Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

Sea World & MNSSHP In The Same Day? Can It Be Done?

I have been going over my schedule for my upcoming trip in September & I wanted to finally get over to Sea World for a day. Last year when we went, we went to Discovery Cove before MNSSHP & the timing actually worked out nicely. However this year in order to get to Sea World, i'm gonna have to go before the party again. Here is my question, can this be done? I want to check out Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis & Wild Arctic plus be able to watch all of the scheduled shows & still have time to eat a quick lunch. I have to depend on Mears transportation to get me back & forth from Disney or I could always take Lynx from Downtown Disney to save time(& money). I know this sounds a little crazy but I wanted to be able to hit all the high spots in this trip before I go back in December to see the Christmas decorations, but I wanted that trip to be about relaxing, enjoying all of my favorites & not be so break-neck like this time around. The park hours are supposed to be 9-6 & of course the MNSSHP starts at 7 so I was wondering if this can be done hopefully with time to spare. Anybody who can help me with a game plan would definitely be appreciated! TIA!

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort- Christmas 2014
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Grand Californian Villas at Disneyland Resort- 2015
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014, Christmas 2014 & 2015

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDJPrinceCharming View Post
I have been going over my schedule for my upcoming trip in September & I wanted to finally get over to Sea World for a day. Last year when we went, we went to Discovery Cove before MNSSHP & the timing actually worked out nicely. However this year in order to get to Sea World, i'm gonna have to go before the party again. Here is my question, can this be done? I want to check out Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis & Wild Arctic plus be able to watch all of the scheduled shows & still have time to eat a quick lunch. I have to depend on Mears transportation to get me back & forth from Disney or I could always take Lynx from Downtown Disney to save time(& money). I know this sounds a little crazy but I wanted to be able to hit all the high spots in this trip before I go back in December to see the Christmas decorations, but I wanted that trip to be about relaxing, enjoying all of my favorites & not be so break-neck like this time around. The park hours are supposed to be 9-6 & of course the MNSSHP starts at 7 so I was wondering if this can be done hopefully with time to spare. Anybody who can help me with a game plan would definitely be appreciated! TIA!
September is a very slow month. So I don't see why this would be a problem. I would get to the park right at park opening (9:00am) and organize a plan of attack for your day so you aren't wasting time running all over the park.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
islangrl
Mouseketeer

I know this is a few months late, but I just saw your question.

As September is not too busy, I would think you could accomplish everything and make it to the party.

Are you traveling with kids? I only ask because they will probably want to dress up, so schedule some time for that. Also, as you probably know, September is still incredibly hot down here. A day at DC, you could cool off when you got hot, but at SW you'll spend the day baking in the sun. You might find that jumping in the pool at your hotel will refresh you for the night ahead.

Have fun!
islangrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

Thanks for responding, only got one response & I was looking for a more complete answer. Nope, i'm a single traveler & definitely used to the September weather. We did DC last year before the party & it worked just fine but wanted to check on SW as there is more stuff to do there. I need to find a SW touring plan for this time of year so I can knock everything out & leave early enough not to be walking into MK at 7. More info would be appreciated. TIA!

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort- Christmas 2014
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Grand Californian Villas at Disneyland Resort- 2015
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014, Christmas 2014 & 2015

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread