Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #466
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love Duffy in his French outfit...he's soo cute!

Yay on meeting so many characters before heading out for the day

Love your pics of The Studios...your TR is making me want to visit Disneyland again. Haven't been since I was a teenager and it looks like a lot has changed.

Would love to see Stitch live...it sounds like fun!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #467
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
Thanks for the update - I LOVE hearing about your DLRP trip!! My DH has booked the 1st week of December off work now so that's when we're planning on going to DLRP!! I'm so excited already!!

So sorry to hear about the house but as you said, maybe it happened for a reason. I'm all for thinking like that!!

And how exciting about your cruise next year!!!
You are going to have a lovely time, just remember to pack warm as it is freezing at that time of year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love Duffy in his French outfit...he's soo cute!

Yay on meeting so many characters before heading out for the day

Love your pics of The Studios...your TR is making me want to visit Disneyland again. Haven't been since I was a teenager and it looks like a lot has changed.

Would love to see Stitch live...it sounds like fun!
Thanks Stitch Live was really cute and I found out that they are doing it on the Fantasy, just have to figure out how to get in without any kiddies
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #468
Stefy

Hi Everyone

Remember me? How has everyone been?

Me and Dave have been busy busy working away and trying to find a place to live. Yes we are still looking, am beginning to think we will never find anywhere

What has everyone else been up to?

Am going to finally do an update and hopefully blitz the rest of DLRP so we can finally get on to what this TR is really about. So sit back and relax and enjoy the piccies
Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #469
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Stefy!

Sorry you haven't found your perfect house yet, but I am sure you will! SOON. Here's some for your search.

Can't wait for an update, esp. on DLRP - we will be there in 2 weeks.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #470
Stefy

Wednesday January 25th
Today we were going with the flow and basically doing whatever we felt like doing at the time. We went down to catch a quick bite to eat and then down again to Disneyland Park. I wanted to get some shots of the front of the park entrance as we always went in the side door.

This is Duffy's store, you can get all things Duffy in here and other bits and bobs. I love the paw prints leading up to the store.

...and who should greet you...

...but Duffy himself, who moves and waves at you.

We booked ourselves in for a tour later that afternoon and then wandered around taking photos, as you can never take too many

I spy Stitchy

...and his girlfriend

Cntd...
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #471
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Welcome back, Stefy!

Sorry you haven't found your perfect house yet, but I am sure you will! SOON. Here's some for your search.

Can't wait for an update, esp. on DLRP - we will be there in 2 weeks.
Hey Karin

Hopefully we will find something soon, we looked at a nice little house yesterday but it needed a bit too much work doing to it for my liking.

Well sit back and enjoy as I have a lot of photos to share
Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #472
Stefy

...cntd

Dapper Dans

We decided to take some pics in one of the arcade walkways.

Cntd...
Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #473
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Your photos are making me so excited! We had a few hickups in our trip to DLRP and didn't know IF we would be able to go for a while (it's all in my pre-trip report), so now, that we know we ARE going ....... it is so exciting!
I love all your photos. It is beautiful when it is so empty. We decided to brave EMH this time and I hope we get to see it as empty as well.
Keep the photos coming .... much better to look at them, then to mark pupils' English books.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 04-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #474
Stefy

...cntd

During our little photography session we did manage to get in a ride on Peter Pan We decided to wander over to MGM next where we headed straight to Crushes Coaster to get a ride in, this time we went backwards. We hit up Rockin Rollercoaster after that and then sat down with a much needed hot chocolate, as I was starting to get a little cold. We sat for a little while, right by ToT and Dave stood and watched it for a little while, bless him he was saying that this one is totally different to WDW in that it looks like it is a huge drop that looks like it really does go straight to the bottom

Hot chocolate done we made our way over to the Animation Studio, which wasn't open for another 10mins, so I took some pics whilst we waited. I love these statues

Cntd...
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #475
Stefy

...cntd

I think this was is my favourite

We moved on to the queue area for the animation building, which is awesome! Similar to the one in DHS, but alot more detailed.

The doors finally opened and we went inside. The holding area is pretty cool with different items to look and play with and also a short video to watch of the history and cartoons whilst you wait. I took this with my phone, which I really like.

We headed in to watch the movie, which was pretty cool showing a montage of the Disney films in both French and English. The doors were supposed to open at the end of the movie, but for some reason they didn't and we had to watch the film all over again. Was a little annoying as it took away the "coolness" of seeing the video Finally after watching it for a second time we headed into our "chat" with a Disney animator. We had to put our headphones on as it wasn't in English, the show is exactly the same as WDW though, love Mushu.

Cntd...
Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #476
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Your photos are making me so excited! We had a few hickups in our trip to DLRP and didn't know IF we would be able to go for a while (it's all in my pre-trip report), so now, that we know we ARE going ....... it is so exciting!
I love all your photos. It is beautiful when it is so empty. We decided to brave EMH this time and I hope we get to see it as empty as well.
Keep the photos coming .... much better to look at them, then to mark pupils' English books.
Oh gosh, that doesn't sound good. However, I am glad everything is sorted and that you are still going Am so behind on peoples threads, really need to catch up!

Glad you are enjoying the photos
Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #477
Stefy

...cntd

After that we were let out into the "playing" area. We took a few photos, these are pretty cool showing you the difference concepts they came up with for Ursula and Beast.

Class was about to start and me and Dave were pretty much the only ones there, save a couple of other people. Guess it's not as popular in France as it is in Florida. We drew Pooh Bear and they came out pretty well. Will have to get Dave to dig them out and take a photo to show. We also got the artists drawing as well which was cool. I didn't even know you could ask for them until Dave did. He said that you have to be really quick in WDW, but here no one really bothers. Score for us

We browsed the store afterwards, looking at some cool pieces of art and then headed over to the Magic Carpets for our first ever ride.

Cntd...
Old 04-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #478
Stefy

...cntd

After that we took one last ride on Crush before heading out to get some lunch at Earl.

Hunger satisfied, we made our way back to Disneyland Park to wait for our tour to start. I took some more piccies whilst we waited for our guide.

Oh I forgot to mention, guess who we saw on the way out of MGM!!!

How cool is he?!? We tried to get a quick pic but we was going back inside. We asked the CM if he was back tomorrow and he said yes at such and such a time (can't remember). We ran to Guest Services to ask them to clarify and they said that the characters who come out are random but do come out at a specific time. So we decided to come back the next day and chance it. I'll tell the story now, we came back just before that time and ended up waiting over half an hour and no characters came out at all. Was not happy

Anywho back to piccies

I love these. During the tour our guide told us that this is set up the way it is because being in the park is like entering the theatre/seeing a film and these posters are teasers of what is to come, or what "film" is coming soon.

We headed into Town Hall to wait and took some more pics. They have some nice photos in there.

This is a medal given to Walt by the French President, its from the League of Nations and honoured Walt for creating Mickey. Also known as the Mickey Mouse Award.

Then it was time to start the tour.

Cntd...
Old 04-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #479
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Yay! for Angel getting some love. And love Elvis Stitch!

Is Rocknrolelr Coaster also with Aerosmith?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #480
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Yay! for Angel getting some love. And love Elvis Stitch!

Is Rocknrolelr Coaster also with Aerosmith?
It certainly is, but the signs and lights inside the ride are different.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: