Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
momto2sweeties
Earning My Ears

Disney Area

I have never been to Disney World and I have no idea what the area is like. I am looking at a few different hotel options and may possibly bid on priceline. As far as our trip, we are planning to only go to Disney parks such as the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. Where are some good areas to stay. I was thinking of Disney Maingate-Celebration, Downtown Disney-Lake Buena Vista, and Kissimmee. Are any of these better than the others? Any advice or suggestions would be great. Thank you!
momto2sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

yes, if you are going to bid on a room through Priceline, I personally would stay with the Lake Buena Vista area zone! That is your safest bet. It would more than likely mean a higher bid as the others will normally take a lower bid. If you go with another zone, do not go any lower than a 3 star. In the Lake Buena Vista zone, you can do a 2.5 star and still land something clean and decent I do not know what you are looking to spend, but if you are willing to go for a 4star or resort bid, you can bid basically in any zone, but again, personally, I would stick with Lake Buena Vista if you do not know the area around there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
momto2sweeties
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
yes, if you are going to bid on a room through Priceline, I personally would stay with the Lake Buena Vista area zone! That is your safest bet. It would more than likely mean a higher bid as the others will normally take a lower bid. If you go with another zone, do not go any lower than a 3 star. In the Lake Buena Vista zone, you can do a 2.5 star and still land something clean and decent I do not know what you are looking to spend, but if you are willing to go for a 4star or resort bid, you can bid basically in any zone, but again, personally, I would stick with Lake Buena Vista if you do not know the area around there.
Thank you so much for your tips! We don't have a set amount other than we would like to spend less than $100 per night.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2sweeties View Post
Thank you so much for your tips! We don't have a set amount other than we would like to spend less than $100 per night.
You can easily pick up a room for under $100 per night without going through Priceline (where you don't know what you're getting until after purchase and you can't change it).

Mousesavers, for instance, is a great resource for good deals on Disney accomodations.

They currently have (among others) an excellent deal on Buena Vista Suites:

http://www.mousesavers.com/buenavistasuites.html

I don't know what your travel dates are, but some periods are only $89 per night for a one-bedroom queen/queen suite, which includes a free breakfast buffet for the whole family.

Travelzoo also offers some great deals on Orlando accomodations.

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/orlando/

Coco Key (an I-Drive property with a big indoor/outdoor waterpark onsite) is currently being offered for some dates for $69. Even with the resort fee, you are STILL under your $100 nightly maximum.

Just so you know some great deals are out there.....without resorting to Priceline .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have never been to Disney World and I have no idea what the area is like. I am looking at a few different hotel options and may possibly bid on priceline. As far as our trip, we are planning to only go to Disney parks such as the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. Where are some good areas to stay. I was thinking of Disney Maingate-Celebration, Downtown Disney-Lake Buena Vista, and Kissimmee. Are any of these better than the others? Any advice or suggestions would be great. Thank you!
For a first-time visitor, I would consider staying in a disney value if all you need is a simple place to crash and don't have a large family.

If you would like something larger, consider Wyndham Bonnet Creek, where you can get a 2BR for around your pricepoint.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
Genevieve84
Earning My Ears

Mousesavers, for instance, is a great resource for good deals on Disney accomodations.
Genevieve84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
momto2sweeties
Earning My Ears

thank you all so much for your help. My family and I are looking forward to this trip so much, but I am stressed out!! There is so much to think about.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
baler31
DIS Veteran

Although it is unlikely keep in mind priceline only guarantees a bed for 2 when bidding. As I said unlikely but it has happened. I would try for a Downtown Disney area hotel, you will need a shuttle to the parks if you do not have or rent a car.
baler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #9
momto2sweeties
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31 View Post
Although it is unlikely keep in mind priceline only guarantees a bed for 2 when bidding. As I said unlikely but it has happened. I would try for a Downtown Disney area hotel, you will need a shuttle to the parks if you do not have or rent a car.
TY for letting me know!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
bweston
Earning My Ears

Quote:
thank you all so much for your help. My family and I are looking forward to this trip so much, but I am stressed out!! There is so much to think about.
It’s easy to let stress get the better of you so get some backup on your side with these amazing natural solutions:
***************/Itib7u Bring good walking shoes!
bweston is offline   Reply With Quote