Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #31
perlgirl
Earning My Ears

My mom died from breast cancer in 2003. I found a lump in my breast 2 years ago. My gynecologist saw me first thing the next day and then had me go directly to get a mammogram and ultrasound done. From the ultrasound and the movement of the mass, it was determined that it was benign, but did a biopsy while I was there and had the lab review. They put a "marker" in my breast that would show up during future mammograms. Like a chip you would put in your dog for tracking purposes. But I opted to have surgery to remove the mass, since it was rather large. Surgery was easy - and the scar is minimal. Scared me though!! Glad to hear yours was benign as well!

perlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #32
ddiva
Mouseketeer

Question So glad I found this thread...

I had my first mammogram a few weeks ago and was told the doctor had found something abnormal and requested further testing. I went for my 2nd mammogram today and, again, the radiologist found a small lump, so I was immediately brought to the ultrasound room. The tech spent a good 20 minutes taking pictures. She then went to get the radiologist to go over the results with me. He then did the ultrasound again and appeared a little frustrated. He stated he could not find anything on the ultrasound, but it was definitely on the mammogram. The results were inconclusive and he requested I get another mammogram in 6 months. Should I be okay with getting a mammogram in 6 months or should I press on for further testing?

ddiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #33
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiva View Post
I had my first mammogram a few weeks ago and was told the doctor had found something abnormal and requested further testing. I went for my 2nd mammogram today and, again, the radiologist found a small lump, so I was immediately brought to the ultrasound room. The tech spent a good 20 minutes taking pictures. She then went to get the radiologist to go over the results with me. He then did the ultrasound again and appeared a little frustrated. He stated he could not find anything on the ultrasound, but it was definitely on the mammogram. The results were inconclusive and he requested I get another mammogram in 6 months. Should I be okay with getting a mammogram in 6 months or should I press on for further testing?
What does your OB/GYN think? Because of my mom's breast cancer and especially more so after I got a call back last year - (he advised me to go the year before that but I did not go then), he advised me to go to a breast surgeon. I went and was told everything was okay. Not sure how I would feel waiting another six months.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #34
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Personally, I would ask to go in sooner. That is me though. I like to be pro-active, and would probably have my mind running wild for the 6 months.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #35
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

I'm with the others, I would be seeing someone else and getting this resolved. Six months is a long time to wait.

Sending you a big

Quasar
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #36
ddiva
Mouseketeer

I've had a couple of days to digest my results and have decided that 6 months is absolutely too long to wait. I"ll be getting a second opinion. Thank you for helping me think this through.

ddiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #37
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've had a couple of days to digest my results and have decided that 6 months is absolutely too long to wait. I"ll be getting a second opinion. Thank you for helping me think this through.
Hope everything works out

We are here anytime you would like to chat.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 AM   #38
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
We all hope it's nothing of course.

I would not have waited either.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #39
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Hi Ladies, I'm going to post here because so far, it seems to be a Good Luck thread. I have to go Wednesday for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. First time for me, and I'm 58. Been getting yearly mammos since I was 40.

I do have Fibrocystic breast disease. Did anyone else know that this is a precursor to breast cancer? I just recently found that out, none of my doctors ever mentioned it.

Kind of mad because I've been pretty darn good the last couple of years, diet wise. Lost 30 pounds, no longer "obese", still avoiding sugar. But then I read that it can take 10 years for a tumor to develop to the point that it shows up, so I guess two years isn't enough!

I'll report back too. I'm trying to stay calm, but not sleeping great.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #40
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancind View Post
Hi Ladies, I'm going to post here because so far, it seems to be a Good Luck thread. I have to go Wednesday for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. First time for me, and I'm 58. Been getting yearly mammos since I was 40.

I do have Fibrocystic breast disease. Did anyone else know that this is a precursor to breast cancer? I just recently found that out, none of my doctors ever mentioned it.

Kind of mad because I've been pretty darn good the last couple of years, diet wise. Lost 30 pounds, no longer "obese", still avoiding sugar. But then I read that it can take 10 years for a tumor to develop to the point that it shows up, so I guess two years isn't enough!

I'll report back too. I'm trying to stay calm, but not sleeping great.
Good luck - will be thinking of you

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #41
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Seems like I'm in the same boat Went for a well visit yesterday and my doctor found a lump. Can't get the mammography until next Monday. Waiting really stinks. I'm going to a treatment center that will do the mammography, ultrasound and biospy if needed right there.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #42
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
Onward and Downward!

Hi Kerri, sorry to hear this.

Wish I could get it over in one fell swoop. Had my second mammo and ultrasound today. Have to go back Friday for a biopsy, then no results until next week.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #43
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Kerri, sorry to hear this.

Wish I could get it over in one fell swoop. Had my second mammo and ultrasound today. Have to go back Friday for a biopsy, then no results until next week.
Think good thoughts!! And try to hang in there...the waiting is awful.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #44
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
Onward and Downward!

Hoping to hear from Kerri.

Still waiting for my results, biopsy was Friday. That was not fun. Is it common to have a huge dark purple bruise, or was my doctor just extra enthusiastic?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #45
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hoping to hear from Kerri.

Still waiting for my results, biopsy was Friday. That was not fun. Is it common to have a huge dark purple bruise, or was my doctor just extra enthusiastic?
Sorry to hear that you are still waiting...48 hours is usually normal but with the weekend thrown in...I would call tomorrow if you have not heard anything.
I don't know about the bruising..did they use a fine gauge needle or did they do a breast core biopsy? The latter uses a thicker needle.

I went today for the mammography. Then, they did the ultrasound. It's all in the breast health suite at the hospital. Thankfully, all was well!! I did not need the biopsy afterall, but it's good to know that they would have done it right then at the hospital. The area that was in question, showed on a mammo that I had done in 2008. So, it was just my normal...and I think if my doc had examined me on a different day of the month, she would not have felt it at all.

Praying that you hear some good news soon!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: