Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #136
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
That's why I picked that weekend, Columbus Day....and it's only a little more expensive that weekend, AND we could do MNSSHP, which was the only reason I was going to do the trip. I will probably get a royal room though....perfect for a trip with my girls.

Marie, what are your dates? If we could all come together for 10/4-10/8 would we overlap you??? That would be awesome to all meet up! We'd just have to get Jeanette to revise her dates, but we know she's no stranger to change....
Candace my dates are: Arrive Friday, Sept 28 to Thur Oct 4.... Then moving that morning over to Universal Oct 4,5,6
Would you be able to move back a few days? It would be great to meet some of my favourite people in person!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #137
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Ugh It is so hard to keep up when I don't get DIS emails! Why does the DIS hate me so?
Glad to hear your son is doing better...scary when kids are that sick.

What are the emails you are referring to? Is there a way to get updates that way? Sorry newbie question I guess.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #138
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Candace my dates are: Arrive Friday, Sept 28 to Thur Oct 4.... Then moving that morning over to Universal Oct 4,5,6
Would you be able to move back a few days? It would be great to meet some of my favourite people in person!!!
I'll have to look at a calendar...and see what discounts will be available...as it is if we go Columbus day weekend, I would be taking the kids out of school for 1.5-2 days which is not ideal...but the Columbus Day on Monday allows us to come back that date. It's actually cheaper if I back the dates up, but our school district is not friendly to the idea of taking kiddos out for vacation.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #139
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
What?!? Awww, I'm sorry you changed. I know y'all will have a great time, but still.........

But, yay for another getaway! And I'll be there in September also! We arrive 9/28!
I feel a Sept. DISmeet coming.....and when you see my next ch-ch-change....should I keep you in suspense???
Quote:
Me, too! That's the day we're looking at going to MNSSHP. Seems like a lot of people from the DIS are picking this date. Hopefully, it'll be just us fanatics & no one else.
We can all go together

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Pas, No I haven't booked AOA, talked about it again this morning but my heart tells me to hold off So for now I am waiting.

I can not believe you just changed your plans to include DMil at such a late date.

If it were I would add her to one of your rooms & offer her a roll a way in one of your rooms or bring an air bed. If she wants her own room let her pay for it.

We shared a room in DL and also at OKW with my DS and Ddil and it was fine. We had separate rooms at the Luxor in Vegas and most of the time we were all in one room

Love your trip you have planned for sept with DD & DS
Wondering if it should be jus HRH and I.....but he would LOVE it too...have to ask the boss (HRH of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just posted my WL/CL review here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post44586921

I hope you all are well!
I enjoyed the review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It's always dangerous for me to read a resort review...sometimes I get the urge to pick up the phone.

I can do it. I will be strong and just read. Seriously, thanks for all the work you do on your reviews.
They are very much appreciated!!!
Me too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Sweetie I know your MIL will most likely not appreciate it ... which is why I was drawing a firm line when I usually don't ... BUT I am ecstatic for YOU!!! (and HRH and DS3 of course!) Yippee!! ps YOU are NOT a Brat!!

A getaway??? Seems like another mother/daughter trip is in order ...
And I am a brat....and I made a change just now. DH working the first weekend in October....so I figured last weekend Sept. easier.....
Quote:
Darn it. My potential mother/daughter trip is proposed for 10/4-10/8... Perhaps I need to revise my dates...
Quote:
pas130,
That was very sweet to make this change. Doesn't SSR have a Spa? Maybe you can arrange a nice wonderfully relaxing spa afternoon just for you. :
Great idea....only changed from SSR already.....Time to make a new ticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
If DH only wants to do DL this fall.... then maybe I can swing down for a couple solo food/wine days I'm destined to see HalloWishes at somepoint!

Quote:
OHHH YES! Janet, that would be WONDERFUL! if you move your dates, Candace, would LOVE to meet you too!!! What fun!!! I am looking forward to my first MNSSHP too, I hope the Sunday Sept 30 party isn't toooo crowded **fingers crossed
I hope it is packed with our RCfamily....I went one year on Halloween and it was not crazy...and it WAS sold out!!! It will be great!!!

Quote:
Ugh It is so hard to keep up when I don't get DIS emails! Why does the DIS hate me so?
Glad Danimal is better on he beautiful day!!!

Quote:
Kook thanks for the heads up! Danimal is doing great today. I can't wait to get home from work to cuddle him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Great review! I've never been a fan of the WL until reading this!

I agree! I'm not gonna lie. I went right to the passholder site before I remembered we don't fit in 1 room at WL. The Deluxe CL rooms will be in the running when we are officially a 6 though!
Someone will be at WL in 43 days......2 connecting rooms CL/and a room for MIL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I love reading the reviews, but I would never choose a resort based on one. Everyone is different. I loved BWI, and didn't really care for WL. Total opposite of Kook. We all have different tastes. I really think you have to try a resort for yourself.

I agree Kook does a very good job with her reviews. It's difficult writing a review. You have to tread carefully when saying anything negative. People on these boards can get very defensive when your critical.
Kookster rocks

Last edited by pas130; 04-14-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #140
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

PAS: WL CL?!!! that sounds GREAT! kooks review makes me want to experience WL CL one day too!!! So, it looks like I still have a few trips for my future if I still want to experience BWI CL, WL CL, and perhaps even POFQ .....oh, and of course DLH at Disney Land

It would be GREAT if many of our RCer Family was at MNSSHP on the 30th! I agree, a Sept Dis meet sounds amazing!

MM: I understand, it seems like many US states are big sticklers on school attendance.....I am lucky in Canada, they pretty much leave vacations up to parent discretion.....although, I am not too happy with the amount of days Andrew will be missing for our trip (6) and he'll be in Gr 11 I hope it doesn't negatively affect him too much being gone a week.....he'll just have to catch up when he gets home, thankfully he's not in many high academic classes....more mid-stream, but he'll still have to apply himself to catch up.
Looks like my week is going to be busier than I thought! I hope it's still uncrowded enough to enjoy!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 04-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #141
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PAS: WL CL?!!! that sounds GREAT! kooks review makes me want to experience WL CL one day too!!! So, it looks like I still have a few trips for my future if I still want to experience BWI CL, WL CL, and perhaps even POFQ .....oh, and of course DLH at Disney Land

It would be GREAT if many of our RCer Family was at MNSSHP on the 30th! I agree, a Sept Dis meet sounds amazing!
The CM on the phone is a friend of Kook I think He was so excited for me...we stayed at SSR twice, I like it there, but I am doing MK with the little ones solo one day and the thought of a bus with the sit n stand and a 3 & 5 yr old The grounds have so much more to explore and do that SSR..it was more than SSR, but not nearly as much as GF or Poly CL!!!!!! Can someone say cobbler
Old 04-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #142
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Someone will be at WL in 43 days......2 connecting rooms CL/and a room for MIL...

Kookster rocks
I was LOL being referred to as the Kookster. SOMEONE better be at WL in 43 days! I need photos of the new room up on the WL thread.

GREAT change, Jeanette, you'll all love it there. You can officially remove WDTC from speed dial.

Quote:
The CM on the phone is a friend of Kook I think He was so excited for me...we stayed at SSR twice, I like it there, but I am doing MK with the little ones solo one day and the thought of a bus with the sit n stand and a 3 & 5 yr old The grounds have so much more to explore and do that SSR..it was more than SSR, but not nearly as much as GF or Poly CL!!!!!! Can someone say cobbler
This had me LOL, too. Thanks for all the chuckles today - you're great.

COBBLER COBBLER COBBLER COBBLER COBBLER
Old 04-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #143
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I was LOL being referred to as the Kookster. SOMEONE better be at WL in 43 days! I need photos of the new room up on the WL thread.

GREAT change, Jeanette, you'll all love it there. You can officially remove WDTC from speed dial.

This had me LOL, too. Thanks for all the chuckles today - you're great.

COBBLER COBBLER COBBLER COBBLER COBBLER
New room???? I may get a new room????? This change sits well with me..better than SSR....I can still do laundry, and no cooking breakfast for me!!!!!!! Seriously...the CM was going on and on, and he kept saying "I don't wanna ruin the surprise....but there is this, and this, an that... Now I have to cancel DDs cake from GF and order one from CR....maybe the IPO will help me Glad I could make you your WL review couldn't have come at a better time for me
Old 04-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #144
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

THAT cobbler looks AMAZING!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #145
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pas130,

I am so happy for you!! Great decision!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #146
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pas130,

I am so happy for you!! Great decision!
Thank you I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it....sorry couldn't help myself)

Doing the Wilderness Lodge Limbo
Old 04-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #147
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh pas!!! This is a great change!!! I like it and am honestly a little bit jealous!!!!

I will be trying WL someday....it is actually in the running for April. That along with an AoA suite, 2 rooms at POFQ, or two rooms AKL (hopefully CL)....WL would be awesome for that trip because the refurb will be all wrapped up and it will be shiny new!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #148
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I feel a Sept. DISmeet coming.....and when you see my next ch-ch-change....should I keep you in suspense???
Well, it would only be fair for you to keep me in suspense since I'm doing the same to y'all with ADRs on my PTR.

Quote:
We can all go together
That would be so fun!

Quote:
And I am a brat....and I made a change just now. DH working the first weekend in October....so I figured last weekend Sept. easier.....
How exciting! Ok, I'm getting lost though. What are your Sept. dates now?

Quote:
I hope it is packed with our RCfamily....I went one year on Halloween and it was not crazy...and it WAS sold out!!! It will be great!!!
That will be so fun if there are a lot of us here going. Hopefully, the party will be nothing but DISers & not be too crowded.

Quote:
I love that change!!! CL @ WL is really great. The staff is so nice.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #149
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh pas!!! This is a great change!!! I like it and am honestly a little bit jealous!!!!

I will be trying WL someday....it is actually in the running for April. That along with an AoA suite, 2 rooms at POFQ, or two rooms AKL (hopefully CL)....WL would be awesome for that trip because the refurb will be all wrapped up and it will be shiny new!!!
So many resorts, so hard to choose....I thought about POR RR, and AKL too

Quote:
Well, it would only be fair for you to keep me in suspense since I'm doing the same to y'all with ADRs on my PTR.

I love that change!!! CL @ WL is really great. The staff is so nice.
I just can't keep a secret though too excited!

Sept 27th-30th or Oct 1st
Old 04-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #150
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I seriously think I am finding out what a drug addict feels like without the drugs while the Dis is having "issues"!!!!! Oh....looks like they added some smilie options....Please get all better Disboards!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: