the room, which is kind of like going home...I think.

No, no cupcakes! I was so disoriented from the crowds, and plus it was even a tad too early for me for cupcakes.

Every time I go on the GMR I watch the tour guide and I think "I would be so much better at that!"
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #293
TinksThree
DIS Veteran
 
TinksThree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,416

I had a day like that last year at DHS! I think those reasons are what make DHS my least favorite park! I am hoping on my upcoming trip I am planning around the frustrations. It is really amazing how getting to DHS just a little late can throw everything off! But....it sounds like something good is coming up!
TinksThree is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #294
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,976

Ugh - and that is what I hate about HS and TSM. You get the fast pass for TSM and then you are screwed. That's some major crowd level. I hate being in HS more than any other park when its super crowded. It's just not fun.

I wonder if I should grab ToT FP's for everyone first and then go ride TSM. It's never the posted wait time first thing in the morning.

Sorry work is so busy right now. Hope it gets better.

Your TSM score is very impressive!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #295
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I had a day like that last year at DHS! I think those reasons are what make DHS my least favorite park! I am hoping on my upcoming trip I am planning around the frustrations. It is really amazing how getting to DHS just a little late can throw everything off! But....it sounds like something good is coming up!
I really don't like DHS when it's crowded, because IMO, it doesn't have a lot to do in the park anyway, and then add crazy crowds and it's like....ummmm...what are we going to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ugh - and that is what I hate about HS and TSM. You get the fast pass for TSM and then you are screwed. That's some major crowd level. I hate being in HS more than any other park when its super crowded. It's just not fun.

I wonder if I should grab ToT FP's for everyone first and then go ride TSM. It's never the posted wait time first thing in the morning.

Sorry work is so busy right now. Hope it gets better.

Your TSM score is very impressive!
Right! That was such a rookie mistake that I made. I should have gone with my gut and just gotten in line, passing the FP, but noooooo. I just had to try and be greedy!

You're right, it isn't ever the posted wait time in the morning. I love that about it too.

Work is getting better. Just a lot to deal with at the moment. I need my upcoming vacation, but I also need to make time for the DIS, because it makes me happy.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #296
Dugette
DIS Veteran
 
Dugette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,873

Wow, that is an awesome score for TSM! I don't think we've ever broken 200k and we know the cheats! Impressive!

What a crazy day that all those Fast Passes for ToT were gone!

We've never gotten the cowboy on the GMR. Someday, I guess!
__________________
Me (37) DH (36) DD (born 9/20/12) Bailey Kitty
Nov. 7-16, 2014: Aulani ("Happy in Hawaii") TR In Progress! | Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2014: Pop Century ("I Like Warm Hugs!") TR In Progress! | June 10-13, 2014: Offsite
Dec. 7-14, 2013: Polynesian ("Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's First Trip") TR Complete! | Oct. 5-12, 2011: Pop Century ("Poor Unfortunate Souls: So Wet, So Full")
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #297
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Wow, that is an awesome score for TSM! I don't think we've ever broken 200k and we know the cheats! Impressive!

What a crazy day that all those Fast Passes for ToT were gone!

We've never gotten the cowboy on the GMR. Someday, I guess!
Basically, the trick is just to yank on the trigger until you lose all feeling in your arm.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #298
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran
 
not_Joanna_eggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,247

Okay, I'm here. Such a slacker!!

I love the yetti reports!

We're thinking about maybe going for NYE - would you recommend it - or was it more crowds than worth it?

Ugh, crowded DHS is the worst crowded park in my opinion. There aren't a lot "B" rides to defuse the people, so the 3 big ones get crazy lines and one can only handle so many stunt shows at a time...

I bow to you getting over 200k on TSM. I can barely break 100K. I'm so lame on those rides - even Chris's 86 year old grandma kicked my butt on it
not_Joanna_eggs is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #299
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
Okay, I'm here. Such a slacker!!

I love the yetti reports!

We're thinking about maybe going for NYE - would you recommend it - or was it more crowds than worth it?

Ugh, crowded DHS is the worst crowded park in my opinion. There aren't a lot "B" rides to defuse the people, so the 3 big ones get crazy lines and one can only handle so many stunt shows at a time...

I bow to you getting over 200k on TSM. I can barely break 100K. I'm so lame on those rides - even Chris's 86 year old grandma kicked my butt on it
Well, you are a slacker no more.

NYE is a mixed bag. If you don't have extremely high expectations, then it's fine. I've been the last three years now over NYE, and each time it's been a different experience. This was the first time that we went and participated in festivities. In other years, we've been real laid back.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #300
TinkerBrig
Earning My Ears
 
TinkerBrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 56

Hello! I have just joined! I know i started reading a little late but i am all caught up on your TR now

Whenever I go on the great movie ride i always get the gangster side too! I have never seen the cowboy side and it bothers me!!!!!!!

Anyway... I cant wait to hear more about your trip!
__________________
TinkerBrig is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: