Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #61
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Last week I saw that dude's photos of the Magic and Fantasy together in whatever port that was, and I remembered you were on the Magic that week...so today I went looking for this trip report today and here it is!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #62
onejellyshelly
Mouseketeer

Cannot wait to read more!
09/09~POP
10/08~Movies

onejellyshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #63
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Last week I saw that dude's photos of the Magic and Fantasy together in whatever port that was, and I remembered you were on the Magic that week...so today I went looking for this trip report today and here it is!
How ARE you????? I have plenty of photos to compete with "that dude" - Jeff even asked me one time, "are we on the Magic of Fantasy?" because I was taking so many pics of the Fantasy in both ports!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejellyshelly View Post
Cannot wait to read more!
Thank you!!!! I'll be back later today I hope!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #64
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ok, sister- that was the BEST post ever!! Even without pics! You are crackin me up as usual....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #65
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

OMG~ Another McSparklesons TR!

I lurked on your last one. AHH! SO EXCITED!

I've been BOO'ED by GoofyinToronto!

SallySkelington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #66
kgoldenh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_Princess View Post
Since we were on the same cruise can I just steal your report and change names and pictures?
Just kidding!
Looking forward to reading all of your report!
It was an AWESOME trip wasn't it?
Oh I love that idea. that would make is easier on us - save tons of times.

I am already ready to go again

kate
kgoldenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #67
karajeboo

Sir Snores-A-Lot was in full force the night before the cruise - guess that's what happens when you have a stressful job and can FINALLY truly relax.....

So I crawled into bed with Ally and tried to sleep. But it was hard. I mean, who sleeps before vacation? I kept waking up, hugging my cell phone, checking the time, then snuggling back up with my snuggly phone.....

I obvioulsy dozed in and out, because the next thing I know, I see a smidgen of light and I hear, in the cutest little chipmunk voice.... "There she is!"

That would be my snuggly little Ally peeking out the window and seeing the Magic in port!!!!

I heard Jeff giggle a little bit when he heard her - apparently Sir Snores-A-Lot didn't sleep much either - and was tossing and turning when he heard Ally get up and go to the window.

So then I start giggling and the next thing you know we are all three up and looking out the window!!! And Ally was right! Our beautiful ship was out there waiting for us!!!!

I quickly got my shower then grabbed my camera to get a pic of MY ship in port!

Um, excuse me???? Who let Royal Caribbean bring in THAT ship and dock in front of my beautiful ship????

Seems I'm gonna have to have a little chat with someone at the front desk. I mean, when I said a room with a view, I didn't mean THAT view!!!

Oh, and for the record, it was 6:30am when the chipmunk uttered those words.....

So we tried to lounge around the room. We tried.

We finally headed down to breakfast which was a madhouse!!! And it got even madder after we sat down. I can only assume that word got out....

McSparklesons in da house!!!!!!

Very pleased with Country Inn and Suites, but they need to enlarge the breakfast room. And considering there were only 2 ships in port this day, and none of them were huge, I cannot even imagine what happens when Freedom of the seas (4000 pax) and the Dream (4000 pax) are in port the same day!!!!

Well, I guess not all 8000 people will be joining us for breakfast at the CI&S... unless of course they hear the news....

McSparklesons in da house!!!!!

We ate. We left. We went back to the room. We dilly dallied. I'm not sure in what order though. Dilly. Dally. Or vice versa. But we really tried to stall.

It was no use. Ally and I finally made a majority decision to go ahead and head down to the room where we were to meet at 10:30 for our shuttle to the port.

It was only 10am, but we agreed to walk s l o w l y......

So by 10:02 we were shuffling our feet just outside the Celebration Room. And we were celebrating.... like Kool.... and his gang.

Word.

As soon as we walked in, celebrating, we met a super neat family from Indiana. It was Mom and Dad and 7 year old son. And Grandma and Grandpa.

Pay attention. Because this will come up again.

We were no sooner celebrating, then the Hitchcocks called us to the van. It was time to go!!!! Yes, they are celebrated in the Port Canaveral area. They drive the shuttle to/from the port and have been doing this for 40 years. Fun couple and they got us there well before 10:30 which is a BONUS!

But the port doesn't open until 11 now?

Not when MCSPARKLESONS IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!

We were dropped off right before 10:30, we told Indiana to watch and learn... we might have called them "young grasshoppers" but I can't remember for sure..... and we mosied on over to the terminal.

And just as we walked up.... you guessed it! They "opened" and we were on our way inside!!!!

After Jeff set off the metal detector 7 times, we were up the escalator, and filling out our, "no we are not now, nor have we been puking in the past week" forms, and walked up to check in.

Then the coolest thing happened! A CM asked, "Is this your first cruise?" And when I answered, NO, we were taken to a special line just for McSparklesons......

OK, upon further review, I found that this was for Castaway Club members. Remember what Telly Savalas said? Membership has its privileges!!!! We are Castaway Club members, along with anyone who has ever sailed DCL before.

But we still got to go to the McSparkleson line.

And I swear I heard the announcement.....

"Ladies and Gentlemen... MCSPARKLESONS IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!"

First things first, we had to head outside to see her up close and personal!!!!

Up Close and Personal - VIDEO - click to play!

Back inside to get Ally signed up for Oceaneer's Lab, unlike last year when we laughed at everyone in that long line because WE had registered her online, only to realize that we still needed to wait in line for her ID bracelet!

No wait for these McSparklesons... we're veterans....

As we were standing at the counter waiting for the ID bracelet to print out, Ally looks over and says, "There's Tori!"

See, Ally and Tori met on last year's cruise and had such a great time that Tori's mom, Tammi, decided to rebook when we did so the girls could cruise together again.

Are we cool parents or what????

And sure enough, it was Tori!!!

They acted like they'd been together every day since that last cruise. Not just email buddies for a year....

And look what else I saw outside... "up close and personal."

That would be my Magic blocker.....

But there would be nothing blocking the Magic now!!! We were ready to head through THAT head very soon.....

Boarding Group 3, don't forget.... McSparklesons in DA HOUSE!!!!

The cattle call came before we knew it, and we were on our way!!!!!

Mooooo-Take 2 - VIDEO - click to play!

So glad Ally and Tori are such shy little girls.....

Ally and Tori boarding - VIDEO - click to play!

And now I will leave you with Jeff's award winning video of the McSparklesons being announced as we boarded the ship......

McSparklesons Entrance - VIDEO - click to play!

Mmmmhmmmmm... it's one button. How can he mess up one button????

Up next... McSparklesons on DA SHIP!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!

Last edited by karajeboo; 04-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #68
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

More!! More!! This is the only thing providing respite for me on the first day of finals and me frantically fluttering around campus trying to fix testing center computers.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #69
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Ok, sister- that was the BEST post ever!! Even without pics! You are crackin me up as usual....
Just wait until the NEXT TR I'm involved in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySkelington View Post
OMG~ Another McSparklesons TR!

I lurked on your last one. AHH! SO EXCITED!
Ooooh, that's so cool!!! How'd you do that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoldenh View Post
Oh I love that idea. that would make is easier on us - save tons of times.

I am already ready to go again

kate
I'll send you the link to my shutterfly book too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
More!! More!! This is the only thing providing respite for me on the first day of finals and me frantically fluttering around campus trying to fix testing center computers.
Whoa there cowboy!!! Remember, the sooner it's over, the sooner the whole trip is over for me.... I'll drag it out as long as possible....

Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #70
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Whoa there cowboy!!! Remember, the sooner it's over, the sooner the whole trip is over for me.... I'll drag it out as long as possible....

LOL....sorry, You just got me so darn excited reading your TR.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #71
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Jeff is a wonderful videographer-heee-hee. i do hope that all the videos are that long. hahahah! Loved that you got to see the fantasy in port. Can't even begin to imagine NYE with your crew and the ellen's--slightly green-eyed jealous.

looking forward to the horn battle

BTW how many life boats do these ships have? I only counted 8 on the one side of the fantasy? I assume everyone can fit in them?

Last edited by CRdisMom; 04-16-2012 at 04:33 PM.
CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #72
Jaymepops
Mouseketeer

So happy you went on another cruise! Now we can read another TR!!

My kids and I really, really, enjoyed the last one and it's given us something to do as we look forward to our first cruise! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Thanks for the pictures of the Fantasy...that's the ship we are sailing on!!
Disney's Caribbean Resort - January 2009 - First Disney Full Marathon - Team in Training - Go Team!
Disney's All-Star Movies - October 2010 - Disney's Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Disney Fantasy - Our First Disney Cruise! May 2012

Check out our Fantasy Cruise VIDEO(s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhWCAuXnETs
Jaymepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #73
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Just wait until the NEXT TR I'm involved in!!!

Ooooh, that's so cool!!! How'd you do that???

I'll send you the link to my shutterfly book too?

Shhhhhh... It's a secret. Cause you know. I have to be interesting somehow. lol. JK. I have a website of Tangled and Disney GIFs that I get these kinds from. I'll PM you websites and instructions if you'd like.

And don't worry, I'll post more just for you.

Your DD must think you're the coolest mom in the world. When you're not breaking out in song and embarrassing her or something silly that is.

Your announcement must have been oh-so-grand! Too bad your DH did what I would have done and pressed the wrong button.

Can't wait to read more!

I've been BOO'ED by GoofyinToronto!

SallySkelington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #74
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Oh man, that entry video is so funny.

This last time we sailed, a CM came up and offered to take the camera away. (Must have seen some of DH's earlier work, methinks.) It was pretty cool as they shot us walking onto the ship. We gotta work on our red carpet stroll a bit, though, cause we sure weren't channelling our inner Angelina.
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #75
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I want to do one of those cruises. We haven't cruised since 1990 as it was the cruise from he**. It looks like it's time to go back on the high seas!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: