Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Cricut on Ebay- Would you buy?

Hi, all! I hope this is a correct place to post this question!

I planning on buying a Cricut Imagine soon. This will be the first machine of this kind I have owned. While looking around ebay at cartridges, I noticed 3-4 machines for sale. All were used, but stated the use had been limited to only 1-2 times. The cost savings are ~$100-200 after shipping compared to retail prices. I am not a big ebay shopper, but have bought items from there before, however, nothing this costly or electronic.

My question is would you ever purchase a used machine like this on ebay? Why or why not?

I definitely understand that it is a risk. I am just not sure how great of a risk it actually is.

Thank you for your help.

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Disney in December at POR: December 2013
Minnie_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

It would depend on the seller's feedback and return policy.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Reddy
Scrapbooker

first off - I would make sure that is the machine that you really want - I haven't heard much good about that one (cost of ink??) have they fixed the problems with it?? I haven't been on the cricut message boards lately so it maybe fixed, I really don't know

like Rlovew said - check the feedback - maybe check the cricut message board & see if any of the seller's are provo craft

it would have to be a very good deal - I like new
Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
nettekay
Mouseketeer

I bought my cricut expression of ebay. I got it for about 1/2 of what it would have cost retail. I have not had any problems with it at all. It works great!! I have also bought almost all of my cartridges on ebay as well.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
Lisa
OMG, I think I am going to pee my pants
Where is that evil devil smilie when I need it?
Aside from a near collison with a Tom Turkey flying across the highway the day was great!

I bought my E on eBay thru a seller who also sells online as a major retailer. I bought my mother's E thru their website. If you would like their eBay user name, pm me, you could follow their listings for a bit before you jump in to bid or would prefer to just buy directly thru the website.
Next visit: Cruising 09/14
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
dogcarbon
Mouseketeer

Are you sure you want a Cricut?

Do you know there are other die cutting machines out there?

I know when I bought my first Cricut I had NO idea other cutters existed.

Here is Short list of questions:
Are you slightly computer savy?
Will you be satisfied to only cut what is offered on the cartridges.
Are you willing to spend $20-$30 per cart (on ebay)
Are you willing to buy the ink the imagine requires?
Do you want to be able to cut any font you currently have on your computer or can find on the web?
Do you want to be able to join those letters together and cut as one piece (That's a weld feature) and then shadow and mat them together?

I have a cameo, I paid under $205 for it, and I have paid $25 for the program to do all of those things above, and that program wasn't necessary, but I wanted the extra features.

Look around, you might be surprised what is available.
dogcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
nettekay
Mouseketeer

I would love to hear more about the cameo. Does it have alot of disney things?? right now i'm pretty much only working on my disney books.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettekay View Post
I would love to hear more about the cameo. Does it have alot of disney things?? right now i'm pretty much only working on my disney books.
There are many people that offer Disneyish/Disney items (including Reddy's incredible ones) but Disney does not specifically endorse any companies that sell designs for it so there is not anything specifically approved by Disney.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of your responses! I appreciate you all. I have decided to purchase from a store, not ebay. It just makes me a little nervous on such a big purchase.

As for Cricut vs Cameo, I have done a ton of research and I still prefer the Cricut. I am not sure why... maybe I feel like having somewhat endless possibilities would be too overwhelming?

Thanks again!

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Disney in December at POR: December 2013
Minnie_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Schachteles
DIS Veteran

There are pros and cons to each of the systems (Cricut vs. Cameo)...I just got my Cameo so I am just learning, but I do have to say "I LOVE IT"...it is an awesome machine, does a great job, I am honestly floored. But with that said, there are somethings that I have seen cut by the Cameo that I think is better cut on the Cricut. I certainly can see having both.

Schachteles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: