DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
ebirrane
Earning My Ears

Dvcmember.com not letting me check availability

Hi. I've been having some trouble with the dvcmember.com website; member services was no help, and an e-mail into their tech support hasn't been returned after a day. I was wondering if people on this board have been seeing the same problem, or if I am crazy (or both).

Here's what I'm doing:

1) Logging in to the site, going to Vacation Planning, and then Book Disney Vacation On-Line.

2) Select dates (any dates, doesn't matter if it is tomorrow, summer, or december this year). Select my home resort (BLT). Select any room.

3) Click continue. Go to a "processing" screen...("Kick back and relax while we process your request").

4) Get error message:
"You've selected a date for your arrival that is currently outside the booking window. If you're booking a Home Resort, please try again anytime after 8:00 a.m. ET on the day that is 11 months from today's date. If booking a non-Home Resort, please try again anytime after 8:00 a.m. ET on the day that is 7 months from today's date. Or you may begin a new search. Error Code: F01010106007"

BLT *is* my home resort, and regardless, I get the same message whether the dates are 1 week, 3 months, or 8 months out.

Oddly, if I select a date that is, say, 8 months out and a resort that is *NOT* my home resort (AKL), I never get to the "processing request" screen. The system immediately knows that I am trying to look outside of my home resort too far in advance and says so right when I click the "continue" button from the main planning screen.

Is anyone else seeing this? Member services says they had no problems doing this from their end. I've tried on 3 different computers at 3 different places so I don't think it is a cookie issue.

Ideas appreciated!

-Ed
ebirrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I just tried it myself for a date next January (so about 9 months out) for my home resort and it worked just fine. So sadly, it does seem the problem is your unique one. I think you're going to have to continue to work with the DVC tech support folks to get it resolved.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

I just tried as well and was able to see what's available....so sorry you are having problems
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
bakenatj
Mouseketeer

What browser are you using? The other thing is have you updated your java (I think that is what they use) in a while?

Sometimes if it isn't working with IE I use FireFox and it will work. If you don't have FF just download it and give it a try.

1985 DL, 1989 DL, 2001 DL, 2003 WDW, 2004 DL, 2005 WDW, 2006 WDW, 2008 CSR, 2009 AKV-K, 2010 BLT, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 Aulani, 2013 DL, 2013 SSR, 2013 VGF.

Last edited by bakenatj; 04-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.
bakenatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
ebirrane
Earning My Ears

hey all, thanks for the checking!

I've tried IE, FF, and chrome with similar results. My account was just created earlier this week so I wonder if they set it up incorrectly. I am on hold with MS now, who are considering resetting my account to see if that clears the problem.

The other day, MS indicated it may be a "regional server problem" (??) that could clear up on its own, which is why I was wondering if other people on the boards experienced this issue.

*sigh*

Just off the phone with member services. They reset my account. Apparently, that meant I lost my username, had to re-register from new again, and still had the same problem (but now with a harder to remember username...). I have been assured that technical services will be in touch via e-mail within the next 3 to 5 days.....

-Ed
Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
shonadamson
Mouseketeer

I had this happen to me and I cleared the browsers history and cookies and it started working fine again. I would try that.
shonadamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
SleepingPrincess
Earning My Ears

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I just got my account set up this morning and have had no luck on Chrome or IE so far getting it to work (including clearing the browser history/cookies).
SleepingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
SleepingPrincess
Earning My Ears

I just talked to IT at member services. Apparently its a systemic issues that's affecting multiple members and they are working on it now. They said it should be fixed in the next couple of days since they are aware of it.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
GettinReadyforDisney
Mouseketeer

I had a similar issue

I had a similar issue when I was trying to book at AKV - Kidani within the 11 month window. AKV is one of two home resorts that we own (BLT is the other). I got the same error message that you did. I assumed that the problem was related to there being two resorts -- Kidani and Jambo -- because I had no problem searching within the 11 month window at BLT. My thought was that it was assuming my home resort was Jambo, not Kidani. BUT . . . it may have been the same, more random type of problem that you had.

I reported it to MS and asked them to report the issue to the computer department. I just made my reservation with them by telephone and haven't given it much more thought. I hope they work this out.
96 Dolphin, 00 Sheraton Safari, 03 Poly CL, 05 CBR/BWI, 06 Nick, Feb 07 CSR, June 07 Swan, Feb 08 Windsor Hills, June 09 Disney Magic, June 10 POFQ, March 11 BLT/AKV, June 12 SSR, Thanksgiving 2012 AKV, May 13 BLT, June 2014 Aulani!?!

GettinReadyforDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
ebirrane
Earning My Ears

Hey all,

Thank you for the updates. I *still* cannot get in, how odd that I am hopeful this is a larger problem and not some plague on my account .

I am disappointed that there has not been a peep from tech services, nor has there been any kind of recognition that there is a larger problem .

-Ed
Old 04-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
owensamo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinReadyforDisney View Post
I assumed that the problem was related to there being two resorts -- Kidani and Jambo -- because I had no problem searching within the 11 month window at BLT. My thought was that it was assuming my home resort was Jambo, not Kidani.
I just wanted to comment that for reservation purposes, AKV is one resort. Though there are 2 buildings and check-in areas, etc. those that own at Jambo have 11 month privileges at Kidani and vice versa.

There's no reason to expect that their computer system would not allow Jambo owners to be able to reserve a Kidani room at 11 months - so it sounds like you ran into a weird glitch in their system. If you see it again, definitely report it to MS - just like with problems at the resorts themselves, they can't fix issues they don't know about!
Disney Magic: 7N - 1/19/08, 1/17/09, 12/19/09; 14N EBTA - 5/14/11; 12N N Europe - 7/22/15
owensamo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
wvhokie
Earning My Ears

The same thing is happening to me. My account was set up last week and ever since then I haven't been able to look up any availability. I called on Monday and the IT dept asked me what browser I was using and I told them that I have tried 2 different computers and on 3 browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox). The bad thing is that I haven't heard anything back. I hope that they get this fixed soon and I ended up making reservations over the phone. I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem.
wvhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
SleepingPrincess
Earning My Ears

Yeah, when I talked to them last week I asked them if they would send out something if it was fixed, I was told we'd just have to keep checking or call back unfortunately.

Still can't book anything as of today online.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
wvhokie
Earning My Ears

I also called again today since I have not heard back from anyone in the past couple of days and MS said that they could not find the ticket that was submitted for this problem and it was not written down in the notes either. This really bothered me and the person that I spoke with today took the time to get all the details and said that he would make sure that someone got back to me so we will see what happens.
wvhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
ebirrane
Earning My Ears

Just got back from a work trip and tried just now and still have the same problem.

Do any experienced disboarders have a way to get to something other than first-line tech support? I'm extremely disappointed in this.

I received a generic response from tech support on the 15th:

-------
Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your concern. The challenges you are facing with the
online booking on DVCMember.com have been brought to the attention of
our IT Partners. They are working on identifying the cause so that they
can correct these challenges as quickly as possible. We do appreciate
your continued patience as we hope to have this resolved soon.

Please let us know the following information so that we can pass this
along to our Partners for further investigation:

Operating system and Version
Browser Type and Version

Thank you again for your message.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
------------

responded with:

------------
Hi.

I have tried this on snow leopard using safari, chrome, and firefox. I have tried it on windows 7 using internet explorer and chrome and firefox.

Doubt this now week-long lock out is a browser problem.
--------------

To which they responded with:

-----------
Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

I will pass the information you provided along to our Partners for further investigation.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
------------

Which was on the 16th. I have heard nothing since the 16th.

-Ed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: